It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Skyfloating
But they should have to prove themselves benign before being let in.
[edit on 30-10-2009 by Skyfloating]
Originally posted by redoubt
Personally, I have no use for political correctness in most any form. It is, at its very best, a kind of lie in which we go out of our way to pretend to think and believe in a way that inside, we really don't. It goes beyond mere politeness and basic courtesy to create a false facade that stews contempt just beneath the surface.
It is entirely unhealthy.
Originally posted by x2Strongx
What about all the "Illegal" aliens that come to this planet. What... are we going to deport them?
Originally posted by Republican08
I think most of the quesitons humanizes them, their not human, of course, and wouldn't be subject to human lifestyles.
Originally posted by beta.services
I'll start by saying this is just meant as a thought provoking piece.
Lets assume that at some point in the future we have disclosure, and we have Alien visitors openly coming and going from earth.
What rights should be granted to these visitors?
- Will they have the right to own land?
- Will they have the right to engage in a for profit enterprise?
- Will they be eligible for health care above and beyond what is available to others?
- Will our entertainment media need to be censored as to take into account any offence that may be perceived by these visitors?
What laws need to be put into place to ensure that they receive these rights?
- Will they be required to use a passport while traveling between countries?
- Will they need to come through quarantine between countries/planets?
- What protection legislation will they fall under? (will we need specific, or possibly under hate crime?)
- Will we have authority to detain/imprison them?
What governing body would be responsible for enforcing these rights and laws?
- Under what authority will they be subject to taxation?
- Would we ever allow them to self regulate?
Just a few ideas I've been kicking around. Any input welcome.