It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing Footage Of A Mentally Challenged Man Forced To Drown By Police On Live T.V. (10/29/09)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Disturbing Footage Of A Mentally Challenged Man Forced To Drown By Police On Live T.V. (10/29/09)

www.liveleak.com

Bambalapitiya, INDIA: Mentally challenged man not allowed onshore by police who accuse him of throwing rocks and stones at them and vehicles passing by. He subsequently drowns as a result....All of it is captured on tape.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
this is murder..
the policemen should be charged with murder, im totaly shocked by how the police acted when confronted by what looks like a man trying to give himself up..
i see no reason why they could not have allowed him to come in and be arrested..
its all caught live no television and there has to be a national outcry over this horrifying film..

its murder..

www.liveleak.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I´m done with watching videos of people dying, and i did´t see it... but i gave you a S&F just to let this news spread and make a statement

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I am not going to watch this, but i take your word for it. Police everywhere seem to be like this, just the thugs desperate to destroy anyone they can.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Its difficult to entirely understand what is going on since the footage is not in English, but it is clear that they were beating him with sticks and causing him to back deeper into the big waves crashing on the shore. The behavior of the police is incredibly cruel considering the man is naked and entirely unarmed.

Edit: after re-viewing he does apparently have some sort of underwear/bottoms on. But this doesn't make their actions any more acceptable.

[edit on 30/10/09 by Morbo the Annihilator]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
tho i must say a pretty terrible editing job on the news stations part... it seems as if they intertwine 2 or 3 segments and loop it...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
tho i must say a pretty terrible editing job on the news stations part... it seems as if they intertwine 2 or 3 segments and loop it...

I did notice some looping as well. I wasn't sure if it was for emphasis or if it was done to embellish the story, but you're not alone in seeing it.

They also left out the part where he actually drowned. You see him before, then you see a body in the water. Whether this weas because it was determined to be too graphic, I'm not sure.

Are there any native speakers of the Indian dialect on this video? Can anyone translate what is said?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
know your rights.....

you have the right not to be killed.....

murder is a crime!!!

Unless of or course, its done by a police man...

or an aristocrat..

-The Clash

funny, that song just played randomly on my iTUNES not 30 min ago....

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Bambalapitiya is in Sri Lanka: the victim's name is Balawarnam Sivakumar.
One of the policemen involved has surrendered yesterday, according to the latest news that i've found.

Policeman involved in youth's drowning in Sri Lanka capital surrenders

ColomboPage News Desk, Sri Lanka.

Oct 30, Colombo: A policeman directly involved in an attack that led to the drowning of a youth in Bambalapitiya yesterday surrendered to the Bambalapitiya police this afternoon, the police said.
Reportedly the policeman attached to the Bambalapitiya Police was among a group of people who attacked the youth. The youth's body was washed ashore today.
Police spokesman Senior DIG Nimal Mediwaka said the policeman was not in uniform at the time and he has allegedly aided the attackers.
Colombo Crime Division is conducting investigations to apprehend the other culprits, the spokesman said.

www.colombopage.com...

Coverage from Daily Mirror

Yes, it's 100% murder, regardless what happened before: of course the video is disturbing, but if stuff like this helps to get some justice, then it's welcome, imo.
It caught my attention because something similar has just happened in Italy: basically a young drug dealer was arrested, and at the moment of the arrest he was healthy: no one knows how it has happened, but he died, while in custody . Eight days after his body was returned to his relatives with broken vertebras and other bones, an horrible injury in the area of an eye, marks of beatings everywhere. No one has yet been able to explain what happened to him, but the story that they were trying to tell is that the guy slipped and fell. Then, his relatives took some shocking decision: they published some photos of the body, (now they can be found all over in italian newspapers, but I won't post the link
).
While shocking, i think that their decision was the best possible to take, otherwise there weren't many chances to have some justice: now, after the scandal, there are some ongoing investigations for what we could roughly translate as "possible manslaughter" (litterally would be involontary murder), but let's say that it's less severe than some second degree murder: despite no one yet knows what happened, they are already assuming that no one has some straight fault, while the only thing actually sure is that it has been a murder.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

You're right that is murder plain and simple, and there should be a global outcry over what they did to that man. I hope they bring all who were part of this to trial for murder. That has got to be one of the most disturbing things i have ever seen. I can't believe someone would do that to another human being

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Not understanding Spanish, whose trying to hit this person with those sticks? Police? Not understanding what just happened but nice to see 'Dying' make it as a spectator sport these days seeing video games are so passe...........................(eye roll)

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
This video will be nothing as to what will be happening in the months to come........there will be executions like this all across the globe by those in power.....

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
the people need someone to stand up to the police around the world, things are out of hand

its like we are living in the stone age with all this recklessness and abuse of power

the worst part about it is we are all human, yet some humans treat others like less then even animals

i want to know wheres the peta for humans

if this was a animal these people would be dead by now

but their humans and nothing will happen

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I m feeling that the good ones are getting better and the bad ones are getting worse. The gap increase. Light versus Darkness.
Choose your destiny. (yeah i know mortal combat stole it from me !)

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by choche
I´m done with watching videos of people dying, and i did´t see it... but i gave you a S&F just to let this news spread and make a statement

What? You actually wanted to watch him die?? Sicko

Im a criminal justice major and when I see stuff like this it makes me think how neccessary it is to hire the right people, and hire only educated officers into the Criminal Justice field...

I mean what the hell... Why is he trying to hit the man over and over again, if he was a cop he should have got him up on the beach and handcuffed him. Let the Punishment fit the crime, ok so nobody was hurt or injured why would they kill the man?! India has a population of 1.0+ billion people, i hope atleast 50% of them are more intelligent than that. I mean seriously... Beating a man who is already practically drowning, thats wrong on atleast 10 levels.

No wonder so many of you hate the popo. I do assure you tho that there are many with good intent or rather i say JUST intent.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

India has progressed dramatically over the years in many different areas. I guess law enforcement (and hiring policies) isn't one of them. S&F i hopes of improving this area as well (as to spread the word).

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
This video will be nothing as to what will be happening in the months to come........there will be executions like this all across the globe by those in power.....

Yeah.....OK, and you think this why?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morbo the Annihilator
Its difficult to entirely understand what is going on since the footage is not in English, but it is clear that they were beating him with sticks and causing him to back deeper into the big waves crashing on the shore. The behavior of the police is incredibly cruel considering the man is naked and entirely unarmed.

Edit: after re-viewing he does apparently have some sort of underwear/bottoms on. But this doesn't make their actions any more acceptable.

[edit on 30/10/09 by Morbo the Annihilator]

thats disgusting

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingfanpaul

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

Yeah.....OK, and you think this why?

They probably are and always have done these things. The police are some of teh worst criminals society has to offer.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
i have just watched it, it dint disturb me and it certainly wundt distburb people as it dose not show him dieing, it shows in another clip that his body is flouting in the water, the police wernt pushing him back, he went back begging them to stop, he wundt compile to come back to shore so he went futher a field, thats how it looks, they were beating him with sticks because he wundt complie

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join