It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CINY8
reply to post by ecoparity

Just out of curiousity...If the swine flu is able to make connections with both types A and B does that mean one needs both the h1n1 vaccine and the seasonal flu vaccine to be fully protected from h1n1 or is the h1n1 vaccine enough?

No, the H1N1 vaccine should be all you need. It's "designed" to trigger an immune response for that virus. Everyone just kind of assumes that any mutation of the virus means the vaccines won't work - this isn't true. There would have to be a very extreme mutation for that to happen, especially in this case where the vaccine is already built to target all the connection vectors.

Nothings impossible mind you, its just not as probable as popular opinion seems to think it is. The only situation the researchers do find worrisome would be a recombination of the virus where it becomes an avian flu virus primarily with human to human infection vectors and temperature viability. I don't think that can just "suddenly" happen though. It would have to evolve over time.

Unfortunately giving the virus a huge population of unprotected hosts is the one way to encourage mutation....

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by waterdoctor
If you have the time this is a good discussion of the current state of what is happening with the N1H1 in Ukraine.
I don't know why people are saying it's H1N1, while it's not. Even in my country the news channels are already admitted (What is a big word here), it's not H1N1 at all. So please don't spread the H1N1 is killing people in Ukraine, while it's not. It seems it's pneumonic plague, but that's also not sure and the Ukrainians are denying that today, while they confirmed this yesterday. So a great chaos is going on there right now.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Sharrow]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sharrow

If you have the time this is a good discussion of the current state of what is happening with the N1H1 in Ukraine.
I don't know why people are saying it's N1H1, while it's not. Even in my country the news channels are already admitted (What is a big word here), it's not N1H1 at all. So please don't spread the N1H1 is killing people in Ukraine, while it's not. It seems it's pneumonic plague, but that's also not sure and the Ukrainians are denying that, while they confirmed this yesterday. So a great chaos going on there right now.

That's funny cause the official reports list H1N1 as the cause of death along with "secondary pneumonia" for the remaining fatalities. I think you missed the last 20 pages of this discussion.

It's not pneumonic plague - that was a descriptive term being used for the lung damage and secondary pneumonia caused by H1N1. Your post is a prime example of why I've asked a certain person to stop posting that falsehood but he seems to think it's not creating any confusion.

If it were true that the pneumonic plague is killing people in Ukraine around 100 thousand would be dead and the streets would be full of the other 150k joining them. The plague is 100 percent fatal when not treated and there is no hospital system in the universe capable of handling 200 thousand plus plague patients.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharrow

You have looked at the data available and have reached that conclusion. That is what free choice is about. I have also looked at the data, the demographics of those effected, the reported symptoms, the CFR and hospitalization rates and have reached another conclusion. I think that it is our duty to express what we believe. At times we will have to agree to disagree.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
www.kyivpost.com...

Over 10 percent of medical personnel in Lviv have flu and acute respiratory infections
Today at 17:06
Lviv, November 3 (Interfax-Ukraine) - A total of 760 medical employees have come down with the flu and acute respiratory infections, chief of the healthcare department of Lviv city council, Volodymyr Zub, said at a press conference on Tuesday

"Fifteen of them are receiving in-patient treatment," Zub said.

According to him, in particular, 198 doctors, 312 nurses and 257 other medical personnel have flu and acute respiratory infections.

He said that currently over 10% of the staff of the city's medical establishments are ill, and moreover, their number is growing.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I don't know what officials are telling this to you, but I'm 250 kilometers away from Ukraine. So sorry, but we rather believe what we know and learned from this distance. I don't know what the officials are figured out this time and what they're telling you at the other side of the ocean, but it's not H1N1. We're in the neighbor and sorry, but I guess we know a bit better what is going on in our neighborhood.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Medical staff are being hit hard by the bug.

www.kyivpost.com...

This will not help the situation as medical staff become infected.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

reply to post by Sharrow

You have looked at the data available and have reached that conclusion.
See my post two above. We know what is going on in our neighborhood. I don't know why you're figuring out these things, but here, what you're doing is called as disinformation.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I don't know what officials are telling this to you, but my country, Hungary is 250 kilometers from Ukraine. So sorry, but we rather believe what we know and learned from this distance. I don't know what the officials are figured out this time and what they're telling you at the other side of the ocean, but it's not H1N1. We're in the neighbor and sorry, but I guess we know a bit better what is going on in our neighborhood.

