It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
OK OK peace folks just content directly realted to this incident

I have stated what i think is killing them and that is Hospital Acquired Pneumonia HAP is resistant to antibiotics and considering the poor state of medical facilities there and the influx of people thinking they have Swine flu.

All they need is just 60 of those to at any point be put on bacteria infected respirators or simply bacteria infested unsanitary hospital beds in bacteria infested hospital rooms and BAM you have a nasty pneumonia that will probably kill you.

I disagree. I work in a hospital and have for years. We get hospital aquired pneumonia every day. It is not transmitted from "person to person"....it usually only affects long-term vent patients who have been on ventillators for a long time. Rarely does it spread to other patients in the hospital who are not on vents, and rarely does the same bacteria spread like a pandemic within a hospital. Yes, hospital aquired pneumonia is common.....but not like this.

Also, Asen said that he had reports (from within the hospital) that these patients have liquified lungs. You don't get bloody liquified lungs in hospital aquired pneumonia.

I consult on antibiotics all the time on these patients (ICU patients with hospital aquired pneumonia, or nosocomial pneumonia), and never once have I seen a case with bloody, liquified lungs.

Also, nosocomial pneumonia usually takes a long time to set in.... at least a week. These cases in the Ukraine are progressing after 1-4 days.

From a clinical point of view, this does not sound like rampant nosocomial pneumonia. It sounds like an infectious pneumonia brought in from the outside. I've been working with ICU patients for over 17 years, and I've never seen anything like what they are describing in the Ukraine in vent patients.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
O.K. Look at this, it says that they never thought that African Swine Fever could infect humans, now they are J Virol. 2009 Oct 7. [Epub ahead of print]
Detection of Novel Sequences Related to African Swine Fever Virus in Human Serum and Sewage.

Loh J, Zhao G, Presti RM, Holtz LR, Finkbeiner SR, Droit L, Villasana Z, Todd C, Pipas JM, Calgua B, Girones R, Wang D, Virgin HW.

Departments of Pathology & Immunology and Molecular Microbiology, Department of Medicine and Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri; Department of Biological Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Biology, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain.

The family Asfarviridae contains only a single virus species, African swine fever virus (ASFV). ASFV is a viral agent with significant economic impact due to its devastating effects on populations of domesticated pigs during outbreaks, but has not been reported to infect humans. We report here the discovery of novel viral sequences in human serum and sewage which are clearly related to the Asfarvirus family, but highly divergent from ASFV. Detection of these sequences suggests that greater genetic diversity may exist among Asfarviruses than previously thought, and raises the possibility that human infection by Asfarviruses may occur.

PMID: 19812170 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]not so sure................

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Ok,

this is pointless finger pointing now. We are just accusing each others and this thread is really based only into that at the moment.

Maybe it is because we don't have any news and we are in blackout especially right now when it's ..well early morning in Ukraine at the moment.

So I'm calling it a night. I hope tomorrow we have some more information and facts to discuss about.

Night lads.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luppakorva

Night lads.

And don't forget us ladies.

link   

reply to post by dnvrliz

Hi there,

What exactly is African Swine Fever? I can see it is something that has been taking seriously but could you give a brief summary about it?

As far as I know, swine fever only kills pigs. Not humans.

Also beefcake is saying that hospitals in Ukraine are filthy and in poor conditions... Um.. This isn't a 3rd world country, and these people aren't stupid. Even if their medical system "great like the USA" (hahah what a joke), do you really think that they are so incompetant to clean their hospitals??

Do you think their staff isn't trained? Obviously they have been spraying the train stations with dissenfectant every 2 hours (before it closed) and even reports of spraying the town... Obviously sanitary conditions are VERY HIGH ON their priority list, and these things dont costs tons of money like an MRI machine in the hospital.

Both Beefcake and Luppakorva seem to believe that Ukrainians are incompetent and filthy, with no idea how to run a hospital.. And they are soooo busy and stupid that none of them would have decided to assign even ONE doctor to confirm if this is H1N1 novel form or not... And when those doctors say it ISN'T novel H1N1, you deny it, because they are dirty lying corrupt Ukrainians.

