It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
www.thecrimson.com...

The Ukrainian government’s policies on swine flu make quarantines and Purell dispensers look like amateur efforts. Due to rising fears about a possible swine flu epidemic, Ukrainian Prime Minister Yuliya V. Tymoshenko announced a nationwide ban on public gatherings, the closing of all schools for three weeks, and various travel restrictions. The strict measures come at a critical time in the Ukrainian presidential campaign, with Tymoshenko closely trailed by opposition leader Victor Yanukovich in the polls. Although we realize that the spread of H1N1 is a serious health issue, these measures seem extreme and dubious given the election climate. Ukraine’s swine flu policy needs to be better justified or called off.

Regardless of the intentions behind these measures, though, we have further concerns that these steps may become undemocratic, especially given the ban on public gatherings during an election season. In losing the ability to gather in large groups, supporters of Yanukovich have lost their best avenue to advocate for their candidate. The free and easy public discourse that is vital to a democratic election in this instance seems clearly impaired. Ukraine’s troubling recent history with elections makes it especially vital that this campaign proceed as fairly and smoothly as possible. Otherwise, the same election uncertainties that engendered the “Orange Revolution” four years ago may this time around cause a “Swine Flu Revolution.”

So I guess the people over at Harvard Crimson think this is all a political pissing match on who can strip all the normalities of daily life from the public and make it seem like there doing the people a favor. Wait til they find out the economy will crash around them when everybody is hiding in there houses. I know Mexico found out pretty quick when they started shuting everything down for weeks at a time.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
news.xinhuanet.com...

WARSAW, Nov. 2 (Xinhua) -- Poland's southern Malopolska province will send 24,000 face masks and 60 doses of antiviral drug Tamiflu to A/H1N1 flu-hit Ukraine, a spokesman of the province's authorities said on Monday.

This will be the second shipment organized by the local authorities of the Malopolska province. On Saturday a respirator, 500 masks, drugs and protective clothes were sent to Lvov of Ukraine.

"We want to thank for this assistance from the Malopolska authorities which were the first to respond to the spread of flu," head of the international cooperation department of the Lvov district Lech Zacharczyszyn said on Monday.

According to Zacharczyszyn, masks and some 50,000 doses of Tamiflu are needed in the Lvov district. "The situation is very difficult. Over 90,000 people are ill in the Lvov district with over 2,000 hospitalized, 29 died," he was quoted by Polish news agency PAP as saying.

According to the latest data, some 225,000 flu cases have been registered in Ukraine, of which 15,000 people were hospitalized. 67 people died of respiratory tract infections or flu.

Nothing against Poland because I bellieve it is allways kind when neighbors help neighbors but what is 60 doses of tamiflu really going to do for a country even a small one like Ukraine?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

The Ukraine isn't a small country. Poland is probably only sending 60 doses of tamiflu because they're afraid of the epidemic coming to Poland.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by really

Some where around 46 to 48 million people in the Ukraine. Im in the US where theres over 310 million not counting the illegals. But my point was wh didn't they just keep there 60 doses its not really going to help when theres 46 to 48 million people who need them.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I AM new here but have been following this for two days and can someone tell me why the hell no one in the us is aware concerned or bothering to get this out here in us? people are dying and we are heading for a very dark road folks with this nwo b.s. and why is there no news coverage opr outrage at this stuff being hidden? I am pissed

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I think you have a problem because Russia US relations. US government probly feel that Russia would say the US is sturring up tensions by meddling with Russian affairs.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I am sorry but that does not answer the question I am concerned and pissed that this is not being handled for the reality it is folks I mean comeon people are dying the nwo has an agenda in place we have good ole OBAMA and his bull# and swine flu and this happening right under our noses and not a dam thing has been said on the media or to alert U.S. re; this situation and how this is going to impact AND I MEAN IMPACT ALL OF US as this progresses and hits ever stronger daily can I get some reality checks here please

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Concept X
Is WHO a good enough source for you?

