It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Symbols" in Tycho Crater - I kid you not!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacecase7717
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

ED are you saying your wife looks like a rock
I bet she wouldn't appreciate that very much

She got a big kick out of it especially since we have a photo of her on the refrigerator door that resembles the lobby image. I never step on it!

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I found another photo that shows the indicated area (center peak with symbols) devoid of the symbols but now sporting what looks like a hexagonal "wheel."

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

That looks like the handle on my hose bib that I turn the front water on with. Or maybe a large machine flywheel.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

That looks like the handle on my hose bib that I turn the front water on with. Or maybe a large machine flywheel.

What you said in your first sentence immediately gave me a mental picture and I scrolled up to look at the photo and, sure enough, good description!
i.ehow.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed

Originally posted by spacecase7717
reply to post by groingrinder

Thats the edge of the crater. That picture is from the 60's. Here is a more recent picture from the JAXA if I did it right

Now, that's interesting! There's been some renovation! I saved your photo and magnifying the "symbols" area, the mountainside looks concave as if the "symbols" had been removed!

What do you think happened here? I'm at a loss for words 'cause the NASA image I posted is a good one and not a blurry or pixelated beyond use 'cause it was taken with emulsion film. I wonder what a poster-size print of it would show in higher resolution!

Thanks for posting that photo it's a mind opener!

I would have posted that if he hadn't, yes it's an eye opener.

What happened is two things: The resolution is higher from JAXA and the sun is at a different angle, so are the shadows. Take a lower resolution picture again today with the sun at the original angle and you would probably get the old picture again, I doubt it's changed much since then.

By the way you don't seem that skeptical, have you ever considered going by "Ed" instead of "Skeptical Ed?"
But I give you credit for recognizing the value of what spacecase7717 posted, that says good things about you.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I don't know any experts and there isn't a single lunar "anomaly" that can be taken seriously. My post was for fun only and to show that no one posting lunar "anomalies" has pointed out clear things out like these "symbols" that are symmetrical.

So your just posting to "kill" time?

Why not get a job and be a productive citizen
I mean seriously we already have enough hoaxsters on ATS and I don't think we need more....

Hopefully your a new member so I can take it easy on you but with definitive comments such as "there isn't a single anomaly that can be taken seriously" I am not so sure.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
What are they symbols of?
Is this an existing language or symbol?

Here is a symbol of my thoughts in respect
to finding rocks and kidding me not that it
IS a symbol.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
snip
By the way you don't seem that skeptical, have you ever considered going by "Ed" instead of "Skeptical Ed?"
But I give you credit for recognizing the value of what spacecase7717 posted, that says good things about you.
[edit on 1-11-2009 by Arbitrageur]

Well, I am a natural skeptic in that I don't have a belief system. I'm at a point in life that I either know or I don't know but I've never believed especially from the '60s on when I became a hypnotist which led me to study the mind and what causes belief systems.

I have registered on ATS under another name and every day I think "I won't post or reply on ATS as Skeptical Ed any more." But then I see someone making a comment to my comment or thread and I have to reply as SE. Perhaps I'll drop it tonight!

Using Skeptical Ed people automatically assume I'm a close-minded person. I am in a way when it comes to accepting other than humans in creation and aliens interacting with humans. But it's only because of the lack of evidence acceptable to me. I have high standards and it's got to be irrefutable evidence. Hearsay just won't do it. That's my skeptical side. I've had 6 solid UFO sightings so no one can accuse me of being a UFO skeptic.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
snip
What happened is two things: The resolution is higher from JAXA and the sun is at a different angle, so are the shadows. Take a lower resolution picture again today with the sun at the original angle and you would probably get the old picture again, I doubt it's changed much since then.

I don't know what to think about the obvious change to the landscape. The original Lunar Orbiter photo is considered high resolution and visible details confirm this. Even with the photo's high contrast. The "symbols" are casting shadows. Their shape is definite. The "V" looks like it's really carved in the surface. The new photo, as I said, now has an unusual concave surface and that "knob" appearance is definitely strange.

When things like this happen, I wonder what a real poster-size photo from NASA would show. There couldn't be that much difference. Unfortunately, I've done a serious search on google images and there are just not that many other photos of the crater. They're either from telescopes which provide no detail or they're the same photo I posted but with less detail or the JAXA.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Well, from what I've been seeing from "up there" while at work, imagining that I'm flying over the Moon, that doesn't look like a V to me.

It actually looks like a person standing and the shadow that the person produces. What it's actually creepy after I realized it. lol

Since it is really big... Some type of statue? I don't know.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
You want really clear symbols?

Go to chile, rent a plane and fly over the nasca lines! Yes they are beutiful and clear as clear can be yet skeptical debunkers always find a convienent excuse to hide anything of extra-terrestial origin.

How the hell would it be possible for humans to draw such a complex assortment of geometrically accurrate lines and figures that stretch miles upon miles and most importantly for what purpose?

Then you expect our so-called experts to take lunar anomalies serious?

I'm very aware of the Nazca glyphs. You can accept the prosaic explanation that a Nazca culture created them or you can believe that they are the creation of "extraterrestrials." For some reason, some humans prefer to believe that humans are stupid and talentless despite our technological wonders. There is nothing complicated about the Nazca glyphs regardless of what von Daniken and his supporters would like you to believe. Keep your eye out for the next showing of documentaries where they are explained but stay away from the "documentaries" that claim ets.

I don't know any experts and there isn't a single lunar "anomaly" that can be taken seriously. My post was for fun only and to show that no one posting lunar "anomalies" has pointed out clear things out like these "symbols" that are symmetrical.

"There is nothing complicated about the Nazca glyphs"

Just wanted to make sure you actually said that, anyway regardess of the complication involved, the real question is why would anyone construct something such as the Nazca lines, which can only be appreciated from the air, when of course conventional history tels us no-one had the capability, any theories on that one?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
So is "symbols" the new terminology for "shadows" these days?
I really don't see it.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm a bit curious like Groingrinder,
The centre of the crater is not as interesting as the right side "edge" of the crater which is so very smooth and archlike. At the bottom right there even appears to be something casting a shadow through, and as if under the "Arch"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join