It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water drop at 2000 FPS - Stunning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I happen to be a StumbleUpon addict and came across this. I've seen many high FPS shot, but not this one. It's really very beautiful and kinda feels almost fractally. Check it out

videos.90up.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Amazing and beautiful. There is SO MUCH we've yet to learn about our natural world.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jar11

we should try recording a ufo sighting with one of those

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Awesome video. just goes to show how we define our reality only by how we PERCEIVE OUR REALITY and not by what is actually going on.

Love it.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Since digital storage abilities keep growing exponentially and dropping in price, it's only a matter of time before we all have 2000 fps digital camcorders.

Once that happens, who knows what people will spot in the moments in between perception.

Thanks for posting the cool video; seeing isn't always believing because many things are happenning all around us at a different spped than what we percieve as real-time.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by maus80

Very interesting thought. I would love to have a 2000 FPS camera. I would be filming anything and everything.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Interestingly, I haven't seen many high frame rate videos, but the water droplet is one I have seen before, though it is none the less beautiful for that. There was a professor at the university I went to who did some research into this sort of thing; I can't remember exactly what he was trying to prove, but he had videos like that one. He also did a bunch where he used coloured dyes for better visibility. One of the weirder things he found was that the dye plume that a coloured droplet makes under the surface of the water looks a lot like an upside down mushroom cloud of an atomic bomb explosion.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jar11

i to am a stumble-upon addict, best firefox add on ever!

that video is very cool, it almost looks like CGI its so unreal.

amazing what watching something in super slow-mo with super high detail does

new topics

top topics

join