It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syringe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
This man, I need not explain, but It's a TED video.

He proposes a new way to make the syringes, and exposes how many people are killed from the syringe reuses.

A Issue I had with mother teresa.

I can only Imagine how many lives could be saved with this invention.

Kids collect used syringes to reuse them, and later infect others with diseases.

Ultimately selling them for higher prices, then a sterile syringe.

The new syringe, is incapable of being reused, because it's broken, at a try of reusing it.

It costs about 5 cents. Cheap.

A truly great reinvention, it would take a while to implement, but would dramatically, change lives, of people who wouldn't of lived without it.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
such a simple idea but works perfectly. It wouldn't do anything about the sharp end, but with the entire syringe useless, there would be no reuse. Brilliant. Thanks for sharing this.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
such a simple idea but works perfectly. It wouldn't do anything about the sharp end, but with the entire syringe useless, there would be no reuse. Brilliant. Thanks for sharing this.

I give blood, within the given time periods allowed to.

And I wish we'd adopt the Mosquito Syringe.

Those things though, aren't as painful as the finger prick!

It's a simple idea, but a great one at that, How many lives saved, from a simple idea!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Well, the people who reuse syringes, aren't going to buy the ones that prevent reuse. Unless you completely remove the other types, this product is not going to solve the problem.

In many countries, money is critical. They simply don't have the ability to pay for new syringes, and they aren't going to do it. If they wanted to prevent the reuse, all they'd have to do is cram the needle against a hard surface to render it useless. That's what my doctor does, then puts the destroyed device into a "sharps" box clearly marked with a "biohazard" symbol. But if he were trying to pinch pennies, he wouldn't do all that. He'd run it under water, maybe toss it into an alcohol jar to "sterilize" it, and use it again.

The thing to do, I'd say, is to ensure that these countries had all the syringes they need, so no one felt it would be a good idea to recycle them. That's about the only way you're going to see this unsafe practice stopped. It's got to make financial sense to them, or they won't do it.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

The video explains this thought.

The kids go and pick them up, until they un useable.

Now If we implement the new un reuseable needles, then maybe not now, but in the near future, we could stop this.

We obviously can't or will not, help a country out to its fullest, as we're not the world doctors and police, but making it impossible to reuse a dirty needle, would do a ton of good, not just there, but back home, with druggies reusing syringes, it'd have extreme effects.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

when I saw how it worked, I was amazed at how simple it was. This could have been done years ago. It just makes you say "duh, I should have thought of that."

top topics

join