It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible that we are all wrong?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The thought is what if we are all brainwashed by aliens? What if the Earth is just a dumping ground or prison planet for people from other planetary systems that deem as a threat to their home planet? This could explain the world as it is today. Look at all these crimes, mis-behavings, corruptions, etc... What if everything we learned is wrong and there is some source (some aliens?) working behind the scenes brainwashing us all and trying to keep us on Earth forever locked from the real truth?
I think about this every day, just trying to really figure out what is going in this world and where do humans really come from.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This is like my post about, did the world exist before we where born. No one can answer it, as no one knows.

But your thread is as good as any other.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
No one can answer it, as no one knows.

Maybe some day, just maybe...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
y'all are all wrong, liquidsmoke is never wrong.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
possible, but i doubt it. if so it would have been much easier to just kill us. unless maybe were some form of entertainment! they put us here to screw up and were there reality tv... hmmm

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

I hope your not being serious in referring to yourself in third person... Anyways... that's an interesting theory that i've never thought of. Something big is being kept from us and I feel like were all becoming more and more spiritually aware.. Even people I talk to that don't come on these sites are talking about how they feel the world is going to change as we know it... pretty wild stuff to think about.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

did the world exist before we where born. No one can answer it, as no one knows.

What about the people who existed before you and are still alive?

What about the journals people left behind from eons ago? If that isn't considered enough evidence and is deemed to potentially be a lie purportrated (by a higher power?), then why cannot your own perception of the world today also be falsely represented as well? Shall we just work on these kinds of premises, and assume nothing can be answered, or do we just work on a logical and scientific basis and see where things go? If accounts of other people's existences aren't good enough for you, then why should your own account be good enough for anyone else going by your own set premise?!

The earth hasn't needed humans around for it to exist. To think so would be one of the most arrogant of thoughts.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomfighter19

Oh no...I'm fo real...liquid knows it all..its not that hard....are you..... I mean really?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
What if we all know this already and your just one of the people who haven't been let in on the secret yet?

[edit on 31-10-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
What if we all know this already and your just one of the people who haven't been let in on the secret yet?

[edit on 31-10-2009 by VitalOverdose]

Interesting reply.
Since this is the best conspiracy forum on the planet, that might be expected.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Well you can have in two ways. Either there where just created for your life and them too only exist because of you. Or everything happens at same time, and nothing really existed before we where born.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by john124

Well you can have in two ways. Either there where just created for your life and them too only exist because of you. Or everything happens at same time, and nothing really existed before we where born.

Philosophy to the max.

To be honest, I think this would remain unanswered.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

did you come to this conclusion after reading the book "interview with an alien"? or from scientology? seems almost exactly what the "alien" from the book name Aryl was telling the "nurse" who just happened to be the only one who could communicate "telepathically" with said alien from the crashed debris at the roswell site...just wondering if this is your influence

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

What if i said that all this is a test, what if i said that our daily lives are obstacles purposely put in our paths, what if i said that everything you encounter on a day to day basis is all a test of the mind.

I could say a lot of things, or nothing at all.

The point being, this is why sites like these exist, is life the biggest conspiracy of all? There are a lot of unanswered questions, this is why people like you and i have to take the time to find out.

Goodluck in your research and findings my friend.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Interesting topic.

But, as astounding as the philosophy of nihilism is, it has more dead ends than all the Abrahamic texts combined. Nothing is real - nothing can be answered because we all base ourselves at 'reality'...

actually, an interesting thing to note here...

in Buddhism there are two levels of reality - the relative truth and the ultimate truth - the relative truth deals with our liking, disliking or indifference towards objects, and the ultimate truth deals with things as they are (or, as far as we can perceive them...). This is somewhat hard to explain so please bear with me for the next little while

To me, the smell of frankincense, for example, brings back fond memories of childhood, playing and having fun in a cottage. The relative truth here represents that moment in time whenever I smell frankincense. The ultimate truth of the smell of frankincense is it's aroma, how it came to be an aroma (through lighting a stick of incense), why it smells (chemical composition) and why it effects me in such a profound way (neuro-chemical signals from whatever region of the brain that control memories). There is a lot more to an ultimate truth always that cannot be perceived by mortal eyes - somethings are too fast or too slow for us to pick up on, such as grass growing. We could sit there and literally watch grass grow for a few months, but the change is so gradual even if we stared at it the whole time we would not notice any real change, until we are shown a fast-motion video of it, when we realize how astounding it is.

It seems kind of off-topic i suppose but now think about this - what else can't we perceive? If things are too fast or too slow for us to perceive, what else do we miss? we cannot see a lot of things like, x-rays and microwaves, we can only see light rays... and if we could see gravitational waves, we would have known what Einstein knew eons ago!

The only way to know the truth is to think outside the boundaries of human perception - not a small feat by any means, so I think you're perfectly right in saying we know nothing at all...

however to think aliens are involved may be a little too far fetched for me.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisd250

did you come to this conclusion after reading the book "interview with an alien"? or from scientology? seems almost exactly what the "alien" from the book name Aryl was telling the "nurse" who just happened to be the only one who could communicate "telepathically" with said alien from the crashed debris at the roswell site...just wondering if this is your influence

Yes, I read the book a while ago and the book made me think non-stop ever since then.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I don't know bout alien's being the culprit, but one thing you can be assured of is that we are continuously being lied to. From the best of my understanding it is throgh the hands of people, not some exterior force.

We are bombarded with lies from thr media, schools, politicians,pastors, et cetera.It is unceasing.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Is consciousness real, or a figment of our imagination?
If one can contemplate their own existance, do they exist?
One might be aware of a larger dynamic, aware of the world they live in, even the universe, but what does that awareness prove if we can do nothing with it but claim that we are aware?
What's the point?
Are we asking the wrong questions?
Is it a given that human beings are aware other intricacies, such as feelings of love and empathy?
What does this awareness bring us?

Is our awareness supposed to make us grow and evolve, and aren't all the rules of human society are set in opposition of evolution?
Isn't evolution not just genetic, but spiritual, mental, and technological?

When the human being is laid prostrate to the world they live in and kept from their potential, do they become lost and mindless?

The greatest and most basic awareness that humans KEEP FORGETTING is that we are all human.

[edit on 11/1/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Hi, sphinx551.

I don't remember if it is with you, that we joked about
you "having to much time on your hands" ? B-)

But. . . to get a partial and **very good** answer to your question(s),
"put" some time in the first 2 lines of my signature. . . B-)

Blue skies.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

i, too have recently read this book. although it did make me think, it also does seen possible if not probable that she picked up on topics like these which are readilly available and made a story out of those stories. although it may be the truth, we just dont know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join