It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control & nieghbors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I figure its photoshopped but none the less, I got a kick out of it!

If everyone of the anti-gun ppl had to deal with this , I think they may change their minds!

Guns are like illegal drugs.......whether or not they are legal, anyone that wants, anything legal or not, can get it!

I should have posted this in skunkworks, sorry mods...move or delete if appropriate!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Yeah... It's photoshopped.. the color and contrast levels are too different...
Doesn'T mean I don't like it... Hey I'm the kind of prankster to put that in my yard, until someone reminded me of the liability if they really did get robbed

At my old place I had a sign in my front yard...
"The dogs can run from the house to the gate in 1.8 seconds. Can you"?
Naturally that was next to the "Beware of Dog" sign

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Photo shopped no doubt, but quite brilliant.

Someone needs to start up a business selling hilarious yard signs

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'd buy one.

However, I would caution the use of actually displaying such a sign. It could legally be construed as Criminal Harassment.

Now if you left out the arrow and changed the word "Neighbor" to "Neighbors", ambiguity would prevent it from running afoul of the law.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Something should be included about typical police response time so the offenders will know about how much time they have to run amok. It's be the helpful thing to do.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Forget typical time's lets talk real life...
Last year my neighbour had her arm broken by her drunk stoned living-in boyfriend... she ran to my place at 3 in the morning screaming for help... I called the cops and an ambulance... the ambulance showed up within five minutes... then we all waited another 45 for a cop to show up and take a statement... in that time I could load half a moving truck and take the time to pick out the good stuff from the meh...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

That's the reason why i will always have a handgun, even if the anti-gun nuts somehow get it to be illegal to own one. The police will never be able to consistently prevent crime. There aren't enough of them, and i will never trust my wife, or unborn son's life to their limited ability to help those in danger.

great post Doc! and i love the single action in your avatar! i've got a 5 and half inch uberti 45 single action myself.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I made this my background 2 days ago. Love it, although probably photoshopped i bet the real neighbor would then also want there 1st amendment rights removed too... Take the sign down!!!!!! they would say, and while doing it shut down fox news.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

You misspelled Faux News!

BTW your guns can control your neighbors especially when they think that because they are twice convicted felons that they've got nothing to lose in killing your loved ones or you!

Let's also not forget the paranoid Meth-heads because they been up for a week,too. Unless you've got some monster half wolf, the drug dealer's pitbull terriers which never stay chained up and are constantly menacing kids and chasing cars. Nothing that a .44 or .45 can't take care of. But because the dufus dog-huggers say its the owners fault it's best to trap them and call the animal control folks. If you live far enough out, it shoot, shovel and shut up. Tell your drug-dealing neighbor that a cougar or wild boar probably got them. Ain't two pitbulls in the world going to do dammit but die if they get between wild sow and her litter and the boars will likely look at them as a food source.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

This is a great sign... as funny as it is.... I would actually put one up just down the street....

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

A friend of mine in the USA once told me that you can buy stickers that say "There are no guns in this house" to be applied to your car or house windows. I always wondered why someone would want to advertise this? I mean ok you are making your political views known but out of all the houses in a street that possibly have guns you are telling the lone burglar that you don't and therefore the burglar doesn't have to worry.

Really smart.

EDIT because i can't type.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Here is a story about Guns and Neighbors:

I live in New Orleans and I survived Hurricane Katrina. When most of the city had fled to other states and the flood waters started to recede a group of us went walking around. We found a grocery store someone had broken into an lots of people were helping themselves to what food they could carry. This made since. We had been without utilities for days. All our food in the refrigerators were going bad. We were as of yet getting no help from the outside. Myself and the group I was with entered the store to do as everyone else was doing and grab some food.

On the way out, a group of men pulled up from a parish (county) on the other side of the state and proceeded to hold us ( everyone in the store) at gunpoint.. rifles and shotguns mostly and threatened to shoot all of us lawbreakers. They were very harsh with all of us and treated us as if we were all the trash of the earth. Needless to say people who were just trying to get food that would be written off anyway were frightened. These men were simply local cops who certainly had no jurisdiction in New Orleans. After a while with the people pleading with them because we did not have any food they decided we could take what we wanted (except for any alcohol).

No one looked back when we left but I suspect these men because they had the GUNS just wanted to take what they could for themselves. (Including the alcohol) The next day we went back to the store to get the final pickings and these men where no where in sight.

The funny thing is it wasn't the known gangs and thugs who tried to stop us.. it was the people who were in law enforcement who had Cop Mentality and thought they needed to impose their will on us.. just because they could.. not because they had jurisdiction or that they were right.

I later found out that there were some good cops in some neighborhoods who went with the people to loot stores to protect them and make sure they got their food home safely.

This is going to be a Big problem when and if the SHTF. How do you tell a bunch of people with big guns you have some rights to survive when they have their own ideas. I suspect this is going to lead to lots of needless bloodshed until someone gets a clue. The best thing you can do if stuck at home is defend your own property. If you need to go for supplies, you should be extremely careful.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

See had you thought to stock up on non perishable food you wouldn't have even had to steal that food and potentially put your life at risk when people showed up to put at stop to it. Not preparing is no excuse for theft unfortunately, hopefully the lessons of Katrina will encourage more people to plan ahead instead of sticking with the Grasshopper mentality.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Ah yes, the victimization of the criminal element.

I'm all choked up.

I got a little tear streaming down my cheek right now.

Great sign by the way.

I wonder if they have any signs that say, "My neighbor was a looter in the last hurricane. Feel free to take his stuff if you need it."

[edit on 10-11-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

See had you thought to stock up on non perishable food you wouldn't have even had to steal that food and potentially put your life at risk when people showed up to put at stop to it. Not preparing is no excuse for theft unfortunately, hopefully the lessons of Katrina will encourage more people to plan ahead instead of sticking with the Grasshopper mentality.

I'll grant you that's a good point. Most of us had canned good, not a great stock pile. We didn't know how long it would be before help came because many of the roads were impassable and we shared our food with others who didn't have as much as we did. I tell you going through that really brought the community together.

If you know a situation is coming yes by all means stock up. I mentioned these things because there are times when SHTF that you will be caught unprepared no matter how you plan. In a SHTF situation there are times when you may have to steal to survive.

We were not the ones who broke into this store, the food was going to walk out anyway.. we just wanted to be sure we had our share. As it was the food helped greatly because it was long time before assistance was able to be brought to our area. This type of theft was allowed and overlooked as a criminal offense in this situation. The powers that be once they got back to town broadcast they didn't blame the people for doing what they had to do. This type of theft was happening all over the city. Also knowing that insurance covered everything and it was written off the stores wouldn't press criminal charges. Now breaking into a private home or even store offices and stealing things for loot was a different matter as it should have been, but with food they looked the other way.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
WOW
TY everyone....I forgot I evan posted this and feel bad for not participating..
I have been away for the weekend, at least most got a giggle outa it!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I love it!!
If its real I bet they dont like the sign and I bet they hungry enough to become hunters either

top topics

join