Please catch up and read the discussion thread, especially the last 2-30 pages or so. This has been covered exhaustively to the point of Dr Niman even weighing in on it. I really don't want to repost the links to the government reports all over again because you want to jump in without reading the thread.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
www.earthtimes.org...

Minsk- The first Belarusian death from swine flu was registered by health officials on Tuesday. The victim, a 37-year-old female resident of the town of Drogichin, died on Friday, but results of blood tests confirming the presence of the H1N1 virus only became available Tuesday, said Oleg Arnautov, chief doctor of the western Brest province.

The woman reportedly had visited Ukraine's western Kovel region, currently near the centre of Ukraine's flu outbreak, in early October.

She became ill in the latter half of October and experienced severe flu symptoms for four days before consulting doctors, Arnautov said.

The victim had been suffering from other illnesses before having been infected by the flu, which may have contributed to the respiratory problems causing her death, he said.

In recent weeks, the Belarusian capital Minsk has seen an estimated 10 deaths of persons suffering from pneumonia preceded by flu-like symptoms. Public health workers were working to identify the virus causing the illnesses.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparityPlease catch up and read the discussion thread, especially the last 2-30 pages or so. This has been covered exhaustively to the point of Dr Niman even weighing in on it. I really don't want to repost the links to the government reports all over again because you want to jump in without reading the thread.
I've been here yesterday too and I said the same. We're in the neighborhood and we don't have the slightest clue why your people are lying to you. Quite different story happens in Ukraine at the moment. It's not H1N1. And it's been confirmed here. Sorry if your CNN is not telling this to you, but you're completely lost in this matter.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I guess someone needs to be ashamed for pushing all over again this "nothing but swine flu" story.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I read a while back that one source said that the authorities would claim it was h1n1 but it is not.
It seems that someone closer to what is going on might know a little more?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Sharrow

You have looked at the data available and have reached that conclusion.
See my post two above. We know what is going on in our neighborhood. I don't know why you're figuring out these things, but here, what you're doing is called as disinformation.

Do you have proof as in a medical body or WHO report which lists plague as being the cause of death? Please post it if so.

How many people have died from this plague? How many are infected with it?

This entire plague thing started as a rumor because of a bad choice in language by someone and now people just can't let it go. They don't even bother to look up what the plague is or how it works, recent cases - they just don't want to believe that H1N1 is real and is killing people.

I encourage you not to get a vaccine for H1N1 then. Since its' the plague you have nothing to worry about, right? That's really the only good news from this is that evolution will probably take care of this issue for us in the near future.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Here you go. Have a nice translate from Hungarian to English (Use Google Translate)

www.origo.hu...

It's NOT H1N1 as this article also presenting this to you. But I can link you various other Hungarian news sites, which are saying you the same.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
WHO pipes in and doesn't confirm there is a variant or plague, juts H1N1

Pandemic (H1N1) 2009, Ukraine - update 1 WHO

3 November 2009 - Laboratory testing in Ukraine has confirmed pandemic H1N1 influenza virus in samples taken from patients in two of the most affected regions. As the pandemic virus has rapidly become the dominant influenza strain worldwide, it can be assumed that most cases of influenza in Ukraine are caused by the H1N1 virus.

WHO continues to recommend no closing of borders and no restrictions on international travel, including to Ukraine. Experience shows that such measures will not stop further spread of the virus.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Regenmacher]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

We don't have the slightest clue why the WHO is saying this, because here, they're saying they don't have the slightest clue what is going on in Ukraine. But they DO know (The WHO) it's not H1N1.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharrow

I am open to what your ideas are. What do you think the contagion is and why?
Based on what you think it is how should be treat it?
What actions should other governments be taking now to correct the situation?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahemot

I guess someone needs to be ashamed for pushing all over again this "nothing but swine flu" story.

Considering the government of Ukraine, the WHO, Dr Niman and pretty much every medical source in the World agrees with me I feel just fine.

What's ironic is you will continue spreading lies and when it's proven you were wrong it won't bother you one bit. I have yet to receive an apology from anyone like you who has been proven wrong. I think you're just a little kid trying to stir up excitement and pick fights. No one has stopped you from posting your bad info but you just can't let it go at that.

