It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Larry David Urinate on the Koran?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Regarding the recent brouha caused by "Seinfeld" creator Larry David "accidentally" peeing on an image of Jesus, Dr. Jamie Glazov of FrontPage Magazine points out that the reaction from the Christian world, while infuriated, has not been violent and sensibly asks whether or not David has the cajones to do the same thing with the Koran/Quran. What about an image of Mohammed?

In a recent Curb Your Enthusiasm episode, Larry David accidentally urinates on a picture of Jesus while he is a guest in someone else’s home. This, in turn, leads to a misunderstanding in which the homeowners think they have a miraculously weeping Jesus.

Some Christians are understandably upset.

Just some thoughts on what this episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm has revealed:

Are producers of this show, or Larry David, or anyone else connected to it fearing for their lives right now?

Are there Christian groups calling for the death of anyone in connection to this episode?

In comparison, let us say, to the Muhammad cartoons riots and death threats, what does this say about Islam and Christianity? Which faith is a Religion of Peace and which one is not?

Full Article: Would Larry David Urinate on the Koran? – by Jamie Glazov

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
David took heat for a Seinfeld episode and a mishap involving a Puerto Riccan flag, if I remember correctly.

He isnt afraid of anything. And, quite frankly, I imagine he sits back and laughs, just as I do, when people get all worked up about this stuff.

His work is SATIRE. Sometimes I think people miss that...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It may be satire and any clear thinking person can see that.

However the point the OP is trying to make is if anyone pokes fun at Islam, Mohammed or the Q'aran they become a viable targets for the EXTREMISTS that follow this belief and may well be attacked or killed.

No other belief system is that intolerant and blinkered offering violence and death to anybody who does not share their viewpoint.

Yes I know most followers of Islam are not that intolerant but there are enough that are.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Satire or not, I dropped HBO from my channel lineup yesterday because of this. I originally got miffed over Bill Mauer 8 years ago. Since then every so often they do something to irritate me...airing Janine Garofolo for one...but not enough for me to DO anything about it as they do have some series that I enjoy. Yesterday was the straw. While I am 100% certain they will continue with their blatant propaganda, they will be doing so without MY $15 per month.

BTW, I am surprised anyone was watching it to even let us know what happened....that show sucks out loud anyway, I have never been able to sit through an entire episode. But let's drop Rome and Carnivale...idiot executives.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm curious as to why the author needs to use this as yet another example against Islam (no, I'm not Muslim), it was a Jewish guy peeing on a picture of the Christian Christ, how is the Koran involved. Let's hurry and remind the world they should be angry at Muslims they're evil before the evangelicals quit sending money to Israel.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
with everything going on in the world today this really is a non-issue and will be forgotten about before next week, unless the MSM needs some kind of cover to prevent them from reporting on the latest drone attack on civilians.

celebrities are put out there to distract you. it doesnt matter if larry david pissed on jesus, or spaghetti monster, or balloon boys dad. just like captaintyinknots said - its satire. get over it, move on to an issue that contains some merit.

if some extremist shot larry because he pissed on a koran, its on nobody but the guy who couldnt control himself and pulled the trigger.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This is just another example of deflection. "This is how muslims are worse than us".

The guy is jewish, yet he has no issue making fun of jews. He's made fun of muslims. He made fun of Saddam. Get over it.

It's propaganda, and it's dissapointing to see so many buy into it.

And for the record, while it may not be your choice, it is considered to be one of the 20 greatest shows of all time by many.....

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by americanwoman

Pretty tough to understand the humor if you never even viewed an entire episode. LD is one of the funniest humans on the planet.

Even if jesus is real I'm willing to bet he didn't resemble that picture.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
My husband and I watch Curb every week. It's our favorite show. I can't see how people can get so offended by satire. Larry has a knack for offending people, intentionally, or unintentionally--but it's all done in humor.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldObserver

So basically you're saying that anyone who makes fun of Islam, is killed, eh? That Muslims are so backwards, violent that making a joke about their deity would cause them to go off the handle and murder someone.

The premise of this thread, is much more insensitive than the joke you're complaining about, because it's a joke, and you're serious.

