It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida approves touch-screen 'vote' system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Florida has certified the state's first touch-screen 'voting' system by Diebold, a company whose machines have been banned or scrutinized in California, Maryland, Ohio and Washington. The Diebold AccuVote TSR6 will be available for use in all of Florida's 67 counties, including Duval, where an official said they will be used as early as the Aug. 31 state primary election. Diebold had applied for certification on March 22 after past applications for earlier versions of the machines failed.

Florida Times-Union

It's been banned in several states, yet, somehow makes the grade for Florida.
I wonder if Walden O'Dell, chief executive of Diebold Inc, saying that he is "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year" , or that Gommer Bush is govenor has anything to do with it?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Of course Florida has, they need a way to steal the votes if Bush cant get them fairly.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
That whole Bush/Gore election thing was so crooked, and it looks like they are going to do it again. Where is the outrage? Do people not know, or want to know what happened in Florida's last election? It looks like may happen again.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
My state has used touch screens for the last few years with none of the nonesense that Florida saw. I do think there was cheating probably on both sides of the ticket and a change is needed there. The most likely cause of Florida's hanging and dangling chads was the act of placing more than one ballot under the stylus which was designed to only punch one ballot per voter.

We saw both sides gain votes as the recounts were done and the ballots stamped together began to shake loose. Ideally, if the number of ballots stayed the same, one side would have had to lose votes in order for the other to gain. This didn't happen which leads to the conclusion that many of the ballots were so closely held together that they were counted as one by the machine. I assume the counting machine is designed to cleanly separate ballots merely stacked together to load into it. From that we can deduct that many voters were given and allowed to vote illegally on one or more ballots.

Who would do this you asked? A politician who became so Macheavellian in nature that as long as the end was what he preceived to be just, to hell with the means or any morality therein.

No, I think for the true will of the people to be heard, we must eliminate the chances and opportunities for these types of actions. We must have a clear cut set of rules that apply to everyone. If one of us must register a month before the election, another should not be able to come out on election day without registering and be allowed to vote on the basis of race, gender , or how loud they bitch about it. If one person must find their own transportation to the polls, then so should everyone else.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
- with an ATM style receipt, generated for individual & state records

- open source code to federal oversight.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
- with an ATM style receipt, generated for individual & state records

- open source code to federal oversight.

There will never be that much accountability unfortunately. Instead of touch-screen, people need to absentee vote. That way there is evidence.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Wow, let me guess, it will all be electronic. Hell, I bet I could jurie(what we call taking something and messing with it around here) rig it so every one of every five votes for Kerry go to Bush or some other bs. Also, this way the democrats can't call for a recount, for it all electronic and computer. Hell, bet a idiot could get a virus into them. And guess what? it will probably be the ones that are in areas that support Kerry that get "viruses" or jurie rigged. Damn GOP, stealing another election in Florida. What surprises me is s few f8cking people go "Gee, they gonna put in a system that is banned in other states cause they screw up, I wonder if the GOP is gonna pull another election 2000."

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Sounds outdated...last time I voted (and I'm in FL), I used the touch screen machine....

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
well, by using computers, won't it make it that much easier to "rig" the elelction.
And.. doesn't it seem funny, that they installed, what was "banned" by others, in a state under the "control" of another player in the "Bush Dynasty".
Should we believe that JEB is being groomed to come into office, after George is finished.
OR, will George do all the damage, and simply declare a "national emergency" in order to gain complete control?

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by DarkRain]

top topics

join