It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Hidden Messages in Toys and Cartoons, Christmas Gifts to avoid!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Christmas is coming, and all you Parents, Aunts and Uncles out there will be looking for some nice gifts for the various children in your lives.

How about an educational one which allows you to teach them about the NWO, Illuminati and the All Seeing Eye?

Playmobil Pyramid Info

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b120bf6766cf.jpg[/atsimg]

Enter the mystical world inside the pyramid, and using the amulet key you can unlock the 6 hidden chambers. These include trap stairs, scorpion trap, secret chamber, burial chamber, trap door with slide and a secret treasure hiding place. The set also includes 4 Egyptian figures.

There's no denying the similarity to the Pyramid on the Dollar Bill:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b15739b35607.jpg[/atsimg]

Or How about a Book, has anyone read (my Nephew has this, it wasn't for ME!) Ten Little Dinosaurs Picture Book?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/61ee011ae4b7.jpg[/atsimg]

A cute book, helps to teach counting and is interesting. Until you look a little more closely and realise that out of 10 scenes depicted, about 8 (From memory) have Coke Bottles being held, buried or in view.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/14a57359653a.jpg[/atsimg]

Coke's idea of attracting prospective customers early?

And if you think that the makers of these wouldn't be so bold as to do this to our kids, think again!

Aladin says "Good teenagers take off their clothes!"

Lion King - 'SEX'

I'm not saying that our children are at risk, or will even be affected by these subtle messages, but then again, do we know for sure?

[edit on 30-10-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Good threa Kiwi as always.

Although I certainly agree that we should look out and be aware of these tools of propaganda, I think it is also important to introduce your children to this kind of thing.

But you need to educate them on these things and give them the tools to identify and block out such attempts to indoctrinate them. It's a matter of oversight and understanding, not fear.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
You are missing a few of the Disney ones, there is another one in Aladin When they pole vault across the roof tops, where he say's "Take of your clothes b****." and the phallus on The Little Mermaid movie cover.
I have seen the coke bottles in lots of other childrens books but I can't remember which ones.
Yes, you have to be careful, its all over.
Doll and and nintindo D.S. game says "Islam is light"
Edit to add link

[edit on 30-10-2009 by calstorm]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Big companies know the effects of subliminal advertising, that's for sure. The regular parent has no idea what they're fighting and even aware they're in a battle with corporations. From the minute the children are born they're under attack by big corporations.

There are numerous messages in Disney, both of the audio and visual level, including the "Penis Castle," to messages in Lion King, Aladdin, etc. The thought is, and if the corporations are doing it, I believe it, but the thought is, the quicker the sexuality is opened the quicker they can be manipulated into ANYTHING, with the right amount of fuel. I'd say it's an accurate theory.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Good threa Kiwi as always.

Although I certainly agree that we should look out and be aware of these tools of propaganda, I think it is also important to introduce your children to this kind of thing.

But you need to educate them on these things and give them the tools to identify and block out such attempts to indoctrinate them. It's a matter of oversight and understanding, not fear.

~Keeper

Cheers Keeper, I agree with you %100, it may be wiser to point these examples out to them (possibly not the sex references!), rather than live in fear and try to keep them in a bubble of sorts!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Yup, the sex references are not one you really need to point out as most children won't really get it until they are a little older (circa 9/10 ish.) but everything else can be shown and explained.

And it will make your child that much more intelligent and will make him question things at a young age, perhaps providing him with a sense of self quite young.

It's actually really comforting to see a child who is barely a decade old to point at the tv and yell propaganda when a commercial comes on. I wanted to cry the first time I heard by 12 year old say it.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

That is very encouraging. I have had moments of frustration at trying to point these thing out and having it turned on me as if I was the bad guy. I love my best friend dearly, but her and her daughter are so stubbornly unaware.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

If i'm honest i really don't think these examples are going to have an impact on children.

The eye of Horus on an Egyptian pyramid is......hardly world shattering.

A dinosaur drinking what looks like cola out of a bottle similar to what coke use is......hardly worlds shattering.

The Disney anomalies were fixed a long time ago and don't appear in the newest copies......hardly world shattering.

At the end of the day, any kid can just walk into the local newsagents and see much worse things on the front of magazines (and not just top shelf)

Advertising is everywhere too, inescapable at times.

However, there is a major problem with subliminals and advertising in todays society. They force nudity and sex on our kids nice and young in the hope that, as a result, they will get another Britney Spears ten years down the line.

