It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby soda bottles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Surely these could be put to good use in a BOB. Air and water-tight, these are 2-liter pop bottles that haven't been vacuum-formed yet. Great for holding small amounts of liquids like rubbing alcohol, triple-bac cream, etc. Could even be used for air-tight storage of other small items like spare gun parts (an AR-15 bolt might fit in there?) or ammo, matches, tinder, etc. They're pretty thick and sturdy.

I'm not selling these or anything, just stumbled across them online and thought I would share.

$9.95 for 15 bottles:
www.stevespanglerscience.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Yeah I totally thought this thread was going to be about soda bottles for babies. Which would not have surprised me one bit.

Your mention of BOB didn't help either as that's the name of a super sexy baby stroller.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mortimer452

They wouldn't hold enough liquids to accomplish anything life saving. You would be better off saving your money for a camel pak.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The site says:
"Measures 15 cm (5.75") tall, 2.5 cm (1") in diameter and holds approximately 60 mL (2 ounces) of liquid" for those interested in specs.
At 2 ounces, they seem ideal or least suitable for some uses. They seem durable and light enough. At this size you could improve in weight and the quality of the plastic.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I wonder how strong they are. Can I break them with my hands if I try?

I can see the use of these for tiny part storage, or for anyone traveling/camping with paper documents you can roll up and keep dry.

I want some just to play with, but I really can't think of a practical use for my daily life.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
These would be good for packing rubbing alhcohol, peroxide, iodine, etc. for a brigade level first aid kit.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I have a friend that works in a Soda plant, these are bottles before they are made into 2L size, and as far as BOB its funny because we always use these when we go in the woods to bring sugar, milk, etc for coffee and tea

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Very heavy duty item. I had a few back when plastic 2 liter bottles were a new thing and had metal caps. If you can break one with your bare hands, I am not going to mess with you.

top topics

join