It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist, who heads WHO laboratory on influenza holds patent for bioengineered swine flu virus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The Information in this thread was brought forward ApollonianFunMachine in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
He joined ATS today. Both he and I agree, that this information deserves a thread on its own.

Posted by ApollonianFunMachine
what do you all think of this? I think these pages need to be preserved before they get spread far enough to be removed from view. Briefly, I will tell you how I came across this information, and some other startling revelations I stumbled onto afterwards. I was talking with a friend earlier about the patents issued for the swine flu viruses, and why I think the information on patents is the cornerstone for understanding why so many are deeply suspicious of the events surrounding this current "pandemic". He asked me what I knew about the patents and what information I could share, and I quickly did a search and found the usual info that is circulating regarding Baxter's and Novartis' patents. Somehow, in a roundabout way I then came upon a site entitle "patentstorm", did a search for swine flu, and came across the following: www.patentstorm.us... I've copied and pasted most of the rest of this document to the end of this email. Obviously, I was pretty stunned by what I was reading, and the timing of the application and publication. I'm not going to go into everything I've found because it's time-consuming, and because I feel that others might have much more experienced researchers, resources, and contacts than I do. I will briefly share one thing I've turned up in a very brief period of time. Luckily, this document contains the names of the researchers who've filed it, which I will include here. I decided to look some of them up to see if I could find anything out about their careers online. Here is that information: Inventors * Palese, Peter * Garcia-Sastre, Adolfo * Webby, Richard J. * Richt, Juergen A. * Webster, Robert G. * Lager, Kelly M. Assignees * THE UNITED STATED OF AMERICA AS REPRESENTED BY THE SECRETARY OF AGRICULTURE * St. Jude Children's Research Hospital * MOUNT SINAI SCHOOL OF MEDICINE OF NEW YORK UNIVERSITY Hopefully your team can take over from here if you deem any of this to be pertinent information. I will point out that I looked up Richard J. Webby, and found that he has worked for the WHO and St Jude. Here is a brief bio stating his responsibilities and mention that he has been travelling to Switzerland (home of Novartis) " twice a year to participate in vaccine strain selection meetings". The bio can be found here, and it dates to Feb 2008. Of particular interest are the last two paragraphs: www.stjude.org... Now the real reason I've found Webby interesting is his name also brought me to a previous article, which I believe Alex Jhas mentioned on the show. I will also post the link to that article and the brief excerpt THAT JUMPED OFF THE PAGE AT ME. The reason is the wording that was used --- "they created a PANDEMIC" etc. scitizen.com... suring-/ 11 Sep, 2006 Researchers from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, USA, have combined bird and human flu viruses in order to create a pandemic strain. They reported recently that the hybrid viruses are, at least for ferrets, relatively benign [1]. Richard Webby, virologist at the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, comments on these results for Scitizen. Why is it interesting to combine genes from human flu virus and the H5N1 bird flu strain? What scenario is being tested? One of the reasons why we don’t have a lot of human pandemics with these avian strains is that they don’t generally grow very well in humans or transmit between them. One way that we know that these avian viruses can adapt to humans is by getting together with a human virus and mixing gene segments. If we look back at the last 2 human pandemics, the 1967 Asian Flu and the 1968 Hong Kong Flu, those those viruses

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Drunkenshrew]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
US Patent Application 20090010962 - Genetically Engineered Swine Influenza Virus and Uses Thereof

Claims 1. An attenuated swine influenza virus comprising a mutation in a swine influenza NS1 gene that diminishes the ability of the NS1 gene product to antagonize the cellular interferon response, and permits the attenuated virus, at a multiplicity of infection of 0.001, to grow to titers between approximately 3 fold to approximately 7 fold lower than wild-type swine influenza in pig cells, as determined approximately 5 days post-infection when propagated under the same conditions. 2. The attenuated swine influenza virus of claim 1, wherein the attenuated virus is genetically engineered. 3. The attenuated swine influenza virus of claim 1, wherein the attenuated virus is a mutagenized virus or reassortant. 4. The attenuated swine influenza virus of claim 2, wherein the attenuated virus is a chimeric virus that expresses a heterologous sequence. 5. The attenuated swine influenza virus of claim 2, wherein the attenuated virus is a chimeric virus that expresses a tumor antigen. 6. The attenuated swine influenza virus of claim 2, wherein the attenuated virus is a chimeric virus that expresses an epitope of a foreign pathogen. 7. The attenuated swine influenza virus of claim 1, wherein pig cells are PK(D1) cells, PK(15) cells, PK13 cells, NSK cells, LLC-PK1 cells, LLC-PK1A cells, ESK-4 cells, ST cells, PT-K75 cells, PK-2a/CL 13 cells or SJPL cells. 8. (canceled) 9. The attenuated swine influenza virus of claim 2, wherein the mutation is a deletion at the carboxy terminus of the NS1 gene. 10. (canceled) 11. An attenuated swine influenza virus comprising a modified NS1 gene, wherein the attenuated swine influenza virus is TX/98/del 126, TX/98/del 99 or TX/98/del 73. 12. An attenuated swine influenza virus having an altered interferon antagonist phenotype, wherein said virus comprises a mutation in the NS1 gene resulting in a deletion of between the 105 carboxy terminal amino acid residues and the 160 carboxy terminal amino acid residues of NS1. 13. The attenuated swine influenza virus of claim 12, wherein the virus is attenuated by a mutation in the NS1 gene resulting in a deletion of all of the amino acid residues of NS1 except amino acid residues 1-95, amino acid residues 1-90, amino acid residues 1-85, amino acid residues 1-80, amino acid residues 1-75, amino acid residues 1-73, amino acid residues 1-70, amino acid residues 1-65, or amino acid residues 1-60, and wherein the amino terminal amino acid is number 1 and the mutation in the NS1 gene confers an altered interferon antagonist phenotype. 14. (canceled)