Not enough is done about this in my opinion. It seems to have just been accepted as the 'norm' and ignored.

If it all rested on the current generation then i would be worried......

Peace.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

There is always a solution my friend. I suggest you ask her what she would like for Christmas and when she answers, I can guarantee it will be some messed up commercial that told her she wanted that product.

Show it to her mother, and that will make her a little more aware of what's going on on the tube of lies in the living room.

~keeper

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

The reason behind that is Capitalism. As a society we have accepted that business can do whatever they want because it's the "american Dream". This is what happens when we do not have proper oversight from the population at large.

WE should be deciding what is proper for our children or being able to limit the propaganda they encounter, something that is almost impossible today due to bill boards and radio as well as TV.

You can limit these things as much as you want, but until we as a society get fed up and demand better, nothing will change.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I read to my children.

One of the things I consistently run into when I read my children books that other people get them for presents - people with less filtering on commercialization that I do - is that many of these books have messages in them.

However, I've also noticed that most people are essentially illiterate to literary messages. So they cannot and do not break out the message. If they read the book at all before giving it to my children.

There are three consistent themes I see in these books aimed at children.

One - girls don't question authority, and girls are pretty - period.
Two - men are scary - usually directed at boys in boys books.
Three - There is an order to society and people do not question their "betters."

I usually find a way to lose these books after reading them a couple of times. I also discuss the content with my children, at their level.

Like this -
"What is the difference between the prima ballerina with the magic slippers, and the other girls?"
"Can any of the other girls learn to do what the prima ballerina does?"
"Do you really need a magic slipper to become as good as someone else?"
"Is the prima ballerina a better person than the other girls?"
"I think that practice will teach you to do those things - what do you think?"

As to the packaging enforcing gender roles, where girls are sexy and boys are scary - I REFUSE to have my boy associate manhood and being strong with being scary. If I hear "that's a boy/girl toy" so that means that they cannot play with it, I ask them what MAKES it a boy/girl toy. I ask them if it came in a different colour that they think makes it a genderized toy, that they would want to play with it.

I'll point out that their Daddy, Grandpa, Uncles who are very masculine like babies, or cook. That their aunts and mommy work with tools.

Being a gender, and having preferences is WAY different than being ENFORCED towards a gender role. I will not allow some jackass in a board room dictate what my children are allowed to be and like.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

And I thought good parenting was a thing of the past

I completely agree my friend and good on you for breaking your children out of the gender role cycle, it's plagued our society for far too long.

My hat goes off you to you Sir!

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
I've also noticed that most people are essentially illiterate to literary messages. So they cannot and do not break out the message. If they read the book at all before giving it to my children.

I agree here totally. Consumer and popular culture, things like imaginary ancient Egypt, an antique coke bottle, are iconic. I think the LION KING message said "SFX" for Special Effects. Sex does exist, no point in trying to keep it a secret. The kids aren't going to feel compelled to have orgies after seeing the word. It would be more noteworthy if things like this were never alluded to.

How people are represented, male and female, family role models, rewards or punishment for assertiveness and independent thinking, leadership and control - are areas where kids are working out their personality and interfacing issues.

A confusing time for children. A lot of conflict on what they are told is right, and what they see in their fiction.

Mike

[edit on 30-10-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This just sickens me to no end. Those that make money obviously have no souls.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Great thread, Kiwi! S&F.

For some supplemental information, here are two more examples of things I've noticed after having children and seeing the [not so] subtle programming of the Disney and Nickelodeon channels.

Disney example of one world unification. Listen to the lyrics closely:

Nickelodeon example of Illuminati symbolism:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I must be one of the Illuminutty then, because that Playmobil Pyramid totally rocks. If my daughter was younger, I'd buy it for her in a heart-beat.

Christmas time for my daughter has always been an odd exercise in conscientious shopping. Thankfully my daughter has always had peculiar interests. Since she was 7 she'd rather have High-Powered Rockets, Telescopes, Microscopes, Chemistry Kits, et cetera. When she asked me at age 10 for a Web-Cam for Christmas I almost panicked until she explained that she wanted to build a micro-satellite to have launched into orbit and the Web-Cam had to be Serial, not USB so she could hook it up to the components she was building. That was acceptable, as my first thought was that she was wanting to get naughty with pervy old men online.

Now that she's 12 she'd rather have books...lots of books. Granted, she's into the same kind of books I read when I was her age...Neil Gaiman, Graphic Novels, Vampire Novels, Manga, and such...but at least she's reading instead of vegging in front of an XBox360 or rotting her brain on television.

Parenting is by no means dead. My generation seems to take parenting very seriously, but we do have different parenting values than previous generations. We take a more active role in participating with our children rather than leaving them to their own devices, or coddling them as perma-infants for all of their life. Ever since my daughter could talk she's lead a Bachelor's life with her father. We drink beer (rootbeer for her), eat pizza, and would watch Rated-R Zombie flicks, and then talk about it afterward. She's enjoyed the privilege, since age 3 of being treated as an equal, regardless of her age...and she's more mature for it (although as a self-aware, responsible, grown-up kid). We do Science Projects together, and share mutual interests together. The thought of telling my own daughter to do her own thing and keep herself busy is a foreign concept to me, even though I was raised that way. Instead, I take an active role in keeping aware of what my daughter's interests are, and our time together is spent revolving around projects that promote those interests. If I need to get something done that can't involve her, I just wait until she goes to sleep.

Still, the thought of sheltering her from hidden messages in Toys is something to be concerned with, but I don't think of it the same way as most. Illuminutty symbols are fine by me (especially if they are pseudo-Egyptian, since my major in college with Archaeology/Papyrology/Egyptology) and even Coke bottles showing up in a book are fine by me too...but I'll never get my daughter a Barbie Doll or a Disney Movie if my life depended on it! When my daughter went through her short-lived Doll phase, we got her Laura Croft (from Tomb Raider), Elektra, Selene (from Underworld), and Princess Padme (from Star Wars) dolls. I'd rather my daughter be self-empowered and self-confident than have a negative body-image and learn to be shallow and co-dependent to an emotionally detached pseudo-gay Ken.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

1) What exactly is hidden or subliminal about a pyramid?

2) Many coke bottles.. ok, maybe used to sell cola. i dont see any big deal about it though. Capitalism for ya.

3) Pretty weak, but even if he said to take off clothes, i have never heard of anyone who ever did.

4) Reading the word "sex" does nothing exept maybe for americans and countries that write the word like that.. this movie was intended for the entire world. But what would reading it do? But its been said from the start that it doesnt even say sex... it says SFX, and is a signature by the effects animation team.

Basicly, if this is the best you could find, id say there VERY little to be worried about. If you want to find something bad enough, you will eventually find it.. you might even start to see things everywhere (like those people who see jesus in bread and trees) But its all still pretty weak.

Keep looking, good luck.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Great thread, Kiwi! S&F.

For some supplemental information, here are two more examples of things I've noticed after having children and seeing the [not so] subtle programming of the Disney and Nickelodeon channels.

Disney example of one world unification. Listen to the lyrics closely:

Nickelodeon example of Illuminati symbolism:

Thanks! Those vids are freaky!

There is quite literally no other reason for inserting an all seeing eye/pyramid in the scenes that they are in - except NWO symbolism.

And as for 'One World', very catchy for young kids I'd imagine!

It's so subtle you'd miss it, but thank goodness there are people out there finding this stuff, and people like you posting it!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Wow, I hafta say I am pretty impressed by your style of parenting and me and you a quite alike when it comes to such things.

I too have treated my children as equals from a very young age. It promotes self confidence, decision making and taking responsibility for ones actions.

And good on you for focusing your time around her interests, the positive ones and making sure she is following through with those projects.

If I might ask, which generation do you speak of?

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daniem

1) What exactly is hidden or subliminal about a pyramid?

See the Golden top, with the Eye of Horus, that represents knowledge, gained by a select few, that sit on top of a pyramid (society), in which normal people are at the bottom.

2) Many coke bottles.. ok, maybe used to sell cola. i dont see any big deal about it though. Capitalism for ya.

When i read this book to my 4 year old nephew, after every page, when I had finished the text, pointed out the colours and did the counting, we looked for the coke bottles (His idea). I'm not sure if you have kids, but coke isn't the best idea for them, and combining the notion of coke and learning is not a great idea either.

3) Pretty weak, but even if he said to take off clothes, i have never heard of anyone who ever did.

yeah, it's a good idea for kids subconscious brains to hear that they should take their clothes off!

4) Reading the word "sex" does nothing exept maybe for americans and countries that write the word like that.. this movie was intended for the entire world. But what would reading it do? But its been said from the start that it doesnt even say sex... it says SFX, and is a signature by the effects animation team.

I'll give you that, but even IF it is SFX, it can be read as SEX, which again, cannot be a good thing!

I guess you just disagree! Cool man!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join