It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

exorcism-exporting horror

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Please read www.huffingtonpost.com...
Can one take Exodus 22:18 literally?
People spread this nonsence, but when it goes wrong and 200-300 kids in Africa have acid poured down their throaghts, or are buried alive as "wizards and witches", then the holy brigade withdraws to US, Ca.
Sure, go to Africa and say: "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live". Dear missionary: the blood is on your hands.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This topic is really big and hurting children! Alternative website www.guardian.co.uk...
Although one can search exorcism +nigerian children, I will repeat: www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I clicked the link and ended up at an article about the demise of the Yankee Republican. Oh, well. I have read about these terrible attrocities where the weakest among families are being tortured and killed, because misfortune has befallen a family and a local "christian" preacher determines a child is a witch and the cause of all the ills of that family or village. This is totally unchristian, at least to my, maybe twisted ideas, of what Jesus spoke about. When a man was possessed by demons, Jesus didn't torture or kill the inflicted man, instead he ordered the demons out. No acid, etc., needed. I can't remember how the rest of the story went. I recall it had something to do with pigs.
Yikes! The evil pigs!

I read an article somewhere, a few days ago. It was reported that 10,000 children are being sheltered from their families because they were all charged with being witches and were facing torture and death. Truly appalling. Yet, Africa isn't called "The Dark Continent" just for fun. It truly remains dark in spirit, and some "christians" are continuing this darkness for profit.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

sorry about abortive links, I'll try one more time: African Children Denounced As "Witches" By Christian Pastors www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

OK - everything works now. Please see the above (not initial) links.
I was told again today by reborn believers about exorcisms where people lifted off the ground and flew across the room. I've seen mass exorcisms myself and all I see is mass hypnosis and pschological problems. Yet, especially with the oija board I believe it can still happen.
I think the US should consider some of the harm of the missionaries it allows globally, and a percentage of all tax-free tithe money should be used to rehabilitate victims of harmful US ministries.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I read an article somewhere, a few days ago. It was reported that 10,000 children are being sheltered from their families because they were all charged with being witches and were facing torture and death. Truly appalling. Yet, Africa isn't called "The Dark Continent" just for fun. It truly remains dark in spirit, and some "christians" are continuing this darkness for profit.

So Western missionaries can come and spread their venom, and when they go we must just say: "Oh well, that's Africa".
No my friend, that is not "Africa", that is US Christian groups interfering. That is George W Bush's PEPFAR Plan interfering with proven public health pro-condom policy! That is US fundamentalism that causes gay men in Uganda to be imprisoned.
Don't wash your hands of the trouble you cause because it now hurts "children".

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

It's shocking enough that supposed followers of Christ did this in the past. Usually this is associated with Catholics and the Inquisition. What is less mentioned is that Luther advocated similar pogroms, and Calvin apparently burnt so many people in Geneva that the town was covered in human fat. And let's not forget the Salem witch trials. However, nowadays the very non-demoninational denominations (forgive the oxymoron) are allowing this to happen in Africa, and when they have caused these horrors with their "literal" KJV interpretations they just wash their hands and disappear! They have no right to talk about the scandals of other churches. In Uganda they are encouraging the burning of condoms, and the jailing of gay people. Stop the witch-hunt, or try it in your own back yard!
No wonder Islam will dominate huge parts of Nigeria and other countries in that region, because it must seem like a liberation from money-grabbing evangelical superstitition.

new topics

top topics

join