It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. pushes for answers over Iran nuclear counter-offer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

U.S. pushes for answers over Iran nuclear counter-offer

www.edition.cnn.com

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The United States on Friday sought clarification from Iran in response to its counter-offer involving shipping low-enriched uranium for refining abroad, senior administration officials said.

The apparent Iranian refusal of a nuclear proposal centers on Iran not wanting to send its uranium to Russia, as stated in a document agreed on earlier this month at the headquarters of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in Vienna, Austria.

Tehran is proposing instead that its uranium be enriched on Iranian soil by a third country, under IAEA supervision, Obama administ
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Well this is a positive step forward in my opinion. It seems some of the tension has been dissolved and I eargerly await the report by the inspectors concerning last Sunday's visit to the new Iranian facility.

I wonder what the US will now to do continue their propaganda campaign against Iran if they are willing to cooperate and meet half way with some of their own demands.

Any thoughts ATS?

~Keeper

www.edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Interesting to see some other "news" editions touting this as the Iranians breaking a deal or an accord, like it was all a done and those pesky Eyeranians have reneged...again! I guess for some, the continual beating of the war drums must give some a real buzz.

For all of the chest beating by Israel and it's western lackies, the fact still remains that Iran has yet to be proved to be doing anything other than building a power station, and the fuel to operate it, which they are allowed to do under the terms of the NNPT.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Yup, I totally agree.

Iran hasn't done anything illegal, it may have been rude in telling the rest of the world to STFU, but that's really the extent of the crime.

You hear that?

Yeah...war drums still in full beat.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
and the spin has allready started around the world - `iran rejects` bneing numerous headlines

new topics

top topics

join