www.patentstorm.us...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
www.patentstorm.us...
"US Patent Application 20090010962 - Genetically Engineered Swine Influenza Virus and Uses Thereof"

www.stjude.org...

scitizen.com... suring-/
"It looks like the H5N1 viruses can�t easily successfully switch genes with human flu viruses: that�s reassuring!�

11 Sep, 2006 11:44 am

Researchers from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, USA, have combined bird and human flu viruses in order to create a pandemic strain. T"

these are the links that are referenced in what I was saying in the "vaccinated to death" thread

[edit on 30-10-2009 by ApollonianFunMachine]

[edit on 30-10-2009 by ApollonianFunMachine]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Link to scientists who hold the patent:

1. Robert G. Webster (holds also a high position within the WHO)
en.wikipedia.org...
2. Dr. Jürgen A. Richt
www.immunobiology.iastate.edu...
3. Richard J. Webby
www.stjude.org...
4. Peter Palese
www.mountsinai.org...
5. Adolfo García-Sastre
www.mssm.edu...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
One other person I've shared this with said "smoking gun". It looks like they've been working on this for a long time.

I get out of work in an hour and a half, I'll be able to find more then. Thanks drunkenshrew.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenshrew
Link to scientists who hold the patent:

1. Robert G. Webster (holds also a high position within the WHO)
en.wikipedia.org...
2. Dr. Jürgen A. Richt
www.immunobiology.iastate.edu...
3. Richard J. Webby
www.stjude.org...
4. Peter Palese
www.mountsinai.org...
5. Adolfo García-Sastre
www.mssm.edu...

Maybe it is wise to let this information check out by a independent bio-researcher and sent it to independent press like the Huffington Post and others to try to get it out. If it is valid info then it should get out. Most people don't check ATS.

I checked the sites, but it is for a laymen impossible to see if this is something interesting. I think these researchers fill their day with playing with genes and viruses and anti-viruses. As long as they are dead virusses, they say it is safe play. (That was not the case in one of the Báxters experiments in march 2009).
So bring it to the pro's before screaming murder and hitting the panic button.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Pjotr]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
A human engineered bioweapon -- just like Billy Corgan and others claim.

Is this really any surprise?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
S & F

scary stuff. When I try to talk about it with people I just get these looks. People don't want to know about the very real possibilities. It is just easier to believe what is being presented to the public. Much easier that way.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hello

this is ...interesting
Did anyone catch the date on the Scitizen interview?
Isn't there another thread re: the number in question

this is big

I hope there is no significance to next month being... 11-09. Couldn't be.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Asphodelven]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Wow, interesting find. I've really got nothing to add, it speaks for itself.

These people are scum.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Here are links to the complete U.S. Patent applications:

United States Patent Application 20090010962
Genetically Engineered Swine Influenza and Uses Thereof
Submitted for patent: June 1st, 2005

United States Patent Application 20090060950A1
Method for Producing Viral Vaccines
Submitted for patent: August 28, 2008

[edit on 30-10-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well it’s either a matter of some things.

1) the vaccine is just a decoy for something else larger that’s going to happen

2) the vaccine is meant to help us, and there planning to take out the rest of the population that doesn’t get the vaccine

3)the vaccine they are using is going to actually kill us, from when the virus mutates, and all the people who took the vaccine will die

4) We are all just paranoid and the government is actually trying to help us

I wonder which one it is..

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Maddogkull]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
One thing that did strike me odd is,

if you do a quick search for any other patent in a similar time frame such as

www.patentstorm.us...

you will notice all of the patent numbers are only 7 digits long. If you go to www.uspto.gov and do a patent search, they state

Patents from 1790 through 1975 are searchable only by Issue Date, Patent Number, and Current US Classification.
When searching for specific numbers in the Patent Number field, patent numbers must be seven characters in length, excluding commas, which are optional.

