It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, There's 6,793,934,094 people in the world...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Its nearly hallow's eve, and its time for some morbid thinking.

As of now, according to the Us Census's Population clock, there are 6,793,934,094 people in the world. And that means, at some point, there will be 6,793,934,094 dead bodies added to the massive amounts of people already six feet under. Now we can subtract some of the people who have themselves cremated, and its not like these people are all going to die at once, but I have asked myself: what are we going to do with all the dead? The same thing we have been? Well, I don't think thats possible. As time goes on and the population goes up and up, we are going to need all the urban space and land space we can get, whether it be growing food or living quaters. There are an estimated 2 billion christans in the world, and if they continue with the tradition of being buried, its going to take up space.

What if the traditonal funeral becomes obsolete? What ways would the process of death change?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Well, according to those xtians you mentioned, they are expecting the dead to rise. So after the evangelists annouce that that has happened, I suppose there will be enough empty graves that the land can then be cleared and the new civilization can begin over again. Maybe the next human civilization will learn from this and impose cremation or feeding the dead to the ocean god. (sharks)

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by summerdreary

As of now, according to the Us Census's Population clock, there are 6,793,934,094 people in the world. And that means, at some point, there will be 6,793,934,094 dead bodies added to the massive amounts of people already six feet under. Now we can subtract some of the people who have themselves cremated, and its not like these people are all going to die at once, but I have asked myself: what are we going to do with all the dead? The same thing we have been? Well, I don't think thats possible. As time goes on and the population goes up and up, we are going to need all the urban space and land space we can get, whether it be growing food or living quaters. There are an estimated 2 billion christans in the world, and if they continue with the tradition of being buried, its going to take up space.

What if the traditonal funeral becomes obsolete? What ways would the process of death change?

Guess what has 7 heads and 10 crowns and is described as a beast?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Well, according to those xtians you mentioned, they are expecting the dead to rise. So after the evangelists annouce that that has happened, I suppose there will be enough empty graves that the land can then be cleared and the new civilization can begin over again. Maybe the next human civilization will learn from this and impose cremation or feeding the dead to the ocean god. (sharks)

Cremation....you said it, only it will be for almost everyone at the same time.

Problem solved....and talk about replenished carbon rich soil....for those left standing....which won't be many.

Peace

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I have no problem with the devil eating my carcass, or rising from the dead but lets say the devil doesn't show up to crash the party and the heavens dont rain down. What are we going to do then? Or is it a stupid concept to think about?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I have no problem with the devil eating my carcass, or rising from the dead but lets say the devil doesn't show up to crash the party and the heavens dont rain down. What are we going to do then? Or is it a stupid concept to think about?

Yeah right? Talk about anti climactic. All the confessions and freaky sex and everyone waiting for the ticker to stop then.....nothing. Just people looking at each other going "I thought we were going to die....you better not tell anyone about this".

lol...Fun

Peace

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Death won't change, or the "process" of death that is. Death is part of life.

Think about this now. I read somewhere and I will try to find it, that there have been over 60 Billion people est. on the earth so far including the almost 7 billion now. That means 53 billion are in the ground.

Don't you think this would of already been a problem? What do you think?

[edit on 30-10-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

So, There's 6,793,934,094 people in the world...

And I STILL can't find a date. Sad....

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Oh boy, first on behalf of Rome, caretakers of Slave Planet Earth please note, this is a planetary mining and drilling operation.

We mine several ores here on Slave Planet Earth but most prize Gold. So much so almost every thing you do or anyone does is in support of the mining operation and getting some Gold!

Our second most popular and sought after commodity is oil. This is known as black gold.

Oil is made from fossil fuels!

Where do you think fossil fuels come from? From dead animals.

What will we do with all these bodies? Pretty much what you have been doing, burning them in your car to get from point A to B and paying for the privelage in labor and services you render.

Thank you. Rome appreciates this!

Now you know what will be done with all the bodies. Please feel free to join them at any time!

Thank you. Rome very much appreciates this.

[edit on 31/10/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

no offense but im pretty sure that it takes oil a long time to form (so we wont be around to get it from human bodies) and the density of humans buried in graveyards isnt enough to you know...make worthwhile amounts of oil anyway.

i read a book called Stiff The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers and it had some fairly neat ideas about body disposal. there was one where your body gets put in a vat o lye (i think) until it dissolves. even the bones become powdery and soft. they can then pour you down the sink.

there was talk of memorial gardens in norway or something like that where your body gets composted and your family is given the compost made from your corpse and then they plant a tree in a memorial garden in the soil made out of you.

i thought those were kind of interesting.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
There may be that many people in the world, but how many actually follow the exercises done by your own mother country (USA here)?

A lot of people are left in the middle of nowhere/poverty/third world countries, others are cremated, some hidden, whatever the case may be.

After we will the ground, we reach for the sky! Just imagine taking an elevator to go see your dead grandpa Georgio!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by summerdreary
[more

I have always thought that dead bodies and graves take up too much space - also, who wants to rot away with worms eating them? ugh.

Cremation is the only way to go - for the planet.

The spirit has departed - we do not need to keep the bodies.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

I may have forgotten to mention the giant man eating reptiles we breed and introduce from time to time to snack on the humans.

This usually only happens though once we have a big enough crop of humans to feed them. They are large, each one yields several barrels of oil.

We never introduce the reptiles though until we had have at least 6,000,000,000 humans on hand to keep the reptiles fed for a while...

That reminds me, how many humans did you say we were up to now OP?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Think about this now. I read somewhere and I will try to find it, that there have been over 60 Billion people est. on the earth so far including the almost 7 billion now. That means 53 billion are in the ground.

It's averages to around 100 billion. en.wikipedia.org...

Decomposition is your friend guys, we'll be alright

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
heres a list of alternative burials. some help cut down on the space being taken up. others are just plain cool

hubpages.com...

as for me, i want to be eaten by wolves (if the cannibalization laws arent repealed by the time die.)

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

no offense but im pretty sure that it takes oil a long time to form (so we wont be around to get it from human bodies) and the density of humans buried in graveyards isnt enough to you know...make worthwhile amounts of oil anyway.

i read a book called Stiff The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers and it had some fairly neat ideas about body disposal. there was one where your body gets put in a vat o lye (i think) until it dissolves. even the bones become powdery and soft. they can then pour you down the sink.

there was talk of memorial gardens in norway or something like that where your body gets composted and your family is given the compost made from your corpse and then they plant a tree in a memorial garden in the soil made out of you.

i thought those were kind of interesting.

"Donny loved the ocean...." Big Lebowski

Can't they turn us into glue or something?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

It's averages to around 100 billion. en.wikipedia.org...

Decomposition is your friend guys, we'll be alright

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Republican08]

Thank you Republican for having my back. I knew it was somewhere around there. Shoot I was only off by 47 BILLION....lol

I'm in your camp....compost good....

Peace

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
heres a list of alternative burials. some help cut down on the space being taken up. others are just plain cool

hubpages.com...

as for me, i want to be eaten by wolves (if the cannibalization laws arent repealed by the time die.)

After your dead right? To be eaten by wolves after your dead or while you're alive? Cujo Style? lol

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

psh. real men know how to go out in style!

on a side note...my mother is afraid of hearses and funeral homes. she wants us to put her in a cardboard box and dump her in the woods. (we wont be doing that of course. we might need that box for throwing out all of her stuff
)

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Cremate and then launch remains into space. I wouldn't mind my final resting place being space.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join