I don't care. If you want to believe its the plague and blow off preparing for swine flu I can move on just fine knowing at least 5 % of the people who act like you won't be around to continue doing it in a few months. Sometimes stupidity really does kill people.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharrow

translate.google.com... s-szerint-nem-h1n1-okozza-a-jarvanyt.html&sl=hu&tl=en&history_state0=

The Ukrainian public health and chief medical officer, according to Ukraine Oleksandr Bilovol is a new type of flu. Bilovol az ICTV országos ukrán tévécsatorna hétfő esti adásában közölte: szezonális influenzajárvány és heveny légzőszervi fertőzések a nyugat-ukrajnai régiókban figyelhetők meg, főként 11 megyében, ahol a megbetegedések száma 15 százalékkal haladja meg a járványküszöböt. Bilovol the national Ukrainian ICTV television channel broadcast Monday evening said: seasonal influenza and acute respiratory infections in the western Ukrainian regions are observed, mainly in 11 counties, where the number of diseases, 15 percent higher than the járványküszöböt. A többi régióban a megbetegedési mutató az előző, 2007-2008-as években mért szinten van (az ukrajnában terjedő járványról itt olvashat ). The other region of the morbidity index of the previous 2007-2008's level is measured in years (up to the epidemic in Ukraine, see here).

A főorvos azt is elmondta, hogy a legfrissebb adatok szerint Ukrajnában 71-en haltak meg influenzavírus-fertőzés következtében. The chief medical officer also said that the latest figures show 71 people were dead in Ukraine influenza virus infection. A vizsgálatok 14 beteg esetében igazolták a H1N1 vírus okozta influenzát, köztük három elhunyt személynél mutatták ki az új vírust. The tests 14 patients were confirmed to be H1N1 influenza virus, including the three deceased person showed the new virus. Ukrajnában két olyan korszerűen felszerelt laboratórium van, amelyek százszázalékosan képesek igazolni ezt a diagnózist - jelentette ki a szakember. In Ukraine, two are equipped laboratory which can demonstrate that the diagnosis of one hundred per cent - said the expert.

Ukrajnában komoly zavar van az influenzával kapcsolatos adatokban. Ukraine is a serious disturbance of flu-related data. A médiában nyilatkozó hivatalnokok és állami vezetők gyakran közölnek a járványról egymással nem egyeztetett számokat. The media spokesperson for state officials and leaders often communicated to the epidemic, unadjusted figures. Hétfőn délelőtt például Julija Timosenko miniszterelnök a sajtónak azt mondta, hogy Ukrajnában 14 esetben mutatták ki az új típusú influenzát. On Monday morning, as the press, Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko said that Ukraine was detected in 14 cases of new types of flu. Alig egy órával később az ukrán egészségügyi miniszter első helyettese 22 újinfluenzás megbetegedésről beszélt, amit a pontatlan fogalmazás miatt sokan úgy értelmeztek, hogy ennyi halálos áldozatot követelt a H1N1 vírusfertőzés. Barely an hour later, the Ukrainian First Deputy Minister of Health 22 újinfluenzás disease spoken by the vague wording of many interpreted so many casualties of the H1N1 virus.

Ukrajnában október utolsó napjaiban kezdett rohamosan terjedni egy súlyos légúti megbetegedéssel járó járvány, ami felkészületlenül érte az országot. Ukraine in the last days of October began to spread rapidly due to a severe respiratory disease epidemic, which is unprepared for the country. Ukrajnában nincs védőoltás és elegendő gyógyszer sem a betegségek kezelésére, ezért az államfő külföldről, többek közt Magyarországtól kért segítséget. In Ukraine, there is no vaccine and not enough medicine to treat diseases, and therefore the head of state abroad, including Hungary, asked for help. Svájcból 300 ezer adag vírus elleni szert vásároltak, amit a miniszterelnök személyesen várt a repülőtéren . Switzerland to 300 thousand doses of virus acquired bought by the Prime Minister personally waiting at the airport. Az ukrán határhoz közeli magyar településeken egyelőre csak azt tapasztalták, hogy a határőrök maszkot viselnek (erről részletesen itt olvashat ). Hungarian settlements near the Ukrainian border for the time being, only it was found that the guards wear a mask (see the detail here to read).

[edit on 3-11-2009 by JBA2848]

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join