It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23% Believe in Ghosts, Do You?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Here's some good advice unless you like experiencing scary stuff DO NOT mess with ouija boards or participate in a ceyonce or trying to communicate with the dead in any. You are messing with stuff you could'nt start to comprehend.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
i dont necessarily believe in "ghosts" as such but i believe peoples souls can stay in this world

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Ghost, spirits, souls, or apparitions all the same thing. Some are good others are evil and some dont even know they are dead. Spirits do not cross over for several reasons, some have unfinished business, some met a grizzly or traumatic death and too afraid to move on, some like I said before dont realize they are dead and go about their daily routines like normal, some are very angry and or mean when they died and so they have resorted to "Haunting" so to speak the living by doing anything they can to cause others to experience pain and suffering as they are.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I've been in haunted places before. Lived in a haunted apartment for 5 years (1980-1985). We were told that a baby had died there, we all witnessed lights and the sound of a bay crying, and music playing . After a while it went away.
always felt like you were being watched in that place.

My in-laws house is haunted, it was built in 1965. don't know who all lived there before but I was told that an old woman had died of a heart attack. My in-laws went to Vietnam in 2003. My wife and I spent the night there with my sister-in-law a few times. I did see the ghost of the old woman, and I did hear noises of children playing down stairs and the sound of furniture moving and someone cleaning up.

I've had a few other experiences in the house too that was weird.

The shop at work is haunted too, other co-workers say the same thing.
sometimes we have to go into to work at night and you hear sounds like people walking around and even talking, but very low. Bathroom door shut and then locked for no reason, stuff like that.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Yes I believe, go to go Ghost Hunting in the St. Augustine Lighthouse a couple of weeks ago and made contact. I believe.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Yes, I do. Now,exactly what ghosts are is a whole other topic. I beleieve they are one of two things

1. Actual spiritual beings.This is what I tend to believe.

2. Universal residual memory. Possibly.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
As a side note, I'd say more that 23%of the population believes in ghost.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I grew up in a haunted house and had things happen to me that would make your hair stand on end.

This summer I was at a dinner party with some aunts and cousins and the subject of the house I grew up in came up. My cousin mentioned something about it breathing in her ear when we were young and that made my catch my breathe and a cold chill go down my body! The ghost used to breath in my ear when I was lying down to go to sleep and I never told her or anyone besides my Mom. "I said OMG it did that to you too?" and I knew she had been picked on by it too. It was an evil, foreboding presence. You could also tell when it was near because the air would get thick and ice cold.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
oh, c'mon, i believe in things i never have seen... and i used to live in a haunted flat. There was 3 "people" leaving with me and my mom that committed suicide from there (a 22th floor). We use to see them so often. At first we were so scared and almost leave the flat. Then we got used to them since they were so pacific... I use to talk with that guy who walked into the studio every night when i was playing online games (i was an addict by those times)

Ghosts don't scare me since that... in this flat is my grand grandma too, always caring of me and my auntie.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The good ghosts dont scare you but I can guarantee you the evil ones will the hell out you.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It is not a matter of "belief".

It is a matter of knowledge from experience.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
True but you would do well in listening to what others say who believe and have had an experience.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Well, I did have a weird experience with a ouija board when I was younger... me and a couple of my friends didnt really believe it worked so did a little test to make sure one of us wasnt pushing the glass. That consisted of one of us sitting away from the board, opening a book and then asking whoever/whatever we were talking to to spell out the 17th word down on whichever page was open (or something to that effect).. and it worked, for all three of us as well.
And although I cant really come up with a decent explanation for why that happened, I still dont believe in ghosts! Mainly because it doesnt seem to fit in with any other theories such as reincarnation etc...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Ok how many times do I have to say this, DO NOT!!! mess with ouija boards not even to test them or even be around one. These things are tools of the devil and unless you like scarey things happening to you dont do it.
Bluebelle you say you dont believe in ghosts because it doesnt go with reincarnation. So your saying you believe in reincarnation but dont believe in ghosts, how does that work?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Being a big fan and researcher of the paranormal I must say there is more to life than what we see with our own eyes.

However today in 2009, I am very drawn away from paranormal research as of late. With all these shows on TV, like Ghost hunters ect. Are total BS shows!
These shows are geared twords ratings and mock events they try to pass off as true paranormal research.
I am not upset, and I do not lose any sleep over this kind of stuff. But these guys have taken the serious side out of ghost hunting and turned it into a side show act.. Where people act like they are afraid of these things, and run around screaming and running.
99.9% of all of my paranormal research turned up nothing, and explainable events that leave me to understand there is more to life than we understand.

But so much paranormal hunters have been turned into pure showman ship.
And ooh ahh type stuff that leaves me hanging my head. Or rolling my eyes.

Yes there is much we do not understand about energy, and about the afterlife.. However todays shows are honestly doing me no personal justice.

I am glad 23% of people truly feel there is more to life, and the after life.
However IMO its going to be less after watching a show like ghost hunters.

Paranormal research in truth is boring work, and as I said 99% of the time lead you no where. When looking at it honestly, and in reality.

Most of it is delusional, hype for TV ratings..

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Ouija boards were victorian entertainment...hell, you can still buy them in toy shops. They do nothing except tap into the human psyche and all the strange things it can do given the right circumstances and expectations. No ghosts or demons, just the wonders and downright craziness of the human brain in action.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Sure you keep thinking that. It shows the ignorance of people that would use such a device for entertainment or otherwise and also shows the influence satan has over people that think it is just a toy. Ouija Boards like so many other things on this planet seem to be ok but they are here to test us.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Why wouldnt we? If we dont, we must assume that science can explain everything in the universe and that there is nothing left to discover.

Or we can pretend that everybody who experiences these things are imagining it. Kind of hard to explain most of the cases though, specially the kids who see things and wants nothing more than to be normal and not be treated like freaks. Yes, there is a lot of TV shows that are obviously fake and probably designed to make everybody ridicule the entire thing. But these things happen.

Ive heard very loud noises when Ive been alone in my brothers house at several occasions. Its not something you imagine when you suddenly WAKE UP in the middle of the night by the sound of something banging against wood while the cat in the same room makes a jump straight up into the air in fear. No neighbours and nobody else in the house.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DemonSpeedN
Ok how many times do I have to say this, DO NOT!!! mess with ouija boards not even to test them or even be around one. These things are tools of the devil and unless you like scarey things happening to you dont do it.
Bluebelle you say you dont believe in ghosts because it doesnt go with reincarnation. So your saying you believe in reincarnation but dont believe in ghosts, how does that work?

Tools of the devil.. who told you that?

And no I didnt say I believed in reincarnation, I said it doesnt fit in with any theories such as reincarnation etc.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by Bluebelle

Ouija boards were victorian entertainment...hell, you can still buy them in toy shops. They do nothing except tap into the human psyche and all the strange things it can do given the right circumstances and expectations. No ghosts or demons, just the wonders and downright craziness of the human brain in action.

Yea Ive seen one in a shop window before, right next to a monopoly board!
Im more inclined to think what happened with me & my friends was something to do with our brains & how they work.. rather than a ghost peeking over a few teenagers shoulders for the sake of entertaining us for a few minutes

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join