It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Chalks Up 650,000 Jobs to Stimulus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jnewell33

So you consider Fox a source but not the huffington post?

As John Stewart said "Does the sun ever shine over fox news?"

You forgot about the third category. The category that is highly critical of Obama but that hopes we will get his Sh*t together and save the economy because they care about America. The Obama haters that look for every excuse to cry doom and gloom and to demonize him literally want him to fail just so they can have their inflated egos satisfied. They are so brainwashed by FOX that they refuse to accept any good news even when it is objective. Anyone who wants Obama to fail is not a true American or a patriot.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101
My husband has found a good job driving a concrete truck and it has good benefits, he starts Monday. I am pretty sure this is a direct result of the stimulus and the rebuilding of the infrastructure. So I think some jobs have been created and I am greatful because he has been out of work for a year.

Exactly what I am saying. I was unemployed for 10 months. Now I have a good job thanks to the stimulis. I'm not a fan either, but, in my case it payed off.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I have to agree with you it is just a band aid on a wound that needs many stitches. Much more needs to be done. I myslef have been unemployed over a year and am about to run out of benefits. I look everyday (almost) and have yet to get even one interview. I send out resume's, make phone calls, go in person, network you name it, I have tried it. I have started a non profit agency but it is very hard to get funding right now. Established non profits are going down due to drastic budget cuts. So as a back up I put up as much food this summer as I could. I even made raisens out of the left over grapes after I made juice and jelly. I also spend a lot of my time finding ways to cut back and save money. Oh and also I go to school full time on-line so I feel like I am doing something productive. But I miss regular paychecks and being out around fellow co-workers.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Melissa101]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Yea these numbers aren't that good. And really it's not reflective of the amount of people that have lost their jobs. Most of these jobs that were "SAVED" were jobs that depend directly on the state governments for funding.

The benefit to the private sector? Not so much.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Does it really matter in what sector the jobs were in? If they were saved or created isn't that was really matters? And I disagree that it didn't help the private sector. When people have additional disposable income, it tends to go to the private sector.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by The Transhumanist

Yes, it matters, my friend, because in order for the economy to recuperate long term job growth has to be achieved.

What is going on is nothing but politics as usual, making people believe that the government is doing something for the people while gouging the tax payer to pay for the mistakes of those in the elite classes that runs the economy and the Markets.

Still nothing more than using numbers to deceive people that obviously the government believe they don't know how to do math.

Bush deceived the nation in order to be able to finance two wars and give what the war profeteers wanted, Obama is deceiving the nation in order to finance corporate American in the financial sector and give those that runs the federal reserve the wealth they lost.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

I hope that he is not driving truck for a commercial construction company. Commercial construction is declining badly and from the looks of it, it will be way worse than the housing construction clapse.

Just my two cents... I am already seeing this first hand in my state and it is not looking promising. One of the guys I work with has been "laid off" for awhile then got a call back into work to tie up loose ends and was laid off again. Everyone I work with are drawing at straws trying to find any kind of work we can and we have had to expand our expertise in order to make money. We were only doing one kind of work 4 years ago but now do a large number of different things we have had to learn on the go.

Best of luck to you and your husband.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Yes, it matters, my friend, because in order for the economy to recuperate long term job growth has to be achieved.

I don't think anyone Obama included considered the stimulus an attempt to recuperate long term job growth. I think it was an an emergency bandaid type policy that is a short term solution and an effective one at that.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The Transhumanist

I believe you are right, the temporary solutions to todays problems, but in order to keep what he is doing he will have to burden the tax payer and the nations national debt with more stimulus to support what he is doing.

sad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join