It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Halloween get-up ever! I love these guys!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Haaaa these guys rule! Every iPhone nerds dream....lol Maybe my bf should be an iPhone and I Princess Leia as a slave for Jabba...a match of costumes made in heaven!!

Everyone who knows me knows I love my iPhone. These guys made full size working iPhone costumes for Halloween.. They are using flat screen tvs and I am assuming their own iphones are attached.

LMAO!!

This all started two years ago Reko Rivera and Bobby Hartman created a wearable large iPhone costume with a real 37" lcd tv. An iPod was attached with a looping video of a real iphones screen in normal use. This time with the help of John Savio and John Matthews the team created yet another amazing rendition of the new iPhone 3GS. Savio loved the original idea but wanted to take it to the next level and make it thinner and actually work with user input! With some heavy researching and some solid determination Savio finally found a solution. He managed to modify the software on the iPhone to allow a live dual image output to the large 42" lcd tv while maintaining the image in landscape mode. Reko originally came up with the idea and really pushed to see his vision come to life two years ago. This year John and Reko plan to compete in most of the local and online contest to win back all the money they invested in the costumes. The team has about $2000 into the two costumes and has no regrets!

I would have to vote for them but sadly the ones who dress in costumes like male and female anatomy always win. I personally think they shouldnt be allowed to enter! I mean seriously what happened to creativity winning?

The source is on the youtube page. It wont let me put youtube as a source, the code wont work. I saw this on HLN and was only able to find it on youtube.

Here is a site but they got their info it seems from youtube as well..
iPhone Guy

[edit on 10/30/2009 by mblahnikluver]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Check this one out..

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Haaa love it! Now if only he could drive away now, that would be awesome!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Everyone who knows me knows I love my iPhone. These guys made full size working iPhone costumes for Halloween.. They are using flat screen tvs and I am assuming their own iphones are attached.

[edit on 10/30/2009 by mblahnikluver]

I wonder how much they spent making those. They're totally incredible. I mean, I suppose they can use the TVs again, but I'm not sure how much they had to modify them for the costume.

And you mentioned the male/female anatomy ones. I tried to get the hubby to do the outlet/plug costumes but he woulnd't go for it. Do you have any other good couple costume ideas? I mean something totally original?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Oh, man. Hubz loved that one. He's obsessed with transformers. He'd probably choose Optimus Prime, though.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
And not that tese costumes are hi-tech or fancy or anything, but they were like childhood icons for me. I loved them.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Morbo the Annihilator

Hands down, those are my absolute favourite costumes EVER!

Now then, should I make one an walk down the high street in it? I think the vote is yep-yep-yep-yep-yep...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by purehughness
Hands down, those are my absolute favourite costumes EVER!

Now then, should I make one an walk down the high street in it? I think the vote is yep-yep-yep-yep-yep...

Man, aren't they great? Ohhhhh, such memories.

Just remember to go up to people and say "Earth person TALL" "yep yep yep yep. Uh-huh, Uh-huh"

This is probably my favorite clip:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Morbo the Annihilator

Hehehe awesome!

This is the one I remember:

...And now I work in a bookshop! Coincidence? I think not! Brainwashing at its best

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by purehughness

Book book book book book sounds so much like bawk bawk bawk bawk. I laughed. Sounded like chicken noises.

And I had forgotted about the nope nope nope nope nope.

Interesting connection with the bookstore. Not sure if it totally applies, but I'm a biochemist and I used to LOVE Beaker from the muppets. So who knows?

new topics

top topics

join