It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I think a lot of you on this thread need to try for a minute or two to get some sort of grip on reality before someone scares them self to death.
Just some well meaning advice.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I'm on Twitter following a guy covering the situation.

# #H1N1 Attack rate explodes in Ukraine as fatalities top 50 #Swineflu http://(link tracking not allowed)/1ryzdvