It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Facial Profiling App

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xman_in_blackx

nice to see more and more level headed people...

i felt the need to add that because i see many people make a statement just as a statement and get blasted for it as if they were trying to incite.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

and we need to take it upon ourselves to inform those after and before us to be weary of this sort of things.

Your points are good, but I wouldn't worry about those "before you". I'm a senior citizen, and I can tell you that there aren't many seniors on facebook, compared to the younger generations. My doesn't even know how to turn a computer on. None of our senior friends are on facebook either.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If you manage your privacy settings right, there's nothing to worry about.

Staafke

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

i feel the need to respond to this to separate myself from those who think that this is some nefarious plot. i honestly think its just some app. it doesn't matter. i'm not trying to throw hate, i simply disagree.

It is certainly your right to disagree. However, I ask you to do some research on Google concerning the CIA and Coca Cola.
It isn't just Sherman Skolnick who blew the whistle on Coke. There are so many major international incidents involving them, that it is hard to deny that they are a major front for the CIA.
Here is just one major incident:

www.mail-archive.com...@listserv.aol.com/msg84660.html

The Coca-Cola Killings:
Is Plan Colombia funding a bloodbath of union activists?
David Bacon

After the leader of their union was shot down at their plant gate in late 1996, Edgar Paéz and his co-workers at the Coca-Cola bottling factory in Carepa, Colombia, tried for more than four years to get their government to take action against the responsible parties. Instead, some of the workers themselves wound up behind bars, while the murderers went free.

Convinced that Colombian officials were unable or unwilling to bring the perpetrators to justice, they decided to go abroad for help. Accordingly, last July, the Colombian union Sinaltrainal, together with the United Steelworkers of America and the International Labor Rights Fund (ILRF), filed a lawsuit in the Florida courts against Coca-Cola, Panamerican Beverages (the largest soft-drink bottler in Latin America), and Bebidas y Alimentos (owned by Richard Kirby of Key Biscayne, Florida), which operates the Carepa plant. The suit charges the three companies with complicity in the assassination of the union leader Isídro Segundo Gil.

The case has become the centerpiece in a new strategy devised by Colombia's labor movement to stop a wave of murders of union activists that's lasted over a decade. International labor cooperation, the unions believe, is the only means left to them to counter the power of the corporations that they think are the instigators and beneficiaries of the repression.

Increasingly, U.S.-based unions have been willing to help. On November 19, Paéz was joined by Teamsters President James P. Hoffa in front of the World of Coca-Cola Museum in Atlanta, where Hoffa proclaimed: "As the union that represents the most Coca-Cola workers in the world, we demand that Coke stop the violence against workers."

In the Philippines:

The CIA in the Philippines has engaged in countless covert operations for intervention and dirty tricks particularly in Philippine domestic politics. On top of all this is the US diplomatic mission, especially the political section that is a favorite cover for many CIA operatives. CIA front companies also provide an additional but convenient layer of cover for operatives assigned overseas. In general, wherever you find US big business interests (like Coca-Cola, Ford, Citicorp, United Fruit, Nike, etc.), you also find a very active CIA. But the covers often used are diversified.

www.derechos.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It's worth noting that when you create a Facebook account, or attempt to change the name on your account, you are admonished to only use your real name, and are informed that nicknames and pseudonyms will not be approved. Obviously, Facebook has no way of enforcing this, except on a case-by-case basis, but still...

Facial recognition is certainly a lot more useful to Big Brother if he's able to match up your face with your actual name, as opposed to some wacky Web-handle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join