It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Geographic BEST pictures for the year. 2009

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
fourwinds10.com...

Thought I would wrap the week with some nature pics. My favorite is the Bear and Cub.

Hope you all enjoy.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
That is absolutely stunning - thanks for posting those - I would never have seen them otherwise! Does anyone know if there are similar sets of photographs from previous years?

John

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
S&F!!!!!

Those are simply beautiful! It's hard to pic a favorite, but I will go with the aurora...with the zebras 2nd.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
What a wonderful world.
That is the thing people are forgetting : just being amazed by the beauty of the world, without looking for anything else than mere eye pleasure.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Nice find, S&F for you my friend!

Its good seeing beautiful pictures of the world amidst all the doom and gloom that our species has caused.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Here's a vid of the best pics including the ones already shown plus more

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Thanks for posting a link to these wonderful pictures, I now have the volcano picture as my wallpaper.
All of those pictures were simply astounding and enjoyable to look at, thanks again.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Broonie

Broonie, thanks for the vid these pics are awesome.

As to your signature, the greatest mind is happy when it ceases thinking to simply be.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritwomyn
reply to post by Broonie

Broonie, thanks for the vid these pics are awesome.

As to your signature, the greatest mind is happy when it ceases thinking to simply be.

Your welcome

As for my signature its a quote by A A Milne but i agree with what you say

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Awesome fotos ... how the hell do these guys capture these. I do a bit of photography myself but nothing compared to these shots.

Quite incredible.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The opportunities to find these places and events is out there....just a matter of how much you expose yourself to them.

Glad you all enjoyed.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
THANK YOU !!!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
thanks for posting.

i wish they were higher resolutions.

edit: and if they had some details on the pics too, that would have been nice. like where they were taken, time, and other general info.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by deadlysponge]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
after seeing images like these, im constantly asking myself, what would the world eb like without humans?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Great pics as always

I hope the 'Assosiation' with National Geographic isn't a binding one though or else all hope is lost for the language as we used to know it.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
S&F!!!!!!
Those were absolutely stunning! Beautiful! LITERALLY breath-taking! Favorite impossible! THANK YOU

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Those pics are nice!

That little bear is probably going, "Maaaaaaa, you didn't brush your teeth this morning!"

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Really fantastic pictures! I'd have to say the zebras were my favorite. It took some looking to figure it out. Thanks for posting!

And I loved te video, too, Broonie! I want to get a picture of my dog similar to the lion pic in that video.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
WOW. The world is truely an amazing place. When we take the time to look around it can be breath taking. Thanks you for sharing I enjoyed it very much.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
these pictures are great no question,
apart from whats wrong with them.
it would be better if they were real, everyone of those pics has been inhanced or touched up, or faked.
nature is beautiful enough why mess with it?
but i guess we have been doing that for ever so hey.
a good photo needs nothing, and i guess none of pics shown needed anything dome to them

we are even touching up nature shots now to make them look better, man there is something wrong there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join