It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$160,000 Per Stimulus Job? White House Calls That 'Calculator Abuse'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

$160,000 Per Stimulus Job? White House Calls That 'Calculator Abuse'

blogs.abcnews.com

Posting its results late this afternoon at Recovery.gov, the White House claimed 640,329 jobs have been created or saved because of the $159 billion in stimulus funds allocated as of Sept. 30.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll (Obama at nearly all time low)
7 Months After Stimulus 49 of 50 States Have Lost Jobs
The Economy to Fail, Recovery is a Scam!
US - Economy in Recovery or just smoke and mirrors?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Ed DeSeve, senior advisor to the president for Recovery Act implementation, said he'd been "scrubbing" the job estimates so much since they came it at the beginning of the month that he now has "dishpan hands and my fingers are worn to the nub." LOL!!!

The Obama administration said they would creat 3,600,000 jobs with their Stimulus/ Porculus bill. To date the total job loss has been 2,700,000!!!!!!!!!!!! Only one state, North Dakota, has gained only 1800 jobs.

Yet Obama claims that 640,329 jobs have been saved! This administration is blowing smoke from both ends! LOL!

We do need to give Obama credit for being an incredible spinmeister!

blogs.abcnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
$159 billion - 629,400 jobs, less new jobs, most saved probably..i think it would be interesting to see, just WHO's jobs were saved.. aka CEo's? executives? politicians??? the same ones screwing us over*
Now, this is a no brianer..$159 billion bought* just over half a million jobs* Does he mean globaly or just nationwide or both? thats a HUGE dollar figure for such a low population numberm, considering the worlds population is 6 billion, and united sate alone is what, 350 million? Thats a huge uknderwrite man!!!!
And let us not forget, new taxes coming, thiers no guarnantee the economy is going to pull through next month or this year when thigns really slow down after new years, and the fact that alot of businesses here are going overseas to hire for less salary and reduced benefits, theirfore not supporting thier own country people..i highly doubt3,200,000 would ever be achived* its impossible

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
$160,000 seems like we could have just given that to the people that have been laid off and let them live normally for the next few years without their job.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

.i think it would be interesting to see, just WHO's jobs were saved.. aka CEo's? executives? politicians??? the same ones screwing us over*

You have hit upon a new high here on perception, skepticism and overall vision!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
$160,000 seems like we could have just given that to the people that have been laid off and let them live normally for the next few years without their job.

or you could have not borrowed it and saved yourself a bunch of interest payments.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

White House officials heralded the unparalleled transparency in reporting job numbers to the public, but acknowledged there is no consistent standard across states or localities, or among federal agencies giving out stimulus funds, in differentiating between a “saved” job and a “created” job. The White House argues that the actual job number is actually larger than 640,000 -- closer to 1 million jobs when one factors in stimulus jobs added in October and, more importantly, jobs created indirectly, such as "the waitress who's still on the job," Vice President Biden said today.

Officials acknowledged the numbers were not exact, saying that states and localities that reported the numbers have made mistakes.

they have NO CHECKS in place to know if the numbers are real or not and have NO PROOF that even 1 job was saved with the porkulus bill.

Sorry but I'm seeing more people being laid off than hired in the area of the country i live in. and see my state and the states around me cutting more and more from their budgets because they aren't getting enough tax revenue. because more and more people are getting laid off.

DeSeve and Bernstein were not able to say how many of the 640,329 jobs were saved and how many were created. How do they know that government officials asking for stimulus funds to help prevent layoffs were legitimate? "What we have to do is expect that our public officials are honest," DeSeve said. "I know that's a high bar."

WOW even Obamas advisors agree with me. Hurry Obama fire them before the sheeple realize your scamming them

[edit on 10/31/2009 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
So, essentially, what the story tells me is that no real employment opportunities were created with the stimulus fund. Am I wrong? I don't think so, however, what is the money be used for if it isn't creating employment opportunities? Come on media, follow the money trail! The government keeps records don't they, or at least I hope? Lets find out what exactly happened to this stimulus and to whom was it given. That is the first step. We have to know where are money is going and how it is spent.

Could it be, that businesses and corporations are hording the money as the banks have been accused of upon receiving the TARP funds? Is some of the stimulus funds going to executive compensation? Is the money going abroad for foreign investments? These are some questions the media should be asking! I have yet to hear any in depth analysis about this stimulus package and how it is being implemented?

Congress, you give the President the green light to spear-head such a costly effort without reasonable oversight and safeguards to stifle waste and corruption? I am very upset by this tom-foolery, and Congress should have an in depth hearing on this matter immediately, and everyone gets grilled from the top down. Enough of this astronomical spending! What in Hades is Congress doing?

Its like they are unlocking the hen house for the wolves. Checks and balances anyone? Most of the legislation coming out of the Executive should have been tossed out at the very onset until proper deliberation and costs were in order, but sadly, most of the bills have made it past the quote unquote "Watchful Eyes," of the House and Senate. Most of these bills would've been laughed out of Congress some 30 years ago. Welcome to the "Twilight Zone."

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
As others have said, you have to consider the amount of jobs that were probably saved due to the stimulus. Dividing the stimulus spent by the new jobs created while ignoring that saved jobs sounds more like a Republican talking point more than common sense. Then again, most talking points have little common sense or seldom based on reality.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Yeah, I love this 'created or saved' garbage. The fact that they can't break it down and tell you how many were created and how many were 'saved' should make it pretty obvious that the administration is just blowing smoke out its ***.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, initial jobless claims came in at 530,000 just for the most recent week.

new topics

top topics

join