It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Impossible' Device Could Propel Flying Cars, Stealth Missiles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousMoose

I'm really surprised that Bob Bigelow isn't all over this opportunity. A guy like that has all the resources necessary to develop something like this start to finish and this is exactly the sort of thing he's been looking to get his hands on. Maybe he's one of the the people working on getting a demonstration model working, I guess we won't know until later if he's not telling.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Everything around us has energy in it. Even the nothing.

-"AETHER"-

www.16pi2.com...

Secrets of the Aether

As an adjunct to Quantum Mechanics, this book is a foundational introduction to the mathematical Aether Physics Model. This model provides new insights to quantum physical structures not presently solved by the Standard Model (a Unified Force Theory, for example.)

Aether is also the source of curved geometry as expressed by Albert Einstein in his General Relativity Theory. Albert Einstein wrote a paper, which describes the Aether as a magnetic field.

The Aether Physics Model arose while David Thomson was investigating the work of Nikola Tesla. While testing Tesla coils, he noticed there were two distinct different manifestations of charges. After searching the existing scientific literature in vain for an explanation, he decided to re-examine the foundations of physics. Within three weeks he discovered a mathematically correct Unified Force Theory.

Here's your large step in technology. Seems this guy missed a few classes to get to the result he was looking for. Right now, Scientist are still trying to figure out what exactly is the make-up of the aether. "We know that nothing is still something, but what exactly is in nothing?"

This guy I think, knew that somehow he can use that nothing and turn it into something.

Let all the 'brainiacs' go figure what's in nothing first. Until then, as far as they're concerned, the aether is nothing and there isn't anything in it so there is no possible way that you can get something from it.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by geo1066]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
U.S. Government: Bull#! (hey john, burn the copies, hide the original plans, and kill this guy)

Corporations: Bull#! (We're not going let this twit patent this technology)

China: Hell YA

Oh yah, I still call it the "Theory" of conservation of mass and energy

[edit on 10/31/2009 by die_another_day]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

Tesla proved that many decades ago. I'm sure that the US or Russia have Tesla craft and free energy devices in operation. What a shame we don't, after all...isn't it the serfs that made it all possible with tax money?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
U.S. Government: Bull#! (hey john, burn the copies, hide the original plans, and kill this guy)

Corporations: Bull#! (We're not going let this twit patent this technology)

China: Hell YA

Oh yah, I still call it the "Theory" of conservation of mass and energy

[edit on 10/31/2009 by die_another_day]

I think writing off the principle of mass/matter conservation is a little premature. I agree that we're obviously missing something, but it's hard to throw out the whole deal when we know that it works perfectly 99.999^99% of the time. I think it's more likely there's just some details here and there that need be *added* to what we already know, science needs to expand it's boarders a little.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
thats very interesting if this does work out it could be a gigantic breakthrough for a lot of applications
S&F

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
"Saudis Drop WTI Oil Contracts."

"Boy, that sucks for the US as the dollar is becoming depeged from all of the major oil producers. This at a time when our economy is already in a bad way is very bad news."

"The US is likely going to have to release new technology to the public and/or open up some of their own supply to offset the potential deathblow such a thing could cause the US economy."

Hmmm...

I know this wasn't released by the US Government, but the timing is impeccable.
Lets get to work on this!

Of course they've known about this sort of stuff for a while now. Just interesting that it was released now.

Good news though.
S&F

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
I find it really sad that our "typical" reaction from the science community is to label it a fraud simply because they do not understand how it works.

Theres to much cash/time and power/ego invested in the scientific status quo unfortunately. Hence why stuff like this never gets looked at. Bsbray is right, science is the new sacrosant dogma of our times... Profit over potential progress.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
UPDATE

The British National Space Centre's technology and industrial policy deputy director has told Hyperbola that 2010 could see a workshop on the Emdrive to bring together the expertise to tackle the "underlying physical phenomena" that is seen in the video above

The UK government has investigated the Emdrive before. Beyond references to these grants on Shawyer's website and in his presentations further detail is not readily available on the web, bar this freedom of information request. Interestingly it suggests that the government paid reviewers of Emdrive were, well, flummexed

Link to presentation

Hyperbola

[edit on 11/1/2009 by ZombieOctopus]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Would love some more news on this?

Is there any?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

I'm curious, that object ('EMDrive') is floating a fixed distance from what ever is below it. So, either the designer knows enough of the functioning of this propulsion system that it's incredibly fine-tuned (let alone building a prototype with that level of fidelity) or it is being suspended against a di-opposed force (ie- magnetic field underneath).

If this device worked by negating gravity it would start floating all over the place, slowly at first, which it doesn't... it remains at fixed height.

And we can't even rule out that it is suspended by a string/cable. We don't see the beginning or the end of the demonstration on the video.

Honestly, it reminds me of a large electromagnetic levitron.

I could tell you how to make a real 'AG' device... but then I'd have to kill ya.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Well now, renewed interest, after a year and a month almost to the day on ATS...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its gone down another black hole called China, astalavista baby!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flux8

I'm curious, that object ('EMDrive') is floating a fixed distance from what ever is below it. So, either the designer knows enough of the functioning of this propulsion system that it's incredibly fine-tuned (let alone building a prototype with that level of fidelity) or it is being suspended against a di-opposed force (ie- magnetic field underneath).

If this device worked by negating gravity it would start floating all over the place, slowly at first, which it doesn't... it remains at fixed height.

And we can't even rule out that it is suspended by a string/cable. We don't see the beginning or the end of the demonstration on the video.

Honestly, it reminds me of a large electromagnetic levitron.

I could tell you how to make a real 'AG' device... but then I'd have to kill ya.

In the demo video, it's actually showing it suspended on a cushion of air if I understand correctly. It's being blown upwards and the "EMDrive" is what's causing it to rotate via lateral "thrust". So it's not hovering under it's own power, it's simply to remove the friction since the force it produces at such a small scale for demo wouldn't be enough counteract the gravity of Earth.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

You know I was thinking the same thing. Forty years ago.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Can't tell everyone how it works or they will steal the technology.
Can't not tell everyone how it works, or they won't believe you.

This logic opens a big hole were scam artists enter.

Thousands of promises later, nothing.....

There is no examination of support. Could be rotating on a disk instead of floating. Can't see over, under, and around.... Some of these rigs have magnetic devices pushing them along, just out of sight of the camera.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Can't tell everyone how it works or they will steal the technology.
Can't not tell everyone how it works, or they won't believe you.

This logic opens a big hole were scam artists enter.

Thousands of promises later, nothing.....

What will no doubt happen is we may hear one or more trivial stories surrounding this, it'll then be "discredited" and labeled nonsense, the inventor will just disappear, and then the instances of swamp gas sightings will sky rocket

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Maybe he hasn't heard about it yet? Heck if it wasn't for ATS I wouldn't have heard a peep about this device.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Ahhh, thanks for the clarification. That makes sense now.

So is this basically the 'brown effect' using microwaves instead of x rays? en.wikipedia.org...

... Though the effect he discovered has been proven to exist by many others, Brown's work was controversial because others and even he himself believed that this effect could explain the existence and operation of unidentified flying objects (UFOs)...

... Brown's research has since become something of a popular pursuit around the world, with amateur experimenters replicating his early experiments in the form of "lifters" powered by high-voltage.

bold highlight is mine

Considering this, we know that microwaves projected at a conductive metal surface induce an electrical current on that surface. Focus that current, via the shape of the metal and electrode configuration, and there's an 'ion lifter' (albeit not nearly enough thrust to lift anything significant on it's own).

I forget, was it tested in a vacuum? Would love to see that.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Flux8]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join