It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahemot
The latest (unconfirmed!) reports from Ukraine on the pneumonic plague outbreak:
Tanks with chemical/biological protection units reported outside of Ternopol.
International team of doctors turned away from Lviv - situation here is far worse than previously reported.
Also reports are coming of some remote villages in the Carpathian mountains are completely wiped out by the plague.
Police units in Kyiv authorized to go house-by-house and implement mandatory vaccination programme.

UPDATE: Ukrainian President Yushchenko authorizes mandatory vaccination programme.
www.president.gov.ua...
rus.4post.com.ua...Виктор-Ющенко.html#148070

[edit on 1-11-2009 by ahemot]

there is nothing on that page about mandatory vaccination
Not that I'm questioning you
but I do start to wonder where you get your information from

translate.google.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ahemot

I was mainly referring to the military use and international medical team being turned away at the border.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Is anhyone worried that this may spread just like the swine flu outbreak at the beginning of the year, no one i tell about this seems to care or want to know

link   
There are no antibiotic measures or antivirals that are going to work against this. Ribavarin, a drug used to treat Hep C is experimental yet is an antiviral that when started early enough, can and has been effective against hemorrhagic fevers.

Ribavirin is the only known treatment for a variety of viral hemorrhagic fevers, including Lassa fever, Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever, and Hantavirus infection.

link:en.wikipedia.org...
Our best bet is containment!!

pax

link   

Originally posted by mkross1983
reply to post by nikiano

I understand what you are saying and I appreciate it but are you saying you have enough for millions of doses? Millions? And the hospital has a plan to go house to house for those who are too sick to make it the hospital, and enough beds to put everyone in, and keep the doctors from catching this and then them dying?

A plan is a very good thing to have but with the amount of people who would catch this virus/disease/infection/whatever it is it is only going to out for a few days or a couple weeks at most.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that everything will a-ok. I just meant that we have an emergency plan in place, and we have antivirals in place.

Does it mean we can treat everyone? no. Does it mean the situation won't get out of hand? no.

But at least our hospitals have been prepared with an emergency plan....which is more than some countries have. That's all I meant.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Yes, a mandatory vaccination regime is pretty pointless unless they know what the pathogen is. In fact, such a prophylactic measure could even be harmful.

But what am I saying? You're a medical student so you'd know that...

About that report of whole villages being wiped out... Until there is some kind of independent verification or similar cases that can be checked, any reports of an extremely virulent pathogen with a near-100% mortality rate has to viewed with great suspicion and is possibly just the ramblings of a misguided person in a chat room somewhere.

I am sure that you and we would appreciate some reliable data, though.

Mike

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Viktor Yushchenko also spoke on the issue of vaccination against influenza. "Today we must do everything in order to respond to comments that the vaccination schedule is seriously disrupted. Believe me, there is no other answer than to raise the culture, to undertake a full schedule of vaccinations, which recommends that the Ministry of Health today. I am talking in general, and the situation that we see, - said Victor Yushchenko, stressing that the only party that has a professional attitude in this matter - it is the Ministry of Health.

You should set google to russian > english, ukrainian gives bad results

"funny", yesterday the doctors said, vaccinations after the start of the outbreak qould do only harm to the people. Dunno exactly though, if that means mandatory vaccinations.

edit:
Yushchenko calls for a total of influenza vaccination
translation of the link ahemot posted

[edit on 1-11-2009 by euleberlin]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by waterdoctor
reply to post by paxnatus

I have been trying to find the gene mutation that was responsible for the 1918 high mortality rate. Pax if you have that would you post it? If this not a good idea then do not post it. This is what caused the virus to become Hemorrhagic in some cases.

The incidence rate is troubling as per www.recombinomics.com...

Also what is "know" is being posted on fluboard.rhizalabs.com...

Hey, Yes i have that some where! will take some digging but I will post as soon as I locate info.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by euleberlin

thanks, I'll try that

edit: thanks for the tip about russian translations
but even after doing so
I see nothing about mandatory vaccinations, he doesn't say that anywhere.

