It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weapons maker funds new school curriculum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Weapons maker funds new school curriculum

www.abc.net.au

An Adelaide public school has come under fire for reaching a deal with the world's largest manufacturer of guided missiles to fund a new curriculum.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
At first I thought ah well, at least they're trying to help younger people, but naturally the curriculum is maths and science to promote children into engineering. Raytheon get some feel good PR and also some new recruits.

Then the thought of education being sponsored and ultimately influenced by corporate entities, especially ones that make a living from death and destruction is abhorrent. What's next, Fuel giants running environmental science classes?

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

I can only imagine the curriculum:

1st Period: Recite the Pledge of Allegiance -10 times...followed by a group discussion on Genocide

2nd Period: History - or How To Re-Write History via War

3rd Period: Applied Physics - How to Manipulate Your Surroundings at Home and Abroad

4th Period: War Room 101

Lunch: The entire food pyramid followed by Blind Dodge Ball

5th Period: Plasma - And How to Use it Against the Neighborhood Bully.

6th Period: Might Makes Right and How to Convince your Parents you Know Better

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

What an insane intrusion into education.

I wonder if they provide financial aid?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Sheesh, you'd expect a weapons maker to provide educational funds for the musical arts or something.

At first I thought ah well, at least they're trying to help younger people, but naturally the curriculum is maths and science to promote children into engineering.

HOLY # THAT IS EVIL SCIENCE RIGHT THERE.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Wait a minute now... These are the guys that just build the weapons.... It's your government that deploys and murders with those weapons and that very government is educating our kids by the millions...

The NEA is the real terrorists as they are brain washing our kids into thinking the government is their savior.... Sometimes you people with your logic really crack me up here....

This may very well be immoral but what the government does with those weapons is just fine with you?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by northof8
Wait a minute now... These are the guys that just build the weapons.... It's your government that deploys and murders with those weapons and that very government is educating our kids by the millions...

The NEA is the real terrorists as they are brain washing our kids into thinking the government is their savior.... Sometimes you people with your logic really crack me up here....

This may very well be immoral but what the government does with those weapons is just fine with you?

To my knowledge the DoD force has no say over the curriculum at all. Quite frankly I don't want to see that start, and I don't want to see kids getting funnelled in weapons engineering before they even leave high school by proxy either.

Some countries don't have the military focus your country does, and maybe instead of misguided sarcasm you should worry about it more.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I do see a conflict here. On the one hand, you have short-term gain for the students, but when they find out what the people do that gave it to them, how will their aspirations change? What kind of light will they see this industry in?

new topics

top topics

join