It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO community shocked - ECETI ranch and paranormal investigator quits their world.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
link

In an email sent to his followers announcing his dissatisfaction with media reports, James Gilliland said "I believe the majority of the UFO community has become convoluted and riddled with disinformation"...

"Before we begin I would like to express this letter is not to the people of integrity which are far and few between in the UFO community. They will understand and completely agree with what I am about to say. This letter is to all the conference boards, talk show hosts and others within the community who continue to deal with half truths and perpetuate the dark threatening agendas concerning our off world visitors totally ignoring the fact that the majority of off worlders are very spiritually and technologically advanced as well as benevolent.
didn't we feature this guy and his ranch on here a couple months ago? what did you do to him to end up this way?

I guess ATS can really get on some people's nerves...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I think there's something to that area... but Gilliland himself is a certifiable loon, the UFO community is probably better off.

I don't even understand what he's rambling on about though. He's still charging money for the newage scam sessions he leads on the site, so what exactly is different? He's not giving interviews? I read the whole deal, he just whines a lot but it doesn't go anywhere.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
The men in black paid him a visit.
It is silly. UFO related organizations are held with low regard but Churches exist tax free. Go a UFO church and get labeled a loon. Go down the block to the institutionalized church and your saved. The MSM is a good example.
The guy is pissed that his work is not taken serious. It is not taken serious because there are not enough minds open to alternative though.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I do believe I understand what he's driving at, it's not just David Jacobs tying the Abduction Phenomenon in with some malevolent Gray Agenda, but also speculations about Nazi/UFO connections, Doomsday 2012 and alien invasion speculations, etc. Just about every Hollywood film still treats 'aliens' as some type of threat.

All I can say to this is, as the UFO phenomenon and research around it grows, it will of course spill into various domains, and writers/researchers will try to profile themselves by developing more and more speculative and eccentric theories.

Whether you can live with this or not is up to each and every one to decide for himself. Gilliand comes of as a purist in his domain so I guess he isn't.

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
I think there's something to that area... but Gilliland himself is a certifiable loon, the UFO community is probably better off.

I don't even understand what he's rambling on about though. He's still charging money for the newage scam sessions he leads on the site, so what exactly is different? He's not giving interviews? I read the whole deal, he just whines a lot but it doesn't go anywhere.

Why is Gilliand a "certified loon"? Because he claims to see and enter in contact with other-worldy beings, or because he practices meditation and spirituality?

Yes, he charges money for his courses and get-togethers. It allows him to keep his ranch running, offer more courses and get his message out to a greater crowd. It's a basic capitalist principle most of us live by. Nobody thinks it is strange if you want to make money, but if Gilliand does, it makes him a scam?

There's some whining in this text yes. I don't have to agree with it, but I can sympathize.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric

Why is Gilliand a "certified loon"? Because he claims to see and enter in contact with other-worldy beings, or because he practices meditation and spirituality?

Yeah I get sick of hearing about "New Age loonies". The only loonies are the morons who refuse to believe psychic mediums have any sort of ability because they refuse to educate themselves. Skeptic debunkers are the wart on the butt of commonsense.

It's these tossers that ridicule those who are spiritual.... that are the modern day "Swamp gas" idiots. No doubt one day we can all laugh at how stupid their skeptical theories are.... like we do the swamp gas and weatherballoon brigade today.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Total Package]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by staple
Go a UFO church and get labeled a loon. Go down the block to the institutionalized church and your saved.

Excuse me, what's a UFO church? If you're going to something that proclaims to be a UFO church then you are a loon.

I do believe I understand what he's driving at, it's not just David Jacobs tying the Abduction Phenomenon in with some malevolent Gray Agenda, but also speculations about Nazi/UFO connections, Doomsday 2012 and alien invasion speculations, etc.

In other words he's whining because people have come to different conclusions and are looking into other avenues. I'm not necessarily endorsing any of these theories, but I don't endorse his either.

Yes, he charges money for his courses and get-togethers. It allows him to keep his ranch running, offer more courses and get his message out to a greater crowd. It's a basic capitalist principle most of us live by.

And I always heard the "benevolent off world visitors" had a message against the capitalist nature of our society. Maybe it only applies to world leaders and world domination cabals, but not ranchers who are in contact with "benevolent off world visitors"...

Originally posted by Total Package
The only loonies are the morons who refuse to believe psychic mediums have any sort of ability because they refuse to educate themselves.