If you both left the thread nobody will miss you. Neither of you have contributed anything but douchy know-it-all attitudes and derailment..

Please. Will you 2 have some respect for ALL THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE DIED FROM THIS HORRIBLE SICKNESS, WHATEVER IS CAUSING IT, and also have respect for the millions of Ukrainians that are living this nightmare. You can say its not happening all you want (Luppakorva claimed it was a political stunt by corrupt Ukrainians yesterday, and still believes that), but that doesn't mean it's not happening. And now you admit it's happening, but you know what the cause is.. Please, just stop.

link   
I'm very new here: got to say, I love it!

It's quite a privelage to be part of the new media; researchers and reporters, we are Here, There and Everywhere.

This post below is newly updated from the RSOE EDIS website:

Situation Update No. 12
On 02.11.2009 at 03:47 GMT+2

The epidemic situation in Ukraine “has assumed a threatening and unpredictable nature and is a threat to national security”, says a decree of October 31 by President Viktor Yushchenko, published on Sunday. The decree enacts a decision of the National Security and Defence Council on measures to fight the new flu (A/N1N1). n the opinion of the Security Council, “the Ministry of Health and local bodies of executive power showed insufficient readiness to ensure treatment of patients”. An this connection, the government was instructed to create reserves of medical equipment and anti-virus preparations, to strengthen anti-epidemic regime in places frequented by people, to restrict mass events and to involve the Defence Ministry and the Ministry for Emergencies to render medical aid to population. The Health Ministry is to inform the Security Council secretary of the situation daily. The Defence Ministry was instructed to organise a check-up of population in the countryside with mobile teams from hospitals. Incidentally, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary and Romania sent humanitarian aid to Ukraine to fight the flu epidemic, reported the press service of the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry on Sunday.

Fifty-three people, including a child and two pregnant women, have died of cold and flu in Ukraine, the Health Ministry said. In all, the country’s cold and flu rate amounts to 185,000, including 9,400 cases of flu. The number of A/H1N1 flu cases is unknown. The situation is the worst in the Lvov region, where about 70,000 people have cold and flu. The cold and flu rate is also high in the Ternopol, Ivano-Frankovsk and Chernovtsy regions. Four doctors died of flu in Ukraine’s Ternopol and Lvov regions, Health Minister Vasily Knyazevich said at the Sunday meeting of the operative headquarters for the prevention and treatment of A/H1N1 flu. Ukraine enacted border crossing rules because of the A/H1N1 flu outbreak, Timoshenko said. Ukrainian President Viktor Yushchenko has asked the world to help handle the flu epidemic. The president sent letters to the presidents of Belarus, Hungary, Moldova, Poland, Russia, Romania, Slovakia and the United States, the NATO secretary general and the European Commission president.

Very interesting statement: Cold and flu rate amounts to 185,000. Just a few days ago the # was very, very low. Something is very funny here, and it's great to see ATS is way ahead of the MSM.

There's a Job to Do, Somebody's Got To Do It!

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Feel free to do so, I haven't passed on anything I feel weird about.

Bleeding from the ears is a symptom of a very high fever or a ruptured eardrum. (And cancer but that really doesn't apply in this case).

We have had reports of shedding of skin and bleeding from the mouth, ears and nose in swine flu patients. Maybe it would help if you would specify exactly what you think this symptom indicates?

I haven't seen any reports of "bleeding from the ears" but even if I did it wouldn't rule out swine flu, especially given the previous reports of high fevers and desquamification. What I don't see is how that symptom means we're dealing with something else.

Hello Eco,

Pax here. i think you are way off the mark with this one. H1N1, what we have in the states doesn't kill like this! Unless, it has in fact mutated to the lethal Spanish flu of 1918, also known as the "Purple Death" due to such massive hemorrhaging. Here are the symptoms:

The 1918 flu pandemic (commonly referred to as the Spanish Flu) was an influenza pandemic that spread to nearly every part of the world. It was caused by an unusually virulent and deadly influenza A virus strain of subtype H1N1.

