It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leonard Peltier-why not free?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Because the b*stard murdered Police Officers!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BigDaveJr

There seems to be a lot of conjecture about whether he killed anybody.
Even if so, context plays a huge role.
As an outsider, it is not for me to say either way.
But in the context of a violent and difficult time, can there not be some process of reconciliation?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I don't think You can reconcile with Murderers.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BigDaveJr

Everywhere that history had genocide and murder needs reconciliation.
So when the severed arms and legs of Native Americans were displayed to great applause in Denver after the Sand Creek massacre, that requires no reconciliation?
The pitiful conditions on Native American reservations required no reconciliation?

Perhaps that's what Peltier's generation felt - there's no reconciliation with these people, or talking any more.
I read many accounts, and cannot say what happened, but everyone must reconcile, even with "murderers", eventually.
Otherwise it's not reconciliation.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I sometimes feel that everything that happened under Nixon was shady.
Why did he go off the gold standard and slowly erode the once valued-above-gold US dollar?
Before everyone dies, it would be great to set-up tribunals and re-investigate it all.
But let's not hold our breath - the full details of the Warren Commision aren't due for a few more decades.
Nobody's in a hurry to spill any beans.
And as I just read in Ian Wilson's The After Death Experience, even the dead may have rules about not telling us too much.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Leonard Peltier was on the ballot for the General Election in California in 2004 for President of the United States for the Peace and Freedom Party.

I voted for him.

peaceandfreedom2004.org...

Statement by Leonard Peltier

I am a Native American who has suffered nearly 28 years in prison, even though government attorneys and courts acknowledge that the government withheld evidence, fabricated evidence, and coerced witnesses to fraudulently convict me. But the courts say they have no power to correct the wrongs of our government. If the Courts do not, who does? I will ensure that all peoples receive justice. Environmental protection is paramount for our survival. The earth is our sacred Mother who nourishes us. Our government is destroying the earth by allowing its usurpation for greedy purposes. I will protect the environment. All minorities must be allowed to maintain their languages and traditions with dignity. I personally suffered the indignity of being deprived of speaking my native tongue and following Lakota traditions. This country has engaged in genocidal policies to exterminate virtually every minority, especially those who express dissent and seek equal justice. Now is the time to end the continuing injustices of this government and ensure liberty and equal health care to all. Luther Standing Bear, a Sioux Chief, stated: "Out of the Indian approach to life became a great freedom -- an intense and absorbing love for nature; a respect for life; enriching in a supreme power; and principals of truth, honesty, generosity, equity, and brotherhood as a guard to mundane relations." That statement exemplifies the basic truths of life. I will represent all people, not the entrepreneurs who care only how much money can be stuffed into their pockets.

<< 1   >>

join