It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Chalks Up 650,000 Jobs to Stimulus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The federal stimulus program has saved or created nearly 650,000 jobs through aid to states, infrastructure projects and federal contracts, the Obama administration claimed Friday morning, adding that officials believe they are on track to meet their goal of 3.5 million jobs over two years

The figures do not include jobs indirectly created by the money pumped into the economy through tax cuts, unemployment benefits and aid to states for Medicaid. If those were included, the administration estimates, the tally would rise to more than 1 million jobs saved or created.

www.nytimes.com...

I'm sure there is a way for Obama haters to find a problem with this.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by The Transhumanist]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by The Transhumanist

Now it says it saved or created.

I would like to know how many were created. If it saved 649,000 jobs and only created 1000 I don't see the sucess. After all, how would they know that the stimulus actually saved those jobs.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The white house has been under pressure to show any success after spending billions on the economic stimulus.

The numbers are deceiving and fraudulent.

But they have no other choice.

Now I will like to see what the almost 10% of the unemployed in the nation have to say about this great news.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

“Some of our colleagues are saying that it hasn’t done much, or was a waste of money,” Mr. Schwarzenegger said, sharing the stage with Mr. Biden. “Well, I would dispute that.” He said the stimulus had created or saved more than 100,000 jobs in California, more than half of which were the jobs of teachers, professors and school administrators. The governor noted that some people have questioned whether those teachers would actually have been laid off: without the stimulus, he said, “No, those teachers would have been gone.”

And that's coming from a republican. I think it's hard to dispute that the stimulus has really helped our economy.

How so? Can you talk specifics or was that just rhetoric?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Now I will like to see what the almost 10% of the unemployed in the nation have to say about this great news.

Well, I can say that thanks to the stimulis, I have a job now and am not part of that 10% anymore. So for me, I say, GOOD JOB!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The article links to this:
www.recovery.gov...

It's funny the only example of jobs the article mentions are teachers. Public education is always strapped and I read that many school districts actually were lured into insurmountable derivatives schemes financially.
Anyways, if the centralized DC government didn't meddle so much with public education maybe this wouldn't have happened. I know some people think it was the failure of local or state education but let's not discount DC.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I would like to know how they "saved" jobs. Just google unemployment rate.

www.google.com...

This does not look like things have gotten better.

The term saving jobs is just used so it looks like the government did something to help.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mavman
I would like to know how they "saved" jobs. Just google unemployment rate.

www.google.com...

This does not look like things have gotten better.

The term saving jobs is just used so it looks like the government did something to help.

They save jobs temporarily by throwing cash at the states
so they don't lay off state employees.
This is a bunch of neolib BS.
If you want to create jobs, help small businesses do it.
Stop attacking small business with taxes.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
These are the jobs that exist in Obamsters head. Nothing too it literally or physically.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Kind of like giving a sandwich to a starving person and saying you solved their hunger.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mavman

Kind of like giving a sandwich to a starving person and saying you solved their hunger.

Instead of throwing a fish to a starving person, teach them to fish so
they can eat for a lifetime.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

money.cnn.com...

While Obama does favor raising the top two rates, the quote is not true because not all the small business income of those in the top two rates is taxed at the 33% and 35% rates," said Gerald Prante, a senior economist at the nonpartisan Tax Foundation. The bottom line: McCain's claim only works by using an overly broad definition of what counts as a "small business" - and even with that definition, fewer than 2% of business owners would be hit by Obama's proposed rate increase. For those who are affected, the increase would be levied only on a part of their earnings, not all of them.

How is Obama "attacking" small business with taxes? Check your facts.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
For anybody that can understand how the economy works the information I will be posting will be understood.

For four months the economy has been in decline with unemployment rates hikes, but this third quarter the government is promoting growth with the GDP numbers to announce that the recession if over.

But the growth of the economy at 3.5 in the third quarter is just a littler bit over the decline at 3.2.

The reason for such minimal but otherwise increase is due to the incredible runaway government spending in the cash for clunkers program that while is used to boost the retail numbers the profits went to Japan while we the tax payer were stock with the bill.

The home buyer tax credit is also including in the retail numbers, all this programs were only temporary along with the jobs created or "saved" by the stimulus.

Is not and never has been real job growth as our wealth builders in the nation has been long gone for the past 10 years to oversea nations.

They never will comeback again so sustainable job growth in the long term is not longer achievable in the US.

Jobs that has been extended or finance by the stimulus will run out when the stimulus money is gone.

Unless is another stimulus all the people that may have gotten a job will lose it soon.

In order to have more stimulus the national debt ceiling needs to be increased, something that congress is very adamant to do, because of the sign that will send to our oversea debt holders.

When our Market value is at a 14.29 trillions and you have a debt deficit of 11 trillion be held by foreign debt holders it makes you wonder how we are to keep surviving as a nation.