This huge death toll was caused by an extremely high infection rate of up to 50% and the extreme severity of the symptoms, suspected to be caused by cytokine storms.

[4] Indeed, symptoms in 1918 were so unusual that initially influenza was misdiagnosed as dengue, cholera, or typhoid.

One observer wrote, "One of the most striking of the complications was hemorrhage from mucous membranes, especially from the nose, stomach, and intestine. Bleeding from the ears and petechial hemorrhages in the skin also occurred."[13]

The majority of deaths were from bacterial pneumonia, a secondary infection caused by influenza, but the virus also killed people directly, causing massive hemorrhages and edema in the lung.
[10

Now according to an eyewitness and a first hand report, after all it is her husband, this is how she described him.

Here is the description given by the widow of one of the victims. Note the ears turning black. It is conceivable that this might not be influenza at all, but whatever it is, it spreads as efficiently as flu. The proportion of deaths to cases seems constant across regions, and there is as yet no report of two deaths in the same family, so it is unlikely that this is an outbreak of something really deadly (SARS, plague, anthrax, etc.) overlapping a milder flu outbreak. This is likely 40,000 cases of the same illness.

"BLIC" visited the family of a resident of the Ternopol Vladimir Grinuk (40 years), which became one of the first victims of the epidemic.

In his native village Shmankivchiki Vladimir possessed a large vehicle workshop. As it is respected! Said - the golden hands, trouble-free soul man! Volodya was Oct. 16, when nobody talked about the epidemic.
– - The doctor asked me whether Vova traveled abroad. I replied that I had. Yes, and sometimes came home with us foreigners. (38 лет). The last time in mid-September were the guys from England - recalls widow Galina (38 years). – - We are the children got cold, and alive. Володеньки нет... Volodenka no ...

This is the only picture of Vladimir, which remained in the family.He made it to the passport

The disease develops rapidly! In the morning before work the man was in good spirits and good health, and in the evening returned exhausted.

– Он He told me: "Gal, I have something very weak, poor me." He was very sturdy, strong, never anything he did not complain. She gave him tea with lemon, a pill.
. A few days later, Vladimir had a temperature 39 degrees. Still, he shook the markets in Ternopil and Ivano-Frankivsk sell spare parts for automobiles. He could not afford to do nothing.

– So sorry it was so sad! – Galina weeps and kisses the picture of her husband.
When she finally persuaded her husband to go to a rural hospital, doctors determined he had double pneumonia. Vladimir left for the night in the hospital. . In the morning he picked up the phone.
- I was very alarmed. Rushed to the hospital.. I went to the House, and he in a strange posture, ears turned black, the veins on the face were made, red face, coughing on a towel with foam crimson - through tears says Galina.

Five hours of a medical team struggled in intensive care for his life. "

link:[www.flutrackers.com...]
link:[www.blik.ua...]
You can read the rest of it yourself and i will post the original news source and you or anyone are welcome to translate.

But let's be real here, this is not "SWINE FLU"!!! With rapid onset and rapid death, this is acting like hemorrhagic virus!

You were on the Swine flu threads long enough to know this is NOT what is happening there. Yes, you did put out warnings, but you never said a thing about H1N1 causing hemorrhaging like this.

What is your background in? Microbiology? Medicine? Not trying to be rude, but just curious why you speak with such authority on this? So quickly you add one post and everyone else is talking BS? Is that really fair?

Several on here have claimed, that this is just "Swine Flu" no big deal, but take a look at this.

Hemorrhagic virus'

Crimean Congo fever
www.cdc.gov...
Ebola
www.cdc.gov...
Hanta Pulmonary Syndrome
www.cdc.gov...
Hemorrhagic Fever with Renal syndrome
www.cdc.gov...
Lassa Fever
www.cdc.gov...
Marburg
www.cdc.gov...

