It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Facial Profiling App

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
As if Facebook didn't already have enough info to share with the intelligence community as part of their "total data awareness" policy, we now have the following, courtesy of your friends at Coca Cola:

Facial Profiler App

Now Big Brother will have a much easier time matching your Facebook profile to that image of you captured on some random security cam. Let's just hope you weren't doing anything "wrong."

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

I personally dont see the conspiracy. If you look for the negative and are negative, you will find more negative... no doubt! I think its a great idea. There are lots of people that look like others and cocacola may "work for the government" or something
wow such an INTERESTING idea... But i really think its a novice attempt at seeing how many people look alike in the world...

my 2.8 cents

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

starred and flagged.

clear as day what is going on here.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Yes that is exactly what they are doing.Tracking all you do on facebook.People are so paranoid.Get of this website, go out and live a little.Quit worrying that everything you do is tracked by the government.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Nice....
I don't even know what else to say...

This week I have been feeling like I need the world to stop so I can get off....

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by theBLESSINGofVISION

What is that? Paranoia?

There isnt anything going on with it... if there is i hope yall are doing further research to find out what it is... follow the paper trails...... otherwise, i just say get off ur computers for a bit and enjoy some fresh (Outdoor) new scenery!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by recycled
Nice....
I don't even know what else to say...

This week I have been feeling like I need the world to stop so I can get off....

Its not the world you need to get off, atleast your mind is telling you to get off something... (ATS- take a week off and come back, youll feel much better. with all the doom & gloom -and 90% of the stuff here never comes to pass... you will be safe) K Pal?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'm officially on vacation....Thanks for the orders.....Seriously...I think I just needed someone to tell me....A big slap in the head is apparently what I need every now and then..
See you folks after my vacation.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

they are putting your face in a database and running a facial recognition program, then going through their database and cross referencing your profile with others in that database.

paranoia or naivete?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by theBLESSINGofVISION

My face and my fingerprints are in the FBI/CIA (National Database)- Ex AF - Why do I care about facebook?

edit:

Paranoid... You have nothing to fear unless your guilty...

also... you have no idea how many terrorists plots have been foiled in and around the U.S. Using such technologies. What you really fear is if Our Government will turn it against more innocent people... such as yourself... or are you innocent???

[edit on 31-10-2009 by rjmelter]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

There is no question that this is a Data Mining application, not just an innocent app to let you see who looks like you.
Now, to what end will the data be used for? That is the question.

Before people dismiss this, as nothing more than an innocent application, they should take the time to read the late Sherman Skolnick's 16 part report on CocaCola and the CIA:

www.skolnicksreport.com...

Once people understand that Coca Cola is in virtually every country in the world, and their offices in those countries, according to Skolnick, were in many cases, fronts for CIA operations.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter

Paranoid... You have nothing to fear unless your [SIC] guilty...

also... you have no idea how many terrorists [SIC] plots have been foiled in and around the U.S. Using such technologies. What you really fear is if Our Government will turn it against more innocent people... such as yourself... or are you innocent???

That's what they always say in a police state.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter But i really think its a novice attempt at seeing how many people look alike in the world...

"Novice" means "beginner." The word you're looking for is "novel."

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
rjmelter, I'm sorry I'm such a little bitch! I just get cranky sometimes...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

There is no question that this is a Data Mining application, not just an innocent app to let you see who looks like you.
Now, to what end will the data be used for? That is the question.

Agreed. What upsets me is the fact that they will do this with our approval or not. They do whatever they wish and if there is a law preventing them from doing something, they will change the law so that they can or they will influence the people who enforce the law so it then becomes a non-issue.

No one is supposed to be above the law, but it seems like there are more and more people who are.

In the end, they will make the application "cool" so that people willing accept it without a second thought. We already have those who parrot the party line of "if you are innocent, you have nothing to fear" and sadly, they have no idea of what the word liberty or personal freedom means.

It appears to be blatant mind control in action to obtain facial patterns of the masses to include in their databases which can be tied to a national camera system. It only takes a drive around town to see how many cameras are already in place. One could call them infrastructure. ATMs, banks, intersections, businesses. highways, etc.

Theoretically, if the software could determine individual identity through facial pattern, then traffic cams could also recognize automobile type. Thus, once all cameras are tied together, you could be easily tracked should someone wish to know your whereabouts. If this information is logged, your location history can be accessed at any time as well.

If this is tied into OnStar, then you also have GPS coordinates as well giving more data points and redundancy.

"we know who you are, where you are and where you've been"

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
i'm just as paranoid as the next person....but what is anyone going to do about this?

these types of facebook apps are used by 4 types of people: teenagers, lonely housewifes, people trying to be cool with their friends, and college kids.

and a few of those overlap.

the point here is, you think it's some nefarious plot, so stay away. besides, they don't need facebook to do this sort of thing

you got a drivers license, you are in the system.

you got a passport, you are in the system

office ID card, in the system

so on and so forth

they dont NEED facebook for facial recognition. they already got us if it's the case

nice bit of doom and gloom there for all you already paranoid enough...time to go get plastic surgery to fix that!

and on a side note, i believe people born/coming to age in 1980 to early to mid 1990s are going to be the ones who fight against this sort of thing,(because we saw and lived thru the first bit of "modern"? rush of technology and info sharing) and we need to take it upon ourselves to inform those after and before us to be weary of this sort of things. so many kids are just adding apps like none other when you give them full permission to do whatever with their info that you want.

looking back, maybe that's what you were trying to do...

[edit on 10/31/2009 by iamsupermanv2]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
i'm just as paranoid as the next person....but what is anyone going to do about this?

these types of facebook apps are used by 4 types of people: teenagers, lonely housewifes, people trying to be cool with their friends, and college kids.

and a few of those overlap.

[edit on 10/31/2009 by iamsupermanv2]

I think you hit upon something there. Most adults are already in the system to perform a facial profile on, but who is missing from their database? People who are too young to drive. This now makes perfect sense.

It is in their best interests to acquire as many people in their system as possible.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
oh noes, this is not good. the other day my mom showed me a pic of they guy that got caught in boston for some terror plot and he looked a lot like me
i don't want to shave!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xman_in_blackx

but most of these people WILL get put in the system come the time they turn 16.

and really until that point, no one even starts to care what you think.

and like teenagers are going to organize a revolution in america...they are too lazy. and im just 3 years removed from teenager-ism.

i feel the need to respond to this to separate myself from those who think that this is some nefarious plot. i honestly think its just some app. it doesn't matter. i'm not trying to throw hate, i simply disagree.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
reply to post by xman_in_blackx

i'm not trying to throw hate, i simply disagree.

And that's fine. As someone who comes from an IT background. The more data you have, the better. If you are datamining, you need as much information as possible. One doesn't care if the children have negative or positive thoughts (good or bad citizen) only that they are related to an individual and it would help to track their parents or family members.

Simple as that. Your disagreement with the concept has no influence on its reality.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by xman_in_blackx]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join