It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
(visit the link for the full news article)
* North Houston Bank, Houston, TX
* Madisonville State Bank, Madisonville, TX
* Citizens National Bank, Teague, TX
* Park National Bank, Chicago, IL
* Pacific National Bank, San Francisco, CA
* California National Bank, Los Angeles, CA
* San Diego National Bank, San Diego, CA
* Community Bank of Lemont, Lemont, IL
* Bank USA, NA, Phoenix, AZ
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Nine more U.S. banks, all owned by the same Illinois holding company, were closed Friday by regulators, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. said U.S. Bank of Minneapolis would assume their deposits.
The banks as of Sept. 30 had combined assets of $19.4 billion and deposits of $15.4 billion, the FDIC said.
The deposit insurance fund will take an estimated $2.5 billion hit, the FDIC said.
All nine banks were subsidiaries of FBOP Corp., a holding company based in the Chicago suburb of Oak Park, Ill., according to the FDIC.
Privately held FBOP, which originated as the parent company of First Bank of Oak Park, wasn't involved in Friday's closures, the FDIC said.
The FBOP subsidiaries that were closed Friday were identified as Bank USA, Phoenix; California National Bank, Los Angeles; San Diego National Bank, San Diego; Pacific National Bank, San Francisco; Park National Bank, Chicago; Community Bank of Lemont, Lemont, Ill.; North Houston Bank, Houston; Madisonville State Bank, Madisonville, Texas; and Citizens National Bank, Teague, Texas.