It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 17 site in higher resolution

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
reply to post by ngchunter

Duh, I wouldn't expect a picture from NASA with the alleged flag and LM on another alleged site on the moon.

"Faith" has everything to do with it, as you clearly demonstrate yourself.

Faith has nothing to do with it; it's clearly the LM's landing site even in the regular full size images. If you're saying you never doubted the high resolution Apollo imagery of what the whole landing site should look like, which until now (and with some confirmation from Kaguya) was the highest resolution source and only way of knowing that some of these smaller craters surrounding the LM existed, then you're implicitly stating you think Apollo was real to begin with, in which case this is all pointless.

You assume that some blurry pixels in a picture are a flag and the LM, because you have faith that NASA really landed there.

Actually these pixels are perfectly sharp, faith has nothing to do with this. It's clearly the LM's landing site based on where we know each of these objects was supposedly left behind according to the landing site maps, and based on the crater formations surrounding the LM, which until Kaguya we had no confirmation of.

Not saying that they didn't, but, you are just assuming, can't tell anything from those pictures.

You can tell the landing site matches the liftoff imagery taken from the LM perfectly. That speaks volumes.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What I find dissapointing about these pictures (this is at least the second time they have photographed this area with LRO) is that once again the interesting stuff is just out of the field of view.

We want to see Nansen! We want to see the south Massif!

According to NASA, they crashed the LM back into the south massif. I think even the harde core NASA yes men would want to see what kind of damage it did. What type of debris did it kick up? What does the ejecta look like? Could we see the mangled machinery?

And for the rest of us we want to see if Nansen really is a big entrance! We want to see if the LM crashed through the roof of this Lunar dome we call the south masif!

Surely NASA could end a lot of speculation by giving us good pictures (for the first time ever) of this area the Apollo 17 astronauts made a made dash for (and then examined with the cameras pointed in the opposite direction)... But no... The important stuff is just out of frame... How convienient.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
Do people actually trust the image from NASA??? I did this in 3 minutes on Photoshop so imagine the resources they have! I mean puhleeeez...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c9016539bec6.jpg[/atsimg]

It sounds like you will never believe humans went to the Moon unless you went there yourself and saw the equipment (but, I suppose even then you could say the equipment was put there roboticly).

I guess that means that there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that would convince you that humans visited the Moon.

For example, if the Chinese go there within the next decade or so, then there is no way possible they would be able to convince you they actually went to the Moon -- that is unless they took you with them.

I wonder if the "Hoax believers" will keep raising the bar to infinite levels when it comes to evidence that man actually walked on the Moon. It was only a short time ago that people said "I'll believe it when someone shows me pictures of the equipment". Now some are raising the bar even higher.

[edit on 11/3/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

<< 1  2  3   >>

join