While the presented patent has an 11 digit (20090010962) number.

Edited to say:
I noticed the 11 digit number is the application number, not sure if that makes a difference.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by ProjectedLogic]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
If there's anyone with a sharp eye for biochem about, they can cross-refernce the terms of the "invention" with the actual erm...phenotypes? ...being reported in the field currently.

For instance I was glad to see a previous thread bumped up here, in which I just happened to catch the following quoted from a journal:

Analysis of evolutionary rates also supports the view that all the genes in the pandemic strain of 2009 except NA and M genes are derived from triple reassorted swine viruses.
Anyway to relate that w/the patent information?

There are more questions being raised than answers given.

I will be glad to be proven idiotic for believing this thing means anything. I would love for this to be a red herring.

By the way, I will admit that I am ApollonianFunMachine, I tried logging back into my account and the password wouldn't work.
I hope that I didn't break any rules...certainly wasn't deliberate if I did.

I haven't really considered "mainstream" media as a go to on this ...they have behaved horridly these last few months. Independent researchers or smaller more intrepid publications, maybe.

It just doesn't add up, the date when this was first reported in human population was april this year. And yet, we have found how many patents for H1N1 in the last 2-3 years?

How many H1N1-related patents were being applied for before that? Has there been a spike?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I didnt honestly read the whole thing. It was in a very hard format to read. Pjotr brought up a good point. Send this to a few (many, try 9 or 10) local, city or regional newspapers and sty in contact with some journalists. See if we can get these facts verified. If it makes it to any larger newspapers and starts getting out and about, you could catch something. Cross some Ts and dot some is before you send it in. Good job though.

Stay organized and neat! i am almost getting fired for this reason right now!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Asphodelven

"I hope there is no significance to next month being... 11-09. Couldn't be. "

If i understood their logic about 9/11 the 11/9 would be something done by them (above god which is 10) to us the human(we are 9).
Hmm in fact its 11/09/09. then im lost

Some men doing stuff higher than a god to other men ?

heh i m not in the secret knowledge spheres xD

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Fedge]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
There is one slight problem with this, The claims state that their "invention" was the ability to slow its reproduction through genetic engineering where the amino acids were stripped from the virus. It also states in the patent that its not a pure "lab borne" virus ... the cultures taken are in fact from pigs. so i hate to tell you but this unfortunately is not that big a deal and really has nothing to do with human h1n1

Just to let you know my source is my boss, a registered patent attorney.

in lay terms the intent of this patent is a way to generate a vaccine for pigs

[edit on 30-10-2009 by conspiracyrus]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Originally posted by ApollonianFunMachine
www.patentstorm.us...
"US Patent Application 20090010962 - Genetically Engineered Swine Influenza Virus and Uses Thereof"

Not sure what the rest of you are getting at with this, but it looks basically like the patent for the creation of an attenuated vaccine for H1N1 along with its claims that it will minimize the aftereffects of your immune system building its immunity against it.

Page 13 of the PDF:
[0002] 1. Field of the Invention
The present invention relates, in general, to attenuated swine influenza viruses having an impaired ability to antagonize the cellular interferon response, and the use of such attenuated viruses in vaccine and pharmaceutical formulations. In particular, the invention relates to attenuated influenza viruses having modifications to a swine NS1 gene that diminish or eliminate the ability of the NS1 gene product to antagonize the celluar IFN response. These Viruses replicate in vivo, but demonstrate decreased virulence and increased attenuation, and therefore are well suited for use in live virus vaccines, and pharmaceutical formulations

IFN's:

Interferons (IFNs) are natural cell-signaling proteins produced by the cells of the immune system of most vertebrates in response to challenges such as viruses, parasites and tumor cells. They belong to the large class of glycoproteins known as cytokines and are produced by a wide variety of cells in response to the presence of double-stranded RNA, a key indicator of viral infection. Interferons assist the immune response by inhibiting viral replication within host cells, activating natural killer cells and macrophages, increasing antigen presentation to T lymphocytes, and increasing the resistance of host cells to viral infection.

Again, I have no idea how this is conspiracy related, I'll give a read through when I have more time though

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Whyhi]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

yeah if you read the whole thing its not as ominous as it sounds ... my boss went through it with me, she was genuinely interested until she read it and explained it to me ... then we laughed

and this actually has nothing to do with humans its a pig vaccine =p

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Cool. I'm glad actually, I've been on this mini crusade for a day now. Can you blame me?

Though circumstantially there's still something really odd about this.
Like, WHY? Was there concern about a possible upcoming "human" H1N1 at the time that noone knew about except for a crackerjack team of predictive virologists?

Or were they planning to immunize pigs?

I mean, none of this implies foreknowledge of anything to come in April?
You know, I'm actually pretty tired of conspiracy theories and would love to give it a rest...

Thank your boss for me though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join