[edit on 10/30/2009 by ZombieOctopus]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I dont know either religion to be one of peace.
From what I understand alot of people have lost their lives to warring for both throughout history.
The principals of the religion may be founded in "oneness and love" yet the human practice of forced implementation have killed many.
Larry David would be an a-hole for doing that to anyones belief.
It has about the same empathy and intelligence as giving meat to a vegan or free dancing lessons to stephan hawkings.
And we wonder where fanning the flames comes from?
He's an idiot.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Wasnt there a guy that traveled from somewhere in the middle east to america to kill his daughter for offending his religion. Wasnt another guys daughter just ran over for the same thing?

I fail to see how islamic extremists are not a problem..... i fail to see how all extremists are not a problem.... It just seems that muslims have a free pass on logic when there religious leaders TELL them to murder innocent people for violating a religious laws.

Where do we see that in the christian world? So yes, its easier to talk about how the christian god is a lie in public.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Isn't funny if people sh1t on the american flag, america wants to kill them, but when you guys do it, it lovely and great laugh.

Hypocrites.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Isn't funny if people sh1t on the american flag, america wants to kill them, but when you guys do it, it lovely and great laugh.

Hypocrites.

Well, that was certainly eloquent.....

apparently you arent familiar with larry david....he has been as critical as anyone of america and the american way.

Again, it's satire.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I will gladly urinate on any religious text.

Who cares?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Larry David is Jewish, Jesus was Jewish.
One Jew accidentally pee'd on a picture of another Jew.

Why is it that nobody is bashing the faithful Christian in the episode that saw fit to hang a picture of Jesus directly above the place where they defecate?

Culturally insensitive, yes. Malicious, I doubt it? Curb is an "edgy" series, which is why it's on HBO and not broadcast television.

Oh, and to whoever was pissed about them canceling ROME, I agree, that show was cool.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus

So basically you're saying that anyone who makes fun of Islam, is killed, eh? That Muslims are so backwards, violent that making a joke about their deity would cause them to go off the handle and murder someone...

[edit on 10/30/2009 by ZombieOctopus]

Yes, you are quite right. I could not have put it better myself. Thank you for such an eloquent response. Do you remember a few years ago when a cartoon of Mohammad nearly caused a war?

Yes, you are so correct – these people are backwards and violent – well put!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

I see what you're saying but the point, IMO was not to attack Islam but to make a valid point. This was pretty offensive, although I haven't seen the episode but I bet it was pretty funny. He's a genius. The valid point that he makes is:

If he would have pee'd on Allah or Muhammed the false prophet, then he would be getting death threats by now. That's the difference between the two largest religions on earth. One is full of extremists looking for an excuse to kill and intimidate and the other is not. I'm not a Christian by the way.

Edit to add that I know muslims personally and I know they aren't all violent. The religion of Islam though, at its heart is a violent outdated religion. It's like Christianity without the new testament. Islam never grew past the eye for an eye stage. If I thought it would do any good I would film myself pissing on the face of Mohammed and post it on youtube.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by amazing]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Oh, hi, I thought you would appreciate this latest story about how tolerant and peaceful Muslims can be:

Iraq dad ran over 'Westernised' daughter

An Iraqi immigrant accused of running down his daughter in Arizona with his car because she was becoming "too Westernised" has been arrested in Georgia, authorities say....

...Faleh Almaleki was upset that his daughter had become too "Westernised," had failed to live by traditional Muslim values and had disrespected the family....

Yes, Almaleki is a model citizen and Muslim...why don't more Christians run down their kids? Ummm, maybe becasue they are not insane....

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
My husband and I watch Curb every week. It's our favorite show. I can't see how people can get so offended by satire. Larry has a knack for offending people, intentionally, or unintentionally--but it's all done in humor.

You're right about that - its all very delicious dark comedy and I've snorted coffee through my nose laughing at Mr David's antics on more than one occasion (the Korean Bookie episode is pure class).

'Curb your enthusiasm' is probably one of the best television programmes out there - at least threads like this one are giving it some much deserved exposure.
Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join