It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House health bill clocks in at 1,990 pages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Why not just make it an even 2,000 pages? I think they are trying to make it seem like we are getting a bargain at 1,990. 1990 was a good year BTW.

It runs more pages than War and Peace, has nearly five times as many words as the Torah, and its tables of contents alone run far longer than this story.

The House health care bill unveiled Thursday clocks in at 1,990 pages and about 400,000 words. With an estimated 10-year cost of $894 billion, that comes out to about $2.24 million per word. .

www.politico.com...

All I can say is WOW. This isn't even the final version yet. This is what happens when the Dems. meet in secret closed door meetings. How they can find more BS to write is beyond me.

Democrats handpick reform bill audience

To add insult to an already severe injury...

House Democrats blocked the public from attending the unveiling ceremony of their health care bill Thursday morning, allowing only pre-approved visitors whose names appeared on lists to enter the event at the West Front of the Capitol.

The audience at the crowded press conference included Hill staffers, union workers, health care providers and students, said House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who thanked them for attending.

www.washingtontimes.com...

WHY????

[edit on 30-10-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Everyone was complaining about a thousand page bill so they listened to the people and added some more. Great work.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
At 400,000 words not quite as long as War and Peace. I bet it's not quite as good either.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Oh let's just have some more fun with the closed door unveiling of this disaster. Sadly, it was not a transparent event as was promised
Invite and RSVP only. Point taken. I'm starting to lose count of my points.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I don't know what's more of a joke - this bill or the Obamatrons who think this bill will actually help US healthcare.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
What are you whining about? It's online now, and now the debate begins.
I swear, people take that open and transparent bull dunk way too far.

It's online now, read it, write your reps, tell them what you think of it. Just because they didn't put a camera up each committee persons rear end doesn't mean you have been shut out completely.

A lot of people are up in arms about this bill. If you don't like it, it's your obligation to tell your reps that you don't like it.

Just sitting there whining about not seeing every fart these reps make doesn't mean they aren't being transparent. Fact of the matter is it's online right now for you to view.

Other than that, guess we will have to require all reps to have a 24 hour camera feed set up through their eyeballs.

www.opencongress.org...

This is the big health care reform bill in the House of Representatives that will be debated and voted on during the week of November 2nd. It is the final, reconciled version of the health care bill that was amended by three House committees over the summer. Broadly, it seeks to expand health care coverage to the approximately 40 million Americans who are currently uninsured by lowering the cost of health care and making the system more efficient. To that end, it includes a new government-run insurance plan (a.k.a. a public option) to compete with the private companies, a requirement that all Americans have health insurance, a ban on denying coverage because of a pre-existing condition and, to pay for it all, a surtax on individuals with incomes above $500,000.

docs.house.gov...

There you go, stop whining and read the damn thing.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Okey, just a quicky. I guess the illegals don't pay. No change from the last bill. If I'm reading this right.

Pg 297
1 ‘‘SEC. 59B. TAX ON INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT ACCEPTABLE
2 HEALTH CARE COVERAGE.
3 ‘‘(a) TAX IMPOSED.—In the case of any individual
4 who does not meet the requirements of subsection (d) at
5 any time during the taxable year, there is hereby imposed
6 a tax equal to 2.5 percent of the excess of—
7 ‘‘(1) the taxpayer’s modified adjusted gross in8
come for the taxable year,
‘‘(2) NONRESIDENT ALIENS.—Subsection (a)
8 shall not apply to any individual who is a non9
resident alien.

top topics

join