It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican condemns Hallowe'en as anti-Christian

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by Camilo1

OMG and you would damm kids from having fun on one time of te year that they can, without being doctorined into a believe, if you d not do as the Head ot the Vatican doctorines, you are dammed. Oh please, give me a break.

If that is the case, then he as pope should have not drmatised the birth of christ or wear a santa hat which he did do so.

He as the so called Vicar off Christ has a cheek! He has dammed his own soul by worshiping false idols.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Laurauk]

I don´t have kids but when I do I will make certain they have enough fun not to think that halloween is a big deal. Only God can damn you, according to my beliefs.

Thanks for your post.

C.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Isn't the Vatican Pagans themselves at the core? Seriously this is a farce

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx
Isn't this a holiday for having fun dressing up in a "Masquerade" or sort? Yeah, some kids dress up like ghosts,etc... but I think there is more that dress up like their favorite Hollywood movie character, super hero, etc...

No it's not.

All Hallows Eve is something celebrated for millenia before Christianity ever arose in the middle east!!

It was a celebration of Life, a feast with family inviting their departed loved ones to a final meal, to rejoice in Life as a signal that they are to move into the Light and so continue their own journey of life.

Why it has been bastardized by the U.S into what it has become today.. a consumerists event to sell stuff (costumes, garbage..sweets) and take it away from what it orignally was meant to be, is far beyond me. Even here in Oz people have been pushing to copy the U.S. version of Halloween... mostly business seeing it as another "special selling day". Consumerism, how typical.

Would you believe that here in Oz, it is done at the same time as in the U.S.? Given the reason of it's original timing, we should practice it six months later than the northern hemisphere!!

The church has been against All Hallows Eve since discovering it was practised in many countries as the "new religion" spread. And like all other things existing before the Holy Roman Church it was usurped and then forbidden.

How funny then that they are still trying to prevent it from happening, even this lowly version being imported from the U.S.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

What is has become

is what it is

accept it

or change it

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by silver tongue devil
reply to post by Tayesin

What is has become

is what it is

accept it

or change it

Yes, the perfect reply. Thank you.

It has become what it has become because few know the real tradition and therefore follow the Trend.

Given this, I suppose I am trying to change it. One voice, not much chance of success.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Friends get your TP, your Eggs and your paper bags of dog doo. It's time to march on the Vatican!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Hmmm, well I don't form opinions myself, so I will take to heart everything and anything the vatican says.

Ergo, kids come knocking on my door, i'm gonna take a bible and beat them with the lord jesus!

Lol, it's funny how many people will do such.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I apologise if I offend Roman Catholics, but the Vatican and the Pope surely represent the most hypocritical religion on earth, and that is saying a lot, because I believe that all religions are hypocritical.

As for Halloween - churches in our city are celebrating Light instead of darkness. A lot of children are participating right now - dressed as fairies and other creatures of light.

I do believe that emphasising the dark side is bad, and invites the dark side in.

I believe that churches are sadly misguided, but a lot of them try to do their best.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

No you missed my point.

It has become what it became.

Knowledge of the tradition is erroneous.

So way back when it was a wholesome Christian holiday, and even before that it was a pagan tradition... Now ask the children the historical significance of that transition..

My point was the past is the past. Knowledge of the pagan roots doesn't hold relevance to the modern meaning that evolved from it.

This holiday is for the children primarily. It's for horny adults secondly. A very distant third is sticklers to historical tradition and the churchy folk that want to cry about it.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
all the persons in the bible are dead ,
all saints are dead
jesus is dead

i take it we are only to celebrate the word of god spoken by the pope...

christians be they chatolic, protestant or ev.lut are a funnie bunch , first they steal all their holydays from pagans then they denounce the ORIGINS then they implement it as their truth.

long live hitler jugent ss pope.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Who cares if the Vatican says this or that? The thing that baffles me is why all the Christophobes come out of the closet to condemn the Vatican.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Jesus Christ would not approve of any churches here on earth.

That is not what He was about.

And the churches that use His Name are wrong.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The vatican is not in touch with reality and has really lost it's influence over the last 100 years IMO. I am not Catholic but how can I take anything the Vatican says seriously since their own Priests have abused CHILDREN and the church simply covered it up without hesitation....please spare me the lesson on Halloweeen.

The Vatican should worry about the abuse of children at the hands of their own. That is my rant for the day.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Hey Signal, your avatar fits the descriptions best...I believe that in a way the priest is correct about Halloween and how it does affect your children. First, set aside ignorance and accept the fact that candy (Sugar) does suppress your immune system. Most kids get a large supply of this and consumes it throughout the winter season. this is also the time of year when kids get sick the most and have the highest mortality rate.
sugars affect your immune system

Candy causes violent crimes (terror)

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
I don't have a problem with their stance on such a thing. It's not like they're demanding all Halloween displays be removed from public view like several groups try to do to Christian holiday displays. They're not trying to pass any laws or issuing any threats of excommunication. They're not filing suits around the globe to halt Halloween.

They're simply issuing a release to their fellow Catholics concerning the holiday. It's 'in-house' advice so to speak. Nothing untoward about that.

How do you feel about them taking an oath to protect pedophiles? Then moving pedophiles around to evade detection. Any outrage there? Pretty amazing how one second they slime kids for participating in Halloween and the next second molest them. And don't give me any 'isolated cases' bunk, some researchers claim as many as 50% of catholic priests are pedophiles.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by reasonable]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Sense says...

The Devil would like nothing more then to discredit the catholic religion. I Think you should take the advice with a grain of salt. I do know that kids are growing up way to fast. I think that some parents have lost touch with the values that their parents have gave them. They should reflect on there past experiance and make the best judgment. instead of the whole world deciding what is best for their kids.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Glad I'm a non-denominational protestant
I love halloween

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousMoose

I do not know what the problem is, Catholics can drink and gamble at church picnics. What is wrong with kids getting candy?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
halloween has NOTHING to do with the devil. It was started by the Irish. they would come(they being the poor) and ask for food and it was thought that if u had extra food and didn't give it to the poor then one of the God's would kill you. the poor where ashamed so they dressed up. get it? the Greeks had a similar hallowed. and also all sants day was on Halloween before.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Amanuel here. Holloween is not anti-christian. i purpose to you that it is in fact more cristian that christmas! it celebrates those who are reasting in christ!! and praying for those who are not! meanwhle, christmas is about getting prizes for "being good (to society)"

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join