It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Year Old Children Caught Working Hard Labor, Michigan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Please watch the Video follow the link.

And this is not synonymous to Michigan either, it's all over the USA.

Good Morning America just had a full blown story and short documentary.

The company is the largest supplier of blueberries to Walmart and guess what Walmart is suspending the buying because they are shocked. Whatever!

Walmart is full of it.

I'll bet they would have used 2 year olds, but couldn't find anywhere to put the baby seats, on the tractors.

abcnews.go.com...

A five-year-old girl, named Suli, was seen lugging two heavy buckets of blueberries picked by her parents and brothers, aged seven and eight.

An 11-year-old boy in the Adkin fields told the Carnegie fellows he had been picking blueberries since the age of eight.

Adkin's Blue Ribbon Packing Co
www.michiganblueberries.com

6575 106th Ave
South Haven, MI 49090
(269) 637-2296

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Incredible.
Thanks for that post.
I've boycotted Wal-mart awhile ago..but this just gives me more reason to keep it up.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Yup I don't think I have stepped into a wal mart in about 5 years now.

And a good thing too if they are promoting child labour in other parts of the world, especially the West where these things are SUPPOSE to not happen at all.

At least they suspended the thing when the news broke.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Wal mart is shocked at child labor on American soil. They don't care about child labor on foreign soil. Which is why these companies can afford to seel wal mart cheap knick knacks for 25cents.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
yup nixi nocks..i was jsut thinking the same thing! Example why many things are cheaper at walmart...slave labor! how much were they paying that young american citizen/kid? I am sure now, prices will creep up once those blueberrys are done correctly*
damn sahme..i dunno how it works, but i fidn it questionable, NO ONE at corporate walmart investigated how thigns work* where their pridcuts come from? either the CEO's arer blind or they knew what was goin on. So, here we see, a corporate giant who helped push mom n pops shops off the street, low and behokd child labor* I try not to go to wamart anymore..yeah they got cheapr costs on things like underwear (fruti of the loom only place i can find it), motor oil..but seeing they have been possibly been supoprtingc hild labor?> WRONG WORNG WRONG
I remember a documentary on walmart, used to be on HBO time to time..one manager out midwest was cited for storing hazordous waste behind that walmart, list goes on and on and on. I have 2 lcoal walmarts near me, between 7 and 13 miles. clsoest one, on route 1, connecticut ave, is an ok place, but the few times i been in thier, it took forever to get rung out, while assitant manager was just acting like it wasnt his job to ring..took 20 minutes jsut for some shampoo an djelly. The other one is a cool place i admitt, empoyees seem cool and all.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
now as for child labor on foreign soil..thats well id ont know. I mean, it is providing jobs for poor people in poor countrys..but if its true, i wonder if htose sweatshop kids are being treated like crap..i sa a documentary on this, HBO..some place in pakistan i think.littel girl was like 9 or 10, was 5 minutes late to work..they docked her money! The guy running the show, walked around wtih a bamboo stick, showing order. god is that sickening or what.
I was shocked years ago, finding out jsut how things really work* american brands now being manufactured in sweat shops.the quality lacks now, as a result. I bought a pair of shoes 3 months ago, form walmart..for work, they have dr.scholls heel cushions in em. Working in a faast paced retail store, they did not survive 2 months* Buying them form Macy's, for $60 they can survive 6+ months. the walmart ones, were about $33.
Made in america used to mean so much, and it still does, to poelpe like me. It meant fine maufacturing, and suposrted local businesses. It jsut seems, going overseas* is another desperate attempt, so the parent companys do not have to pay its own citizens a salary and benefits* as wella s to conserve as much money as they can.
I cannot for the life of me, understand how america is sitlla round, business wise, and what kinda jobs are really out thier. GM/chevy gone, overseas....woolwroths was a funa nd awesome place to shop till the one near me fodled up in january 1996.. their still around, but in england* : (

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yup this is awful. Another amongst myriad reasons not to do business with the monster corp.

People need to know the truth about where goods come from and how they are produced.
Flag this thread ATS.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

The old adage will always be true. You get what you pay for. Americans need to stop paying for garbage and get quality local work.Would your child rather have 30 toys or 10 safe, quality toys that will last for years.

Well here is something else to consider about walmart. Saw this on one of those evening specials:

Wal mart has a supercomputer that rivals the pentagons. the second largest known I believe.

They know what you buy within 15 minutes after you buy it.

With their supercomputer, they figured out things like sales of strawberry poptarts go up drasticaly before a hurricane in the south.

Why would you want to shop anywhere where they know what you bought, within 15 minutes?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
When we stop protecting our children, we stop protecting the future of the world we live in.

What is going on today people?

Where is the compassion?

I thought this thread would be at the top of ATS quickly, but children seem to be low on the priority list these days.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Now that is just ridiculous. And im sure WalMart knew about it. Theyre "shocked" im suuure. I mean this stuff is happening in our own backyards, its just ridiculous. Walmart can expect alot of people not to buy there stuff anymore because of this.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Gee, what is the world coming to, when children are expected to help out on the family farm, ha. I can see it now, Obama making "chores" illegal (that will buy a lot of future votes, eh, ha). Be careful, man, you could find yourselves in prison for asking your children to take out the trash or mow the yard or clean the garage or make their bed.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Its not Walmart, its the farmer and the illegals he hires.

In mexico 5 year olds working in the field is common and when the illegals come to the US and are payed by the amount they harvest they automatically do what they did at home.

The state labor departments people tell these illegals that they can not work there kids. The farmers tell them, And as soon and they leave the illegals will put there kids back to work to make extra money.

In this case the libiral media is looking for any thing bad they can roast Walmart with.
I wonder how many illegal are working in the homes and doing the yards of these same media people.

Of the 30,000+ products sold by Walmart do you really expect Walmart to have people in the fields and factories world wide 24/7 watching for labor law violations.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Exactly some of the responses in this thread are down right stupid. I mean my god. These kids are picking fruit for crying out loud. It's not like they are working in a damn sweatshop in filthy conditions. Hell when I was a kid I was raking leaves, cutting grass, laying bricks in midwestern summers to make money. Would I have been a child laborer? Plus it's the parents of these kids who are making them work. Not Wal Mart. Sure WalMart might have turned a blind eye. They don't care. But let's put some of this blame on the parents who are putting their kids to work. Maybe more American kids need to go out into fields and pick fruit to realize just how good they have it. And I love how these snooty coffee barista looking hippy college elitists who've probably never done a hard days work of labor in their life is denouncing and exposing these kids. Bunch of hypocrites. Blueberries aren't going to pick themselves.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well it happened down the road a few miles and yes the kids were working and the parents were at fault not the farmer. If it would have been white childern or black the parents and everybody would be in jail but nearly all Mexican famileis work together . Everybody knows it and it promotes a good work ethic. Every store oe business operated by Hispanics you will see their childern wandering around and working. No news

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

They way the economy is going and job losses, US children will be picking very soon.

Careful what you wish for.

I agree nothing wrong with hard work, but young children need to be protected because they are so vulnerable. I also understand a family working together because did this most of my life from a young age, but there are limits.

The farmer lying, on camera, didn't help his cause for sure.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Realtruth]

new topics

top topics

join