The WHO should be considered as a VERY unreliable source.

I would trust a tabloid first. In my view, these are the scum who planned this in the first place.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I have to laugh here, because this situation reminds of what we had going on during the cold war: we would hear rumors of things happening behind the iron curtain, but we got very little information of any value.

Now, once again, we hear rumors...and we're getting very little information again. Only this time, it's not because of their press....its' because of OURS.

Ah.....gotta love it. The old USSR moves forward, and we move backaward.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BLUESHADOW747

Some of us here in the U.S. have been doing what we can to bring this to light. It has finally showed up on the MSN news.yahoo.com...

As to why this hasn't been reported sooner I have no idea and you have a right to be outraged.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
has anyone heard of PAMELA SCHUFFERT and her site. as it explains alot of what is happening , the site is under american holocaust I believe there is atremendous amount of b----- after b----- after b---- going on here

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
THANK YOU for your reply I do not mean to pass this on to anyone directly on this thread this has just pissed me off in more ways than you can imagine I mean people had rather watch a dam game than wake up to the seriousness of all this going on in our world today where the HELL is everybody ?I tried several news stations yesterday you would not believe the amount of unconcern I received

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
www.news-medical.net...

Deaths from H1N1 rise by 700 in one week, WHO reports
2. November 2009 23:48

The number of deaths from H1N1 (swine flu) rose by 700 in a week, to top 5,700 since the virus was first identified in April, the WHO reported Friday, Agence France-Presse reports (10/30).

"The biggest rise in the past week was recorded in the Americas, w[h]ere 636 more people were reported killed by swine flu, bringing the region's death toll to 4,175, the UN agency said, AFP reports in a second story. "Fatal cases in Europe also climbed to at least 281, while those in Asia-Pacific rose to 1,070" (10/31).

Efforts To Contain H1N1 Cases Force Shutdowns In Ukraine, Afghanistan

Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko on Friday "imposed travel restrictions, banned public gatherings and closed schools and universities for three weeks after the health ministry declared an epidemic of the H1N1 virus," the Wall Street Journal reports. "The ministry released figures Sunday showing 53 people had died from flu and respiratory infections, although it was unclear how many of these were caused by the H1N1 virus," the newspaper writes (Marson, 11/1).

The New York Times also reports on rising fears over the H1N1 virus in the Ukraine, noting, "[n]ews reports from the western part of the country said there were long lines at pharmacies as people sought medication and masks." The newspaper reports the WHO plans to send a team to assist authorities in the Ukraine (Levy, 10/31).

The Afghan government on Monday declared H1N1 to be a health emergency and ordered the closing of schools for three weeks in an effort to contain the virus, after the country suffered its first death from H1N1 last week, Reuters reports. The government has also advised against public gatherings. "Nearly 350 positive cases of H1N1 have been detected among foreigners and Afghans and several hundred more people are suspected to be infected, [Farid Raaid,] a public health ministry spokesman said," the news service reports. According to Raaid, the WHO plans to offer the country one million doses of the H1N1 vaccine (Salahuddin, 11/2).

So theres been alot of newspapers with stories New York Times , Bloom Berg , Wall Street Journal its just the media outlets that haven't carried the story but they don't care unless its republicans vs democrats or the occasional balloon boy hoax , octomom story.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by waterdoctor
reply to post by BLUESHADOW747

Some of us here in the U.S. have been doing what we can to bring this to light. It has finally showed up on the MSN news.yahoo.com...

As to why this hasn't been reported sooner I have no idea and you have a right to be outraged.

Yeah, some of us have been doing all we can.

And believe me I'm pissed as hell.

I've been doing all I can posting vids on youtube to raise awareness.. 8,000 views on my Ukrainian videos in 2 days, atleast some people are finding out. Unfortunately most of the views came from outside links, which means my vids were posted in message boards.. So kind of preaching to the choir
I know the videos are not perfect and some facts r off, but atleast some people are finding out something is up.