Remember, Flu of 1918 was a hemorrhagic Pneumonia!

Pax

[edit on 1-11-2009 by paxnatus]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano

OK OK peace folks just content directly realted to this incident

I have stated what i think is killing them and that is Hospital Acquired Pneumonia HAP is resistant to antibiotics and considering the poor state of medical facilities there and the influx of people thinking they have Swine flu.

All they need is just 60 of those to at any point be put on bacteria infected respirators or simply bacteria infested unsanitary hospital beds in bacteria infested hospital rooms and BAM you have a nasty pneumonia that will probably kill you.

I disagree. I work in a hospital and have for years. We get hospital aquired pneumonia every day. It is not transmitted from person to person....it usually only affects long-term patients who have been on ventillators for a long time. Rarely does it spread to other patients who are not on vents, and rarely does the same bacteria spread like a pandemic within a hospital. Yes, hospital aquired pneumonia is common.....but not like this.

Also, Asen said that he had reports (from within the hospital) that these patients have liquified lungs. You don't get bloody liquified lungs in hospital aquired pneumonia.

I consult on antibiotics all the time on these patients, and never once have I seen a hospital aquired pneumonia case with bloody, liquified lungs. Also, it usually takes a long time to set in.....weeks. These cases are progressing after 1-4 days.

From a clinical point of view, I really, really don't think this is a classic case of hospital aquired pneumonia. I've been working with ICU patients for over 17 years, and I've never seen anything like this.

I

COMMUNITY acquired pneumonia can have a hemorrhagic effect.

Cummunity Acquired Pneumonia is also aquired from Hospitals and it does have a hemorrhagic effect.

en.wikipedia.org...

Community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) is a disease in which individuals who have not recently been hospitalized develop an infection of the lungs (pneumonia). CAP is a common illness and can affect people of all ages. CAP often causes problems like difficulty in breathing, fever, chest pains, and a cough. CAP occurs because the areas of the lung which absorb oxygen (alveoli) from the atmosphere become filled with fluid and cannot work effectively.

Less common symptoms include: * the coughing up of blood (hemoptysis)

en.wikipedia.org...

Hemoptysis or haemoptysis is the expectoration (coughing up) of blood or of blood-stained sputum from the bronchi, larynx, trachea, or lungs (e.g. in tuberculosis or other respiratory infections). [edit] Causes This can be due to bronchitis or pneumonia most commonly, but also to lung neoplasm (in smokers, when hemoptysis is persistent), aspergilloma, tuberculosis, bronchiectasis, coccidioidomycosis, pulmonary embolism, or pneumonic plague.

Community Acquired Pneumonia is very possible here.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Dr. Deagle on Project Camelot.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

And if situation REALLY is that bad as some claim, why airports are open?

KIEV
www.flightstats.com...

www.europe-airports.com...

LVIV
www.flightstats.com...

They would definitely be closed. No question about that.

Lets assume that the plague does exist, and is as deadly and prevalent as the worst reports apparent on this thread.

Now consider why it might be that airports are not closed? You rule out possibilities based on preconceptions - one is that they actually WANT to contain the virus/plague.

You are quick to accuse others of speculation - but then you assert facts that are speculations only.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Am sorry Mi Lady, good night to you as well

..And I just have to answer to the next post since I just had to press the f5 the one last time

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
There is no pneumonic plague!

Its the swine flu, the exact same virus that's been going around teh globe and the exact same set of symptoms (including the horrible respiratory ones). The rapid deaths associated with cytokine storms die from bleeding in the lungs. Longer term patients often develop secondary pneumonia.

Your opinion is worth having - nice to see a contrary viewpoint. I don't think it seems to be substantiated with the data we have been getting - but its possible.

link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

Deagle isn't a doctor anymore, he lost his license due to malpractice.

I would take whatever this guy says with many, many grains of salt.

link   
reply to post by seattletruth

Both Beefcake and Luppakorva seem to believe that Ukrainians are incompetent and filthy, with no idea how to run a hospital.. And they are soooo busy and stupid that none of them would have decided to assign even ONE doctor to confirm if this is H1N1 novel form or not... And when those doctors say it ISN'T novel H1N1, you deny it, because they are dirty lying corrupt Ukrainians.

