It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Rejects UN Nuclear Deal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Iran only rejected a portion of the deal. Not the whole deal. They have some changes they would like to make and im sure those were expected by those who drafted the plan in the first place. Its give and take. MUCH more negotiation to follow.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
What? "Iran rejected a portion of the deal" Seems to me we're talking about a DEAL.
So, if Iran reneged on a portion of a deal, they rejected the deal.

Decoy

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by vBreezo
reply to post by Bcs8484

The word you are mis-using should be "there" which indicates a place. "Thier" is a misspelling of "their" which is a possessive pronoun.

It is really difficult to take your comments as credible when one does not know the difference between "their" and "there".

Sorry if you are offended but this is one of my pet peeves.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by vBreezo]

So instead of debating this person and taking THEIR comments as credible you chose to point out grammatical errors? I am seeing so many posts on this site by the "spelling police" that it makes me sick. My pet peeve is people that cannot argue or debate a post so they chose to attack the grammar and spelling of the post. Get over yourself already. I had no problem deciphering his post as I am sure most people here have a pretty good brain on them and could figure out wht the poster was meaning.
I hope I didn't make any spelling errors here or I am sure you will let me know straight away.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TSawyer
[

Why does everyone always think Iran is a baby and must provide details to the paranoid West in order to carry out their energy research within their OWN borders? I could start asking frivolous questions about Israel and America too. I'm pretty sure its their own... so uh I'm pretty sure they have a right to keep their uranium. Some of you come off as they don't even have a right to be sovereign! You're just begging for a war, aren't you?

"This is a case where Iran thinks they can do whatever the hell they want"

Iran CAN do whatever the hell it wants in its own borders and sovereignty, do you understand how communistic and hypocritical it is to think otherwise? Why MUST they bend to pressure from the West? Give them the benefit of the doubt... since there's NO proof they are NOT building peaceful nuclear energy. My gosh... you people get frustrated when sovereign countries say NO, I imagine you're one of those people who cry when your government bends to foreign powers... but deny the sovereignty of Iran.

"Perhaps it was mailed right after they started murdering protestors. "

Every government gets rid of dissents, America and Israel just does it sophisticated and covert ways. This bears no relevance to the topic, however. I feel sorry for those who died in the Iranian protests, as much as I feel sorry for the victims of the USS liberty. I guess you'll only use the misfortune of others to propel your politics.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what gets me, Why do we treat Iran and other 'not of the norm' countries like they're a 'Red-headed stepchild'?

They, like many other countries, have their own systems and beliefs. Just because it's not what we practice doesn't make them 'bad apples'. Now I do agree that whatever another society, group, culture or political regime does that directly interferes with another's lifestyle should be be addressed, right now Iran really isn't bothering anyone with trying to gain nuclear technology.

We treat them like a kid with their first book of matches. They are either going to burn their fingers or know what their use is responsibly. Instead we think 'Oh no, they got a book of matches, they're going to burn the town down!'.
If we are going to act like parents to these other countries, we need to let them explore on their own but as any good parents would do, just keep an eye on them and when they get into a jamb that they can't figure out how to get out of, then step in and help them out and show them how they got themselves into the mess and how to avoid it in the future. It's all part of growing up, be it a six year old child or a developing country.

We really put a 'double-standard' on Iran. Our buddy, Isreal, may have table manners and dress well, but are no more 'holier than tho' than we are(although we sure do act like it) or any other country as a matter of fact. We turn a blind eye on the things that Isreal does or better yet, what they don't do but yet, let some other country do the same thing and we go and 'Slap sparks off their head!'.

Definitely the 'Red-headed child Syndrome'..

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by nepafogo

I was responding to the subject at hand. Did I miss something?

I've read every post up to this one and I thought I understood what everybody had to say.

Was there a 'forign post' somewhere that I missed?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
We should bomb Iran's nuclear sites, just like we did Israel, India, North Korea, and Pakistan's. [sarcastic, but in a just world]. If people can't see what's wrong with this double-standard, I don't know if they can see anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join