What do you want me to do, make a sign and stand on the street corner?

And BTW that yahoo link is just more of the same BS that its normal H1N1, which they don't know.

The only mainstream media so far to break that its a "mystery virus" is Bloomberg (the same source who broke the Baxter contaminated vaccine scandel).. Maybe the corporate overlords do not have quite as much control over Bloomberg?

[edit on 2-11-2009 by seattletruth]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
THIS IS NOT DATED BUT IT TALKS ABOUT MASS PANIC DUE TO FLU ETC.
It also talks about Russia and a couple of other things.
Might be a little too Tin Foil Hat for some but it does have a lot of info.

preventdisease.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
FOR ALL THOSE GUYS WHO HAVE MEDICAL OR HOLISTIC MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE.

I have created a new thread; www.abovetopsecret.com...

Can you PLEASE add all the known information about how to treat or prevent whatever it is that might be coming out of Ukraine.

Really - specific drugs, herbal remedies and so on - I want to go buy drugs - but I dont know what to ask for - and no one 'speeka my lingo' over here

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I am truly amazed at the amount of people in the world that should know /be aware and also where we ALL STAND on issues such as this, I mean "are we protecting our lives here or what? I do not understand the ZOMBIE attitudes and complacency around the average people at present/ as far as I am concerned, this is HUGE and we are on then tip of the iceberg

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Situation worsens in Ukraine. Only 1 out of 60 deaths could be attributed to swine flu.
www.kavkazcenter.com...

The highest level of emergency declared in Ivano-Frankovsk oblast (region) of Ukraine.
www.delfi.ua...

RSOE Emergency and Disaster Information Service declares second to highest Epidemic Hazard level in Ternopil, Lviv, Zakarpattya, and Ivano-Frankivsk Oblasts of Ukraine.
hisz.rsoe.hu...

A panic is under way in western Ukraine, including quarantines and panic buying of drugs in Lviv, Ternopil, and other towns.
larouchepac.com...

Tonight the nation of Ukraine is in an absolute state of panic as a mystery illness rips through that country. Some reports are claiming that this mystery illness is a more virulent form of the H1N1 swine flu. Other reports are linking the mystery illness with typhus, ebola hemorrhagic fever or even the pneumonic plague. What all the media reports do agree on is that an epidemic is devastating Ukraine tonight and that a wave of panic is sweeping over that nation.
thebirdflupandemic.com... ine

Evidence appears to suggest that Baxter International may be responsible for a new deadly outbreak of viral pneumonia in Ukraine.
rense.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Unfortunately there's a misconception in here. The recommendation to get the pneumococcal vaccine came from virologists immediately after the Mexico outbreaks. Don't confuse the victims who had bleeding in the lungs with the ones who developed secondary infections - those secondary infections were staph and strep based and included the pneumonia the vaccine prevents.

This was so common as to be amazing and held true beyond Mexico. More flu patients have developed these secondary infections than have not.

I've already stated several times that I'm not a proponent of vaccines unless there is a very good chance not getting it will result in greater harm. I think a majority of the public is aware of the concerns surrounding vaccines now, especially as it relates to children and possible developmental problems.

I don't need the anti vaccine people to jump up and down on me every time I mention a vaccine. Its getting beyond old.

You have a right to risk your health in any way you see fit but you don't have the right to deny that choice to others. If you're going to jump into the subject you need to at least be completely aware of what you're talking about. (This isn't directed at you AceWombat04 but at the other party you were speaking to).

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I honestly pray for all concerned at this time I can only imagine what is going on but again my question comes back to since WE THE PEOPLE know about all this and also since we are suppose to be aware of the HIGH DEGREE OF BOI-TECH WARFARE that says it all along with everyone aware that this was pre warned can there be an outcry and plain ole get OUR S--- TOGether folks there are serious implications and deadly warnings in ALL THIS that is happening in that region at this time thanks to all your responses GOD BLESS

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join