I do think that they have poor medical facilities compared to the western world but regardless of that I am simply saying that these Community and Hospital Acquired pneumonia happen everywhere even in the US and Canada on a regular basis but when there is a mass influx of patients anything that would normally happen infrequently becomes inflated thus instead of 1 or 2 dieing you have 50 because you are probably looking at 50x the normal admissions do to this Swine flu freak out everyone is having.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
for SEATTLETRUTH

Here is where it says it may be different than previously thought.

The family Asfarviridae contains only a single virus species, African swine fever virus (ASFV). ASFV is a viral agent with significant economic impact due to its devastating effects on populations of domesticated pigs during outbreaks, but has not been reported to infect humans. We report here the discovery of novel viral sequences in human serum and sewage which are clearly related to the Asfarvirus family, but highly divergent from ASFV. Detection of these sequences suggests that greater genetic diversity may exist among Asfarviruses than previously thought, and raises the possibility that human infection by Asfarviruses may occur.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The book of Revelation Chapter 6

And they were given authority and power over a fourth part of the earth to kill with the sword and with famine and with plague (pestilence, disease)

Matthew 24:7

For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; and there will be famines, plagues, and earthquakes in various places.

All this anguish and fear from plague and disease was predicted long ago.
I wish everybody here to stay healthy, but sadly I know that just isn't going to happen.

Luke 21:26

People will faint from fear and apprehension because of the things that are to come on the inhabited world

Sadly a sign of our times.

I hope this outbreak in the Ukraine burns itself out quick. The faster the disease kills usually the faster it burns up and stops spreading. Look at Ebola. But when people are coughing their guts out(literally) that really spreads a lot of air born germs around.
The symptoms don't sound like swine flu, but some other nasty type of plague/disease.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) is a disease in which individuals who have not recently been hospitalized develop an infection of the lungs (pneumonia). CAP is a common illness and can affect people of all ages. CAP often causes problems like difficulty in breathing, fever, chest pains, and a cough. CAP occurs because the areas of the lung which absorb oxygen (alveoli) from the atmosphere become filled with fluid and cannot work effectively.

Ok, Beefcake, first you say that you think that it's hospital aquired pneumonia, then you change your story and say that it's community aquired pneumonia. Please don't change your story and then tell me you said something you didn't in the first place.

Secondly, yes we know that pneumonia is what is ultimately killing these people. And yes, they are catching in the community, hence it is a "community aquired pneumonia", not a nosocomial (hospital aquired) pneumonia, which is what I was trying to tell you in an earlier post.

But the speculations on this thread right now is: what is causing the pneumonia (and the original respiratory infection it developed from) in the Ukraine....a virus or a bacteria? (And also, of course....where did it come from? A mutation? Bioterrorism? Another virus completely??)That's what we don't know, and we probably won't know until the labs can tell us.

Plus, we are also very much interested in hearing the story unfold as it is told by Asen, who is right there in the middle of it all.

link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by spinkyboo

Deagle isn't a doctor anymore, he lost his license due to malpractice.

I would take whatever this guy says with many, many grains of salt.

Of course.
I take everything I hear with many many grains of salt.
And of course all people should.
Here is the lawsuit. It's a big one and a sad one.
williamricharddeagle.blogspot.com...

link   
reply to post by seattletruth

"Both Beefcake and Luppakorva seem to believe that Ukrainians are incompetent and filthy, with no idea how to run a hospital.. And they are soooo busy and stupid that none of them would have decided to assign even ONE doctor to confirm if this is H1N1 novel form or not... And when those doctors say it ISN'T novel H1N1, you deny it, because they are dirty lying corrupt Ukrainians."

Ok, let's put facts to the table. I have had enough. I'm normally very nice and caring guy who takes everyone into account, but enough is enough.

