It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam4UK March for sharia CANCELLED.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Well, this did shock me. I was looking forward to seeing how the media would portray this march to the people and obviously who would turn up and who would stand against it. As i was speaking to a friend tonight i checked up on their website while explaining what they where marching for and BOOM! they said its cancelled. The reason?

Unfortunately, in the run up to the planned event, it had also become apparent that certain right-wing/anti-Islamic organisations had become intent on preventing the march from going ahead, using threats of physical violence, including bomb and death threats to any member of the Muslim community who happened to attend the march.
Islam4UK

The EDL still look set for their Demo in Leeds tomorrow and no doubt they will be confronted by the UAF - So their is still something for the media to play with.

Your thoughts on the current events? Would it be wise for the EDL to abandon their demo in Leeds? Do you think that the threats of violence is the real reason Islam4UK cancelled their event, or was their another power telling them to delay it? Just seems strange that after such a build up they Cancel and don’t set another date for the event.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I don't think the EDL will counter much resistance in Leeds.

Birmingham, Manchester, London - Multicultural cities

Leeds - predominantly white city apart from Chapeltown

And we all know Leeds United fans love the odd bit of racism.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Oh I see, so bombs and violence are only acceptable when they're not on the receiving end of it eh. It's funny how that works, isn't it?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm from leeds and i am a mighty whites fan but i'm not racist
Whereever the EDL demo, the UAF will follow and i think it might be getting to the point now where people will TRAVEL to these demos. I'm staying well away from the city center tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Cancelled and quite rightly so in my eyes.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Such a march shouldn't be allow anyway. "Islam4UK March for sharia" is incendiary at best... and should be treated as such! What is it that they are really saying? UK Islamic State? I wonder if we could go to Saudi and march for Christianity? Hmmm... can't see that going down! Western society is being taken down from within by bleeding hearts, Pinko PC'ers and minority groups who want to give these people the power to divide our societies.

IRM

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
But does no one think its strange that these people, who take their religion to the extreme, suddenly decide that it would be best to just not march? These people who for a while now, have preached openly of how the UK will bow to Islam whether they like it or not, whether they have to use persuasion or force to bring it about, just turn around and say "We quit. We are again happy to live under the current law"

Am i reading to much into it? I just think its insanely strange.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I thought the march was rather strange in the first place given the levels of support this group normally receives.. 10-20 protestors, so the idea they could come up with 5,000 marchers appeared to me to be a load of b*llocks.

I think it was a publicity stunt to get one the front page of the media, especially given the material posted on the islam4uk website on how sharia would work in the UK, all the unislamic books that would need to recyled, the statues that would need to be destroyed, the crown jewls being melted, the queen forced behind a veil, it just gave the appearence to me that they were digging themselves into a very deep hole.

The question is why... and I don't have a clue as to what the answer could be.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CRB86
I don't think the EDL will counter much resistance in Leeds.

Birmingham, Manchester, London - Multicultural cities

Leeds - predominantly white city apart from Chapeltown

And we all know Leeds United fans love the odd bit of racism.

Now that is uncalled for i am a Leeds fan and i am not racist do not paint everybody with the same brush

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
But does no one think its strange that these people, who take their religion to the extreme, suddenly decide that it would be best to just not march? These people who for a while now, have preached openly of how the UK will bow to Islam whether they like it or not, whether they have to use persuasion or force to bring it about, just turn around and say "We quit. We are again happy to live under the current law"

Am i reading to much into it? I just think its insanely strange.

Muslims are pretty smart when it comes to pushing their religion. They know when to push and when to pull back, and they know that pushing only works when they have the numbers to do it. No one is going to pay attention to a small crowd crying for a strict form of religious law and those who want it know that they'd just look silly doing it. But get ten thousand people together screaming for a strict form a religious law and things suddenly get taken a bit more seriously.

They know how to use the media and propoganda, far better than most of the other religious groups I've seen, be wary.

It's going to be interesting when the Islamic tidal wave hits the US shores in full force. Conservative christians in mass versus Islam? Should be incredibly ridiculous.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by FearisPrimative]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm all for freedom of speech, even if the Muslims are not, so I would allow the demonstration.

www.youtube.com...

What I would not allow, and see absolutely no sense in having, are Muslims settling in Britain or intruding into any part of Europe to start with. You should all be kicked out, and without delay, thank you very much.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Tussilago]

new topics

top topics

join