It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart provides evidence that the news-networks are anything but..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Notice I said "news networks" in my thread title, and not "Fox News". This was by-design as the stuff Jon Stewart points out in this segment can be applied to certain personalities on CNN & MSNBC. However, in defense of the other networks, Fox is by far the most egregious offender.

The crux of Stewart's argument is that while Fox states that they are a legitimate news network and Obama is reacting to their "news commentators", the reality of Fox tells a completely different story. Even after weeding-out the harpies and looking at what Fox considers their "hard news reporters", there is still a significant amount of political commentary, and this commentary is of a type that you simply will *not* find on CNN.

On to the video:

Link

[edit on 30-10-2009 by shrike071]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by shrike071

"... it's a perpetual revulsion machine..."

Perfect.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
SiGH~ Its a shame for America that they must rely on a comedian for truthful non partisan investigative reporting....
A comedy show that appears to be the only to air programe interested in investigative reporting minus the corporate branding advertorials.

Thanks Zeus for Jon Stewart

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I saw this last night and continue to love the way that Stewart and staff can actually make a strong case about a topic by just explaining how outlandish it is.

I don't care if the report is about FOX or CNBC, they do a better job of pointing out the hypocrisy that is on cable than anyone else. Quite frankly, a lot of the stories that they feature are not even funny; just true and ridiculous.

Well done, I say.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
News in america is just about entertainment nowadays, i am not sure how long that has been, but since i have the net since around 98 in uk, i have noticed it.

Why does this bother you about fox, all are just as bad. you can go through all of them, and they are equally as bad.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Screw em all!!! On one side you have propagandists and apologists for Bush and the Republicans and on the other side you have propagandists and apologists for Obama and the Democrats. NONE OF IT IS NEWS. B.O.H.I.C.A. AMERICA Would you like some vaseline with that?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
News in america is just about entertainment nowadays, i am not sure how long that has been, but since i have the net since around 98 in uk, i have noticed it.

Why does this bother you about fox, all are just as bad. you can go through all of them, and they are equally as bad.

The point being made is important because so many people DO believe that everything they hear or see is the truth. And not question the source even when you pull the curtain back and prove to them that it's all hogwash.

And like the OP states, FOX is just the most blatant and unapologetic of the bunch. At least MSNBC's full name is "the place for politics". You turn on MSNBC, you'll probably hear about politics. Turn on FOX News, I would expect "news".

top topics

join