I have been in Ukraine, I have been in Ukranian hospital, I have seen how they are, I have been in Ukranian countryside, I have seen those small villages and towns where this is happening, I know people from Ukraine, I have many friends from Ukraine, I really DO care about Ukranian people and about my friends and my friend's friends!

Now, you come and base it on your own personal opinions that I do not have ANY respect towards them and I feel they are filthy and incompetent. BASED on what? Put your facts to the table, don't just put words into my mouth. I don't take that lightly

I don't say it easily, but now you are starting to go across the line which is called lying. If my views are not the ones you share and you're not happy about the fact that there might not be pandemic event going on which is going to kill us by hundreds of millions, don't blame it on me!

About corruption. Check it out, it IS very corrupted country, even every Ukranian admits that to you, it's sad but true. That's just the way it is out there. Don't believe? Well go on and experience it yourself, it's easy to see.

And if this is about the fact you took it personally when I did not agree with your youtube videos, take it like a man. Not like a little whining boy. I asked you to make it U2U if you have something on your mind, but you failed to do that as well.

Grow up.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Here is an update on the BIO hazard incident.
As I posted before they now think it may be possible for this to jump to humans. In this statement below it says that it is not possible, but I think that ANYTHING is possible lately............

Situation Update No. 2
On 01.11.2009 at 03:27 GMT+2

The spread of African Swine Fever in Russia has United Nations officials worried that the virus could eventually jump into Europe, central Asia and possibly China, according to a memo the U.S. Meat Export Federation issued to its members. Concerns emerged after the UN's Food and Agriculture Organization reported detection of ASF near St. Petersberg, Russia, a red flag since the disease for the past several years reportedly had been confined to the Caucasus region of Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan and neighboring areas of southern Russia. St. Petersburg is more than 1,200 miles to the north and west of this region. Although not a threat to human health, ASF can be extremely deadly in swine. The virus is believed to have killed about 6,000 pigs during the first half of 2009 and forced the culling of about 42,000 additional pigs. "If recent ASF outbreaks in Russia are as widespread as available information indicates, they could represent a significant setback to Russia's goal of attaining self-sufficiency in pork production," USMEF said. As no vaccine for ASF exists, countries are being told to up early detection and response efforts.

Situation Update No. 1
On 23.10.2009 at 03:14 GMT+2

The devastating pig disease known as African swine fever (ASF) has now been found in northwest Russia, the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) has reported today. The latest outbreak of ASF - which cannot be transmitted to humans - was found near the city of St. Petersburg on 20 October, jumping 2,000 kilometres from southern Russia. The spread has confirmed the worst fears of FAO experts who have been tracking the disease in Georgia and neighbouring nations for several years. “Although we have known that the virus has been circulating in the Caucasus - in Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan - for several years now, eventually spreading to southern Russia, it is its sudden appearance far away near the Baltic coast that is worrying,” said Juan Lubroth, the agency’s Chief Veterinary Officer. The danger now is that ASF could spread to other regions, including the European Union, Eastern Europe, countries in the Black Sea basin and even Central Asia and China, which has the world’s largest pig population. It can be transported over wider geographic areas through the movement of infected swine or contaminated pork products, FAO said.

Although Muslim populations do not consume pork, Iran, Turkey and Central Asia could act as a transit point for ASF due to the large numbers of wild boar in these areas. “In light of this outbreak, FAO is advising countries to be vigilant and roll out their early detection and response plans,” Mr Lubroth said. The virus is believed to have first entered into the Caucasus through the Black Sea port of Poti in Georgia, where garbage from a ship was taken to a local dump where pigs feed. In sub-Saharan Africa, ASF is spread through warthogs and other wild pig species, and can also be transmitted by a particular type of tick. The disease existed for decades in the Iberian Peninsula until it was eradicated in the late 1990s. There is no vaccine against ASF currently, and the FAO issued a call for laboratories in the United States, Europe and Russia to reinvigorate efforts to develop an effective immunization. The disease is eliminated by culling infected animals and strict movement control.

new topics

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join