I would strongly suggest that people read what is actually written on those websites and not read what they want to read (mean that in general, not towards one person in paticular)

There is enough fear and panic,

[edit on 1/11/2009 by GypsK]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
if this is really a killer plague or something of the sort easily spreadable what do you think the government will do? wipe out the infected areas IE napalm / nuke

Just a thought half of this info doesnt even seem credible though people are digging up articles from 3 years back and posting them

[edit on 1-11-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
You know many people have said something big was going to happen at the end of October. It looks like this is the start of that.
I can't believe what I dreamed about may be coming true. In my dream soldiers were hunting down people for what I think was some sort of quartine measure or mass vaccination. By the way I had this dream in mid september. The dream said this event will start in 6 weeks from the date. This was like my 9-11 dream. I really wish I could remember the exact date. ( I truly believe this is the event that was in my dreams.)
It does not matter what exactly people believed was going to happen; the bottom line something did happen. Maybe people need to start listening more towards their intution.
The most important thing I remembered from my dream was to hide or leave the area because the soldiers were not there to help.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by dreamseeker]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

In Kiev, there is no flu, but the panic reigns terrible

Chief State Sanitary Doctor of Kiev Alexander Ponomarenko said that in the capital of the morning of November 1 is not fixed any patient with flu.

This Ponomarenko said today during a telethon on TRK "Kyiv" on the situation of morbidity in Ukraine raspiratornymi influenza and acute viral infections (ARI).

"Influenza in the morning today in Kiev is not installed. I confirm this," - said the chief sanvrach capital.

According to him, in the past two days has increased the number of hits in Kiev hospitals with symptoms of flu to 6 thousand hits per day.

This Ponomarenko said that among them are many applications that are almost an advisory nature and caused panic among the population in relation to the situation with the spread of influenza in Ukraine.

As informed the chief sanvrach city epidporog Today Kiev is not broke, that is, the number of patients less than 23 thousand people.

At present, hospitalized in the capital, about 120 people, but laboratory studies have not identified them in the influenza virus.

Found that 4-5% of cases is parainfluenza virus, about 8% - adenoviruses, the rest - from ОРВИ - acute respiratory viral infection, said Ponomarenko.

According to the chief medical officer of the city, the highest incidence observed among students, and last week it rose twice. Slight increase in cases - among students, because now going vacation.

Translation

An interesting comment to the article

In October, the three western regions of Ukraine for preliminary diagnosis of "pneumonia" killed 20 people. In the Ministry of Health can not yet exclude the presence of these people in California influenza A/H1N1. This is today's press conference, said Deputy Minister of Health Mr. Lazoryshynets, "Interfax-Ukraine".Recall that in Ivano-Frankivsk region over the past two weeks have died of SARS six people in Lviv since early October - four of them.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
You know many people have said something big was going to happen at the end of October. It looks like this is the start of that.
I can't believe what I dreamed about may be coming true. In my dream soldiers were hunting down people for what I think was some sort of quartine measure or mass vaccination.
It does not matter what exactly people believed was going to happen; the bottom line something did happen. Maybe people need to start listening more towards their intution.
The most important thing I remembered from my dream was to hide or leave the area because the soldiers were not there to help.

You want to hear something freaky? Something similar happened to me. Last week, I had two terrible nightmares. I very, very, very rarely have nightmares. Can't remember the last one I had.

The first night mare was about pigs. The second nighmare was about eggs...emu eggs.

I wonder if the dream was symbolic....
Swine flu = pigs. Vaccines are made in eggs. I wonder if I has having some kind of premonition in a dream about the swine flu vaccine?

Weird!!!

edit to add: the first part of the first nightmare was about homeopathy. as a pharmacist, I also study homeopathy.

In the 1918 influenza epidemic, the homeopathic physicians only lost 7% of their patients to the influenza, compared to 70% by allopathic doctors.

I think my subconscious is trying to tell me something. So, I'm just passing it along to all of you. There are lots of homeoapthic remedies for the flu out there, if worse comes to worse.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike

Yes, a mandatory vaccination regime is pretty pointless unless they know what the pathogen is. In fact, such a prophylactic measure could even be harmful.

About that report of whole villages being wiped out... Until there is some kind of independent verification or similar cases that can be checked, any reports of an extremely virulent pathogen with a near-100% mortality rate has to viewed with great suspicion and is possibly just the ramblings of a misguided person in a chat room somewhere.

Mike

I have not heard about the villages being wiped out either...is it on TV??

What type of vaccine is this. Is it a nasal spray??

Just called my dad, to ask him if you could reschedule my return flight for me and mentioned the vaccination. He says that I must take it or I cannot return...this is insane....people actually think this is helpful....God....Its frustating...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
There is no news on the TV at all but I am in the USA. I wish I could help you wth more info but it is very spotty.
You must do what you think is right for yourself. Trust your instincts as well as your own knowledge. Good luck to you and I am keeping you and everyone over there in my thoughts.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by dreamseeker]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

According to him, in the past two days has increased the number of hits in Kiev hospitals with symptoms of flu to 6 thousand hits per day.

So, this means, I'm assuming, that 6 thousand people a day are reporting symptoms to local hospitals? lol, that's a little intense. I can't believe this is really happening.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
i think the mods should step in this thread it seems somewhat out of control now with some unreliable information and a lot of here say info.. This thread could lead to a lot of un-needed panic from all around, seems people are already in a panic over this and theres just not a lot of bold information confirming either or

People saying theres tanks on the streets wheres the pictures? Show some proof if you state to see these kind of things

[edit on 1-11-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k

Originally posted by JustMike

Mike

I have not heard about the villages being wiped out either...is it on TV??

What type of vaccine is this. Is it a nasal spray??

Just called my dad, to ask him if you could reschedule my return flight for me and mentioned the vaccination. He says that I must take it or I cannot return...this is insane....people actually think this is helpful....God....Its frustating...

If they are saying you must take this vaccine then they know something that we don't know. They must know what it is. I bet it isn't the swine flu either because if that were the case then the whole country wouldn't be closed down because the swine flu is everywhere now. It is different the swine flu vaccine that is available now won't help you.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahemot
reply to post by infinite

Youschenko demands to implement TOTAL vaccination
rus.4post.com.ua...

[edit on 1-11-2009 by ahemot]

quick translation :

The president of Ukraine Victor Jushchenko under the request of mayor of Lvov has charged to Ministry of Health and governors of areas who are not in a mode of quarantine, to organize granting to Lvov the help, in particular, to direct crews to " the first help ».
As have informed in the Main service of information policy of Secretary of the President, Ющенко on results of meeting concerning a condition of desease of a flu and ОРВИ which took place in Lvov, has given a number of assignments with the purpose of strengthening of struggle against a flu epidemic in Ukraine, in particular, in nine areas where quarantine is declared.

The president has charged to establish a uniform mode of the reporting about desease, thus data should coordinate Ministry of Health and the main state health officer of Ukraine.

Also Ющенко has charged to chairmen of administrations to find most the areas which have suffered from epidemic the conciliatory proposal concerning work of the markets which should stop temporarily work or trade only in articles of food.

The head of the state has noted, that will charge to the Cabinet to change a principle of a payment медработников, mobilized in the field of where quarantine is entered.

According to Ющенко, it is going to lead telephone conversation with a management of Poland concerning granting to Ukraine the help for overcoming epidemic.

The president has informed, that in the Ministry for Foreign Affairs the staff which coordinates questions of reception of the humanitarian help from other countries yesterday is organized.

Speaking about a situation with maintenance with medical products, the President ascertained: « If in the state the market mechanism of price control to medicines will not be accepted, we shall never have them enough. We shall be only подпитывать shadow processes which will lead to the fabulous price for preparations, the price on which could be in times less ». Ющенко has called medical community to borrow more an active position in this question which politicians abuse.

The president also has charged to Ministry of Health to declare a categorical position in occasion of unfair advertising medicines for a flu.

Ющенко also has expressed concerning vaccination from a flu. « Today we need to make all to react to the remark, that the schedule of inoculations is seriously broken. Believe, other answer is not present how to lift culture, to lead the full schedule of inoculations which recommends today Ministry of Health. I speak both as a whole, and on that situation which we consider », - the President has told, having noted, that the unique party which has a professional position in this question is Ministry of Health.

Uhly translation , i know sorry. I don't see anywhere the mention of mandatory. Only some discussion about price and food shops. I'm start to question your art of report...

[edit on 1-11-2009 by piett]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
i think the mods should step in this thread it seems somewhat out of control now with some unreliable information and a lot of here say info.. This thread could lead to a lot of un-needed panic from all around, seems people are already in a panic over this and theres just not a lot of bold information confirming either or

I disagree about the mods stepping in because there appears to be a news blackout on this. People need some sort of information.
What if this spreads. I am already panicked so it is too late. I would rather be panicked and informed.
I hate being caught off guard! If this is going to spread all over the world than we have a heads up.

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join