People who remain unconvinced of something extraordinary until it is proven are not morons, but rational people. There's a big difference between education and believing something. You seem to confuse the two.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This is the kinds of housekeeping I'm always talking about. Getting folks like this out of the subject will, ever time, be a positive for all of us. If you don't know why I am saying that, well then your part of the problem.

Put it this way, they said they are upset with media coverage regarding this subject? Really? Are they surprised? Look at the utter rubbish they spout on a regular basis. Completely unverified and conveniently unverifiable. Of course that adds up to something that is not media worthy. The subject itself is laughable to the media thanks to folks like this.

Did these guys just expect people to swallow everything they claim without serious question? Seems to me like they don't have a leg to stand on, and when challenged they fold because they don't have any high cards.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
edited.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by tristar]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

The house keepers aren't getting paid enough, this is taking forever and they seem to multiply asexually and exponentially.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by converge
And I always heard the "benevolent off world visitors" had a message against the capitalist nature of our society. Maybe it only applies to world leaders and world domination cabals, but not ranchers who are in contact with "benevolent off world visitors"...

It seems the message of the "benevolent off world visitors" is dependent on whatever the contactee believes in ailing the world. If it is capitalism, then the aliens will tell us to stop our corrupt capitalist ways. If it is the environment, the aliens will do their best Al Gore impersonation. If it's religion, the aliens will tell the contactee higher spiritual truths or how they created religion. And so forth...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Gilliland does manage to make some great points everyone in this field should consider, even if he got there by way of being wrong.

The fear and suspense along with other hidden agendas via disinformation agents has so infiltrated ufology that the higher truth has been virtually pushed out. The UFO community has become the very conspiracy and censors of truth they set out in the beginning to expose. It has become a plethora of disinformation, misinformation, and massive egos wanting to be messiahs each thinking they have the big picture when all they have is a small piece of the pie.

Though Gilliland could have just as easily been looking at the mirror and describing himself.

Originally posted by Total Package
It's these tossers that ridicule those who are spiritual.... that are the modern day "Swamp gas" idiots. No doubt one day we can all laugh at how stupid their skeptical theories are.... like we do the swamp gas and weatherballoon brigade today.

And the above Gilliland quote could easily describe you as well.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
James is a good guy. I've met him and chatted with him on e-mail several times. There is definitely something going on above his ranch. I'm sure he's just sick of the smear pieces by the media and the in-fighting between groups. Neat guy, neat place.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Regarding demonization of aliens, See the death bed admissions of
Dr Werner Von Braun back in the 1970's in the Testimony of Dr Carol Rosen

[edit on 31-10-2009 by seataka]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by seataka
Regarding demonization of aliens, See comments by Dr Werner Von Braun back in the 1970's in the Testimony of Dr Carol Rosen

Don't believe it for a minute. Dr. Von Braun never said anything like that in the 70s, at least not that can be verified. That is just the claim of Dr. Rosen, who cannot verify in any way Dr. Von Braun said this, you just have to take her word on it. She never made these claims public until recent years, long after the ideas of terrorism and world-killing asteroids has entered the public conscious.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Regarding demonization of aliens, See comments by Dr Werner Von Braun back in the 1970's in the Testimony of Dr Carol Rosen

Don't believe it for a minute. Dr. Von Braun never said anything like that in the 70s, at least not that can be verified. That is just the claim of Dr. Rosen, who cannot verify in any way Dr. Von Braun said this, you just have to take her word on it. She never made these claims public until recent years, long after the ideas of terrorism and world-killing asteroids has entered the public conscious.

My opinion differs from yours,

you are the one I don't believe

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I agree with everything James claims, he is trying to promote the goodness, the enlightenment, the inner peace, obviously something is happening at the ranch, even the ATS owners went out there for a few days, they seemed to have good thoughts for the place.

The part I agree with is his claims that there are too many chefs in the UFO kitchen, all wanting their piece of the pie or to make their part of any information the most important part, when any information really belongs to everyone, not any single person.

He's just become a little disillusioned that what happens there is not what is reported, people who have never stepped foot near the place seem to be the ones with all the opinions and a lot of it is negative, like all the doomsday threats, and alien invasions, you know the people who have watched too many Sci-Fi Movie's and taken them as real and the way it's going to be.

Why would visitors from other worlds wish to play any part in that? perhaps that is the reason why the negativity surrounding it is always promoted, because Governments do not want them turning over the apple cart.

I cant blame him for his stance, I think he has and is doing the right thing, certainly wont stop my visit there next year.

I can give you an example, go to the search engine, or trundle through the posts on ATS, just go back maybe a year and a half, look at the posts, the debates, the information, and the discussions, and look how many of the members who always posted those kinds of really interesting informed threads still regularly post, then look at when the posting declined.

In the past 6 to 8 months people have appeared on this site who out of nowhere began to dismiss, laugh, make fun of, ridicule, and take the whole situation and twisted it into some kind of a joke, but very few of them posted anything of interest, very few of them had a good response , very few of them did anything but turn a lot of subjects into a giant meaningless mess.

How did they do that? by offering up phrases and words meant to attract, the careful usage of words at the right time , just enough to grab the attention of similarly minded people who like the joke and the ridicule over the intellectual and serious work some members put into their threads, it got to the point when those members said why should I? what is the point if nobody is willing to try and discover the truth with them.

Stealing the work of others and twisting it changing it without permission has always been a big no no on here, yet it happens and has happened recently, would you bring a decades worth of work for everyone to see only to have it stolen, twisted and used to make you look stupid?

Until we get back to business like it used to be James is right, everyone thinks they have the whole picture, but in reality it's just a fragment of the truth, scepticism is a wonderful thing, but with an open mind, not with another agenda designed to drag it to the bottom of oblivion, ridicule without knowing what your talking about is even worse, and while the culprits are protected under the T&C there is nothing which can be done.

Maybe what we really need is a everything goes forum, where the T&C don't count and let everyone have at it, with any language needed, without fear of consequences, banning, or fines, a place where we could finally speak and say what most of us want to, a place of safety for the good and not the ignorant.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
weather or not there is somethig going on above this blokes airy-fairy little ranch is beyond and beside the point. THe house cleaning... as well stated, has gone undone for too long. Fine the wanker quits the ufology aspect. I am more than confident he will be back and twice as pissed and whiney because no one gave two #es about his departure. once again he seeks attention. give it a month or two. he's probably reading this right now 'humph-ing" every word we say. I guess those of us that could care less about the guy,. or consider his 'quitting' a blessing, are the disinformation agents.... HAIL NASA!!

either way its hard to take someone seriously that says they talk to invisible entities. I do not take seriously the remote viewers, the psychics that talk to aliens on venus, that dildo adamski, or the flakes that talk to jesus seriously either. I can say I had in depth conversations with THomas Jefferson, and Elvis presly while drinking tea made from Yohimbi bark and tell tall tales of our intellectual exploits, but in the end I was merely getting an overdose of an aphrodesiac and so horney I was staring at a lampshade that looked like a boob. whats to be taken seriously?

[edit on 31-10-2009 by stanlee]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

My opinion differs from yours,

you are the one I don't believe

I don't expect you to take my word for it. But do not take Dr. Rosen's word for it either. Look at her claims objectively, don't simply take them at face-value because she may be saying things you want to hear. Find out for yourself, discover the facts. Always seek to verify and falsify.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

you know what Rex? I like you. You can be the most arrogant prick and sarcastic arse, I have ever seen, and sometimes you seem to make unmittigated attacks on various peoples responses. I have never, myself to my knowledge, been the subject of one of these seemingly unmittigated attacks, but at first always thought you an arse. Now... after reading most of them again, and even this one here.... I have noticed something. Though you do seem to respond with much sarcasm, there are two things you never do. You never deviate from your main point, (almost as if to broaden the perspectives of extremists), and you never start off with "Hey Retard! you're wrong because......" lol. I have no idea what side of the truth seeker spectrum you are on, but all in all... I like you. dick. lol

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

Uh...thanks?

I think?

Originally posted by stanlee
I have no idea what side of the truth seeker spectrum you are on...

I am a skeptic. I think as it stands right now, extraterrestrials are not responsible for the UFO phenomenon. But I also think there are compelling cases to be looked at and compelling arguments to be made for the extraterrestrial hypothesis. I also believe the phenomenon is worthy of scientific investigation; there is much to be learned from the phenomenon, regardless of what is driving it. And while I may be a skeptic, I'll be the first to admit I don't know anything. I don't think anyone does. If someone tells you they have all the answers, they are lying to you. And if you think you have all the answers, well then you are just lying to yourself.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by DoomsdayRex]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join