It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican condemns Hallowe'en as anti-Christian

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well, at least the Vatican didn't claim that demons infest Halloween candy like Pat Robertson's website did.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I suspect the Vatican does not care for Halloween because they regard it as an American secular celebration. They will not attack the macabre aspects of El Día de los Muertos or day of the dead in Mexico (not that they should) because that is the celebration of a Catholic country. There is probably a little tit for tat in this. You secularists are banning our nativity scenes; we will just not celebrate Halloween with you. On a side note one of the Catholic churches in my area is offering its members free flue vaccines.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
I suspect the Vatican does not care for Halloween because they regard it as an American secular celebration. They will not attack the macabre aspects of El Día de los Muertos or day of the dead in Mexico (not that they should) because that is the celebration of a Catholic country. There is probably a little tit for tat in this. You secularists are banning our nativity scenes; we will just not celebrate Halloween with you. On a side note one of the Catholic churches in my area is offering its members free flue vaccines.

No, the Vaticant has been out to quash Halloween since the inception of Catholicism.

Check out this link for a history of Halloween...just in case you missed it on page 3.

How History Shaped Halloween

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It's not difficult to see why the Church would be against it. However, I was raised Catholic as where my parents, grandparents, etc. and I know my parents and their siblings all participated every year, and before them my grandparents went to different parties (the door to door thing was not common). Honestly, there are a lot of Catholics in my area, and I haven't seen anyone changing their plans due to the announcement. But as I said before I think there has been a change even in how American's celebrate it. The holiday for the kids to play dress up and run all over town collecting as much candy as possible, I totally support. The one of lately where you find your costume in the lingerie department and its all about the adults not so much.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The Vatican Church should have no right to condemn anything.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LibertyLover
Well, at least the Vatican didn't claim that demons infest Halloween candy like Pat Robertson's website did.

Yes they certainly do, illuminati nuki demons and their corporations. As an example, the candy is toxic, far more so than the rest of the year. The reeces peicess bag of bars I bought and couldnt keep horded in the trunk of my car that long, and took out had so much salt poured in, i almost gagged. Lots of brand names change around halloween and put a lot of tainted crapola they pawn off on children. I wonder if the salt was a special chemical derivative of the normal, and even more toxic than it is in the body.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
illuminati nuki demons and their corporations.

In my opinion, Illuminati = Old Empire.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
"You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments." (RSV Exodus 20:3-6).

Sorry old Pope old pal...

Catholics and Christianity don't mix.

I am a Christian and in no way offended by Halloween, it's just a bit of fun every year.... Regardless, people of all religions celebrate Christian holidays, why should we not be able to celebrate in other peoples?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

Wow, its doctrine like this that ruined my childhood, as a kid my Father was so superstitious he believed Halloween to be a glorification of Satan and refused to let us go out and get candy.

I hate how Christianity gets to pretend it isn't a primitive or pagan religion, its based on the human blood sacrifice of an innocent man. If human sacrifice doesn't at least denote your religion as a creepy cult how about that cannibalistic communion ritual where they drink the blood of their suffering sacrificed savior. YUCK!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
You secularists are banning our nativity scenes

Well - let me set up my Space Ship and Jesus was an Alien scene on your counties lawn - then we can talk.

Don't know of any nativity scenes banned on private property - unless there were permit issues.

Sorry - just couldn't let that pass.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This is hilarious, especially since that Jesuit priest, Malachi Martin, claimed that Satanism has been practiced in the Vatican.
I figure this pronouncement is all for show. They know that they're expected to denounce Halloween.

Satanism in the Vatican

[edit on 30-10-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

Yes, they were the ones who caused so much pain and misery in the cosmos, but they're not going to continue these unending cycles.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by StevenDye
I am a Christian and in no way offended by Halloween, it's just a bit of fun every year.... Regardless, people of all religions celebrate Christian holidays, why should we not be able to celebrate in other peoples?

I think it's this mindset Christianity has: "You follow us or you shall be damned."
Remember people, religion ruins your minds.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Still waiting on the Vatican to declare catholocism anti-Christian...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
If you are not a catholic then what is the problem with this message?. If you are a Catholic then you should abide by the laws of your church and if you don´t like it, then adopt a new religion.

No big deal for me.

I usually don´t agree with the catholic church, but as a Christian I agree with them on this one, halloween should not be celebrated by people of my faith regardless of their denomination.

Just my two cents.

C.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Camilo1]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Camilo1

OMG and you would damm kids from having fun on one time of te year that they can, without being doctorined into a believe, if you d not do as the Head ot the Vatican doctorines, you are dammed. Oh please, give me a break.

If that is the case, then he as pope should have not drmatised the birth of christ or wear a santa hat which he did do so.

He as the so called Vicar off Christ has a cheek! He has dammed his own soul by worshiping false idols.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
the discovery news site gave some interesting insights for all those anti-catholics out there who think catholasism is steeped in paganism

"By the 8th century, Pope Gregory III declared November 1 as "All Saints Day," a day to honor all saints and martyrs, which had been previously celebrated in the spring. It's believed this was another attempt at a church-sanctioned holiday to overrule pagan festivals."

- TO OVERRULE.

the church chose these dates to place Christian feast days in order to stamp out the paganism that existed

"By 1000 A.D., the church was still not satisfied that the old beliefs of Samhain had died out. Recognizing that a day to honor the dead resonated with many people and cultures, the church tried again to replace these ancient traditions with a Christian day of feast."

instead of accusing the church of paganism maybe those americans should take a closer look at the masonic paganism that is indemic in both america's inception and its current morthesis into a new world 'pagan' order, with a satanic theosophy and pagan nature worship as its religion

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I wish someone got rid of halloween. Not because of its so-called antichristian sentiments, but just because it's overly annoying.

I mean, it's just a day where a bunch of kids come knocking at your door asking for stuff. It just does nothing but gets on my nerves. Not that I get that many trick or treaters. Perhaps one or two small groups per year.

Oh well, there's not much I can do about it. I just hope all the paedophiles stay locked up in their homes and don't go about trying to abduct children.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This is not anything to worry about, it's just the obligatory "Halloween is evil" message that the vatican and other christian denominations spout every year around this time.

Anyway, I wonder what is more scary? dressing up as a ghoul or an evil NWO elite banker?

Man, Halloween is my favorite celebration, if just because it is the only day when I can safely scare children without having to worry about parents calling the cops on me.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iago18...they are clearly doing this out of concern, not oppression.

If they were so concerned about the children, why not stop buggering them and protecting their abusers?

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Grumble]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join