It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Symbols" in Tycho Crater - I kid you not!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
More fun with Skeptical Ed!

By now most of you know that I speak my mind when it comes to posts where lunar photos are featured with claims that said photos hold what the claimant sees as alien artifacts and/or structures. I always criticize the photos because not one of the offered photos is a high-resolution photo which would dispel any thought of error on what is observed. One has to see through the "fog" of blurriness or over-pixelation which results only in disappointment.

I recently posted a thread pointing to what looks like a "sycle" in a crater and those seeing the NASA photo had no trouble in seeing the illusion.

Here again is one of my findings in a NASA lunar photo which shows, clearly, what could be termed anomalous images. The photo is of Tycho crater and can be seen to best advantage in the February 1969 issue of NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC, page 234. I took a digital photo and you can see it and a closeup below. Not in the highest resolution of my original photo but I reproduce it in lower-resolution 'cause I don't know how big a photo can be posted on this forum, although the resolution I used seems to do the job.

The first photo is an overall view and you can see my yelllow "sticky" with my drawn version of what's seen "leaning" against the center peak of the crater. Not only are the "symbols" visible but they seem to be throwing shadows making them stand out from the peak's slope. The center peak is 7,000 feet high so if these 2 things are really there, they are huge.

Additionally, and this is best seen in the magazine's photo or if you get a print from NASA, there's a perfect Roman V (with seriffs) right at the base of the "symbols."

Tycho crater photo from Lunar Orbiter V.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6db4a165e592.jpg[/atsimg]

Closeup of the central peak with what look like 2 "symbols"
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/45acf47468f3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Wow. Ya know I gotta say that sure looks like a coincidence to me. ya knowif you stroll through Bryce canyon Utah. you can make faces outta the stone figures.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Some people really see what they wan't to see.. O_o

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
personally i just see a lot of rocks that probably ploomed up when whatever hit

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I clearly see what you are saying, they also look like they are sitting inside of a triangle

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
You want really clear symbols?

Go to chile, rent a plane and fly over the nasca lines! Yes they are beutiful and clear as clear can be yet skeptical debunkers always find a convienent excuse to hide anything of extra-terrestial origin.

How the hell would it be possible for humans to draw such a complex assortment of geometrically accurrate lines and figures that stretch miles upon miles and most importantly for what purpose?

Then you expect our so-called experts to take lunar anomalies serious?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I watched a show on history or discover channels a couple of years ago. An engineer tried to recreate one of the symbols at Nazca, and he failed miserably. And he used much more modern types of equipment than is thought to be available to the creators of the Nazca lines.

As for this V on the moon, well, it certainly didn't jump out at me and still, after it was called to my attention, I fail to see it as anything other than just a natural occurance. But, hey. I am no expert.

I enjoy this sort of stuff, though.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I just searched up on some recent pictures of Tycho and the symbols in the OP's pictures are just shadow tricks. Good fine anyway
I will try to post a recent JAXA picture if I can figure out how. I have only done it once n

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
What is that smooth shiny object on the rh side? A spaceship?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
You want really clear symbols?

Go to chile, rent a plane and fly over the nasca lines! Yes they are beutiful and clear as clear can be yet skeptical debunkers always find a convienent excuse to hide anything of extra-terrestial origin.

How the hell would it be possible for humans to draw such a complex assortment of geometrically accurrate lines and figures that stretch miles upon miles and most importantly for what purpose?

Then you expect our so-called experts to take lunar anomalies serious?

I'm very aware of the Nazca glyphs. You can accept the prosaic explanation that a Nazca culture created them or you can believe that they are the creation of "extraterrestrials." For some reason, some humans prefer to believe that humans are stupid and talentless despite our technological wonders. There is nothing complicated about the Nazca glyphs regardless of what von Daniken and his supporters would like you to believe. Keep your eye out for the next showing of documentaries where they are explained but stay away from the "documentaries" that claim ets.

I don't know any experts and there isn't a single lunar "anomaly" that can be taken seriously. My post was for fun only and to show that no one posting lunar "anomalies" has pointed out clear things out like these "symbols" that are symmetrical.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
ummm, cant think of the word......

what is it when your trying to get something thats up high and cant find a ladder???

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
What about that perfectly straight line? The one to the left of the symbols.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I always enjoy these types of threads but, I have to say I have never seen anything in one that
resembles anything. Then again I have never seen faces or shapes in cloud formations either.
Interesting stuff though, thanks for the post

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Thats the edge of the crater. That picture is from the 60's. Here is a more recent picture from the JAXA if I did it right

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3854fe588e49.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
What about that perfectly straight line? The one to the left of the symbols.

That's courtesy of NASA. In some NASA photos you can see that they are montages. In "my" photo you don't see them 'cause I cropped the first, overall photo to the edges of the crater. But if you had the magazine photo you can find similar lines in other parts of the photo 'cause it was made from film strips by Lunar Orbiter V. It's LO-V-125-M.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Candycab
I always enjoy these types of threads but, I have to say I have never seen anything in one that
resembles anything. Then again I have never seen faces or shapes in cloud formations either.
Interesting stuff though, thanks for the post

I don't want to take up bandwidth by posting off topic photos but I can tell you that the marble lobby in my apartment building is a literal "art gallery." You can see a guy in a bunny suit and I took a photo of a real guy in a bunny suit for comparison. There are faces, a jaguar's face, wave surfers and, believe it or not, one marble square has a face that resembles my wife! Pareidolia is a great game to play! Every time you see Jesus on toast, or the virgin Mary, or any realistic looking image such as the Old Man In The Mountain in New Hampshire, it's pareidolia.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy
ummm, cant think of the word......

what is it when your trying to get something thats up high and cant find a ladder???

Out of reach?

Or were you baiting me?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

ED are you saying your wife looks like a rock
I bet she wouldn't appreciate that very much

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacecase7717
reply to post by groingrinder

Thats the edge of the crater. That picture is from the 60's. Here is a more recent picture from the JAXA if I did it right

Now, that's interesting! There's been some renovation! I saved your photo and magnifying the "symbols" area, the mountainside looks concave as if the "symbols" had been removed!

What do you think happened here? I'm at a loss for words 'cause the NASA image I posted is a good one and not a blurry or pixelated beyond use 'cause it was taken with emulsion film. I wonder what a poster-size print of it would show in higher resolution!

Thanks for posting that photo it's a mind opener!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Those three letters?

Obviously a fraternity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join