It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican condemns Hallowe'en as anti-Christian

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
I laugh at anyone who says there is no God or devil. There is and if you believe otherwise, you must educate yourselves or you will be a pawn in the BIGGEST game of all.

I laugh at anyone who believes in God. Seeing as it was the romans (aka the vatican) that used the bullsh*t story of God to control the masses in the first place!

The fact that the bible is based on astrology I believe to be true. I see no evidence of a God as such to believe otherwise.

The vatican love to wave their little crosses around and tell u practices like Halloween are worshipping the devil. The only evil I see is from the vatican itself. Over hundreds of years they have used the fear of pain and death over the masses and said that God commands it.

What utter Rubbish!!!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by silver tongue devil
reply to post by Tayesin

No you missed my point.

It has become what it became.

Knowledge of the tradition is erroneous.

So way back when it was a wholesome Christian holiday, and even before that it was a pagan tradition... Now ask the children the historical significance of that transition..

My point was the past is the past. Knowledge of the pagan roots doesn't hold relevance to the modern meaning that evolved from it.

This holiday is for the children primarily. It's for horny adults secondly. A very distant third is sticklers to historical tradition and the churchy folk that want to cry about it.

Its really got nothing to do with an historical perspective friend. That is not my point, the "we should do it this way because this is how it was done in the past" thing.

My point is the why we do it. The meaning behind the ritual no matter what form it may take over time is still there and I think it fine to inform people why we do it. Otherwise we are simpletons following something like Sheeple with no understanding of why.

There's the dilemna, to be Sheeple or to be Aware of what we do and why.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

Who cares what the Vatican thinks - The best thing I think they can do is to sell the Vatican to take care of the poor people of the world - Such a gesture would earn my respect.

It also demonstrates how strong our Pagan beliefs were and still are - They are still prevelant after centuries of oppression.
Most people in England don't actually realize that the Romans forced us into Christianity. They also gave us concrete and Policemen need I say more.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Uhh..... Right

So let me get this straight. The Vatican warn about the dangers of Halloween to children - yet they fail to warn families to the ample dangers of their own pedophile priests. Says it all really!

IRM :shk:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

did you notice that "tornado" knock over a "steeple" that was grand, and planned. coincidince i think not! but who are you to blot?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
lets your anger raise a vatican that may praise, themselves as saints, when all have sinned. it aint goin over to well, hell, what is that smell, what is south of here??? north, because THIS IS HELL, WELCOME SITH LORD!!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
star warz = lazer beam= lay z beam = "focused light" Z is 1 otuside the box because HI Z LOOK AT ME, you lay z beam, you will get what i give you and nothing more, decieve and receive, thats the bet!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
like a mason, always tryin to move bricks!!! don't they know they are the reason my little joey can't get that kidney transplant!!! better correct yourself before you get wrecked yourself!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I'm no fan of the RCC, but I have to say they are at least consistent in what I see as their hypocrisy/double standards.

As far as the roots of cristmas/easter etc being in paganism, well that's kind of true.

The "myth" of Christ - or the RCC version of it, promulgated when the first bibles were written, tie in with the first ecumenical council of Constantinople and the reason why the First pope was Constantine.

Before Christ came along, the Romas pretty much bumbled along worshipping various deities but in particular, one called Mithras.

Mithras was;
born from a rock within a cave, and his birth was witnessed by a group of shepherds,

responsible for a type of transubstantiation,

an attraction for people from all walks of life, breaking the class divide,

the founder of a chhurch, where followers met in caves (as per the birth)

a deity with various holy days, including the 25th Dec,

a religion which had priests which oversaw the religion (or cult) and handed down traditions,

a religion which held SUNday to be its holy day,

a deity born on earth who looked after man even after ascending to the heavens,

persecuted and sentenced to death in his time on earth before his ascension to "heaven"

See any similarities here?

Mithras was stamped out and incorporated into the new religion of Christianity because it represented a threat.

The RCC of course know this, but arguing with them about it is like trying to juggle water - not worth the effort.

Before anyone decides to try and jump on my back and flame me for this, I speak as an EX catholic, despite the pope saying that I can never leave his church.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable

Originally posted by AshleyD
I don't have a problem with their stance on such a thing. It's not like they're demanding all Halloween displays be removed from public view like several groups try to do to Christian holiday displays. They're not trying to pass any laws or issuing any threats of excommunication. They're not filing suits around the globe to halt Halloween.

They're simply issuing a release to their fellow Catholics concerning the holiday. It's 'in-house' advice so to speak. Nothing untoward about that.

How do you feel about them taking an oath to protect pedophiles? Then moving pedophiles around to evade detection. Any outrage there? Pretty amazing how one second they slime kids for participating in Halloween and the next second molest them. And don't give me any 'isolated cases' bunk, some researchers claim as many as 50% of catholic priests are pedophiles.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by reasonable]

Do you have any citations to verify this so called research? Preferably from a source that is not a Christophobe with an agenda to grind. Not a week goes by that a female public school teacher isn't charged with molesting a child but do you jump on the bandwagon every time public school is mentioned and say they're all a bunch of pedophiles?

No, what AshleyD said is correct, the ONLY people that a Vatican directive would apply to are Catholics. If you are not a Catholic it doesn't apply to you. It is far more likely you are simply another Christophobe looking for any opportunity to criticize or bash Christianity any way you can.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Well there's Crimen Sollicitationis which you can read here and which was implemented and enforced by the current pope when he was Cardinal Ratzinger.

That's not bashing anyone, that's FACT.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
What hypocrisy!! A church with its origins deeply rooted in mystery religions from Babylon, Sol Invictus and solar worship. Not to mention deep roots in paganism, with a nice light overcoating of christianity.

What a joke.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Jesus Christ would not approve of any churches here on earth.

I hope Jesus comes with Grey Aliens from the Federation and puts a stop to this world madness once and for all.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

How do you feel about them taking an oath to protect pedophiles? Then moving pedophiles around to evade detection. Any outrage there? Pretty amazing how one second they slime kids for participating in Halloween and the next second molest them. And don't give me any 'isolated cases' bunk, some researchers claim as many as 50% of catholic priests are pedophiles.

This is what I think about it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oops. Egg on your face.
I like to take issues on a case-by-case basis unlike others who have to group all things together.

So, to me, the Vatican issuing a release on Halloween: Fair.
The Vatican and their handling of sex abuse: I really wish they'd get in there and clean house for real.

Sorry you jumped to conclusions assuming I'd actually defend pedophilia. Or that you had to bring it up when that was not the topic of this discussion.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

It's a fair point.

And like I said, the vatican is consistent in this (as in other things) as they say pretty much the same thing every year.

As much as it is only a guideline for practicing catholics, it has little or nothing to do with anyone outside the church.

I would, however, direct your attention to my previous post, and the author and enforcer of Crimen Sollicitationis previously known as cardinal ratzinger, and now pope.

Of course he is allowed to change his mind, and his views, but given that he was responsible for the policy outlined in the document, it smacks a little of lip serivce.

However, this "edict" is an annual one - it's just the hypocrisy of what the vatican picks and chooses as "pagan" that sticks in the craw somewhat.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Just for the sake of completeness, it isn't only the Catholic Church that condemns the practice of Halloween:

www.cogwriter.com...

Catholics and Protestants Approve and Condemn Halloween

The link above contains numerous articles concerning both Protestant Churches and the Catholic Church condemning the pagan Holiday. Early Christians also condemn it. As some members have stated, even the traditions of Christmas come from pagan holidays.
Personally, I don't have a problem with children "trick or treating", as over the years, the original meaning certainly has been lost on most people.

For those who just can't wait for a thread like this, though, to bash the Church and Christianity, why are you so angry?
If you don't like either, don't belong. Nobody is forcing you to belong. You have a choice. It seems, though, that some of you would like to DENY that choice to others. Don't you have better things to do, than wallow in hatred?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I just wouldn't feel right celebrating Halloween without the Vatican condemning it.

Thanks guys!

Originally posted by sphinx551
I hope Jesus comes with Grey Aliens from the Federation and puts a stop to this world madness once and for all.

No kidding!

[edit on 31-10-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
lol this is funny. most people know that none of the hoildays are really christain.

cant wait to see the vatican tell the wolrd how unchristian chrismas is lol

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Even groundhog's day has pagan origins. Should we ban that as well? Pretty much every "holy day" we celebrate is based on pagan celebrations and rituals. The elite have always been pagans. Even the jewish leaders of jesus' time were practicing occult rituals, not of Godly origin but godly origin.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mostlyspoons

god of mooses aint the same god that of the vatican

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join