But let those that think they know how to do math in the government keep telling the people in the nation that our economy is recuperating.

Have a good day people, and if you need more news on this you are welcome to the market data thread where is plenty of links and information that tells exactly why we are in such a mess in this nation and the government keeps lying about it.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by marg6043]

[edit on 30-10-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Transhumanist

money.cnn.com...

While Obama does favor raising the top two rates, the quote is not true because not all the small business income of those in the top two rates is taxed at the 33% and 35% rates," said Gerald Prante, a senior economist at the nonpartisan Tax Foundation. The bottom line: McCain's claim only works by using an overly broad definition of what counts as a "small business" - and even with that definition, fewer than 2% of business owners would be hit by Obama's proposed rate increase. For those who are affected, the increase would be levied only on a part of their earnings, not all of them.

How is Obama "attacking" small business with taxes? Check your facts.

It's called ObamaCare!

Check your facts.
Don't forget Cap & Trade = Job Killer!
Team Obama even admits that!

Check your facts.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

The white house has been under pressure to show any success after spending billions on the economic stimulus.

But they have no other choice.

The 10% will only get bigger for now. Until they defeat Obamacare and Cap and Trade, nobody will be hiring anybody.
Most places are not sure what will be the fallout to them for these things. These are the dumbest two things they could do with this downturn.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I am not an Obama fan but I do not hate hime either.

My husband has found a good job driving a concrete truck and it has good benefits, he starts Monday. I am pretty sure this is a direct result of the stimulus and the rebuilding of the infrastructure. So I think some jobs have been created and I am greatful because he has been out of work for a year.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Melissa101]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

Most of the stimulus won't kick in until 2010.
Just in time for the election November 2010.
Get the picture? They back loaded it.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

This is like obamas tax returns in chicago fake.

Come on now, we all know its bull. 10000 people looking for a 150 jobs in a supermarket, yep great job creation.

Obama needs to get working on the gang stalking abilities of americans.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

www.politifact.org...

During the campaign, Barack Obama promised to extend a tax break for small businesses to give them a boost during the recession. The tax change raised the expensing limit — the amount that small companies can claim as their business expenses for investments. A sharp-eyed reader brought to our attention a tiny provision in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, the economic stimulus package, that did exactly that. Section 1202 of the stimulus legislation raised the limit to $250,000. A May 2009 memo from the Internal Revenue Service confirms the change. We rate this Promise Kept.

The ad says that Obama "promises more taxes on small business, seniors, your life savings, your family." That sounds like a broad-brush statement of Obama's taxation philosophy. But Obama does not promise those things; in fact, he promises more taxes for taxpayers with the highest incomes. McCain's statement is a distortion of Obama's proposals, and we find it Barely True.

www.politifact.com...

Will President Obama's health care plan promote small business and make us more like Europe? It very well might. One possible explanation for the relatively smaller role of small business in the U.S. economy is that concern over access to health insurance makes many people reluctant to strike out on their own and start a small business. The prospect of being stuck without health insurance has to be very scary for a 50-year old with some health problems.

Read more at: www.huffingtonpost.com...

Will President Obama's health care plan promote small business and make us more like Europe? It very well might. One possible explanation for the relatively smaller role of small business in the U.S. economy is that concern over access to health insurance makes many people reluctant to strike out on their own and start a small business. The prospect of being stuck without health insurance has to be very scary for a 50-year old with some health problems.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Cap and trade doesn't create any paperwork for families and small businesses. Only major fossil fuel oil companies and big industrial polluters and utilities will track their emissions and obtain permits. Quietly but effectively, the cap will reduce our emissions. Energy prices may rise (as they already are), but revenues from auctioned permits can counteract the effects of price increases through investments in efficiency rebates, direct tax credits, transit infrastructure, and building energy retrofits.

www.sightline.org...

Well-structured carbon emissions caps would foster clean-energy technology at scant cost to consumers. The program would even create jobs

www.businessweek.com...

I've provided my sources. Where are yours? Laughing faces don't really make for much of an argument.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Since when is Huffington Post a source. This whole argument is dumb for the simple fact that when you do create the books and oversee thee books your are in the unique position to manipulate them to say what you want. You can be happy as you want about a failed stimulus but I am not holding my breath because people are still losing their homes and there are still families going hungry. I will get on my knees and kiss the feet of anyone who can help our brothers and sisters get a seat at the table again and get back to work. You see, all the while you have two sides...one who can't stand any action of this president and his administration, and then you have a side that believes he walks on water and can do no wrong and the whole time these people waste their breathe and keystrokes, people are really hurting. Do I think the government can be trusted? No!...Do I believe the numbers? No! But who really cares about the numbers, when the people stop hurting is when I will be happy with the actions of this administration, we did not elect them to focus on Fox News and how they are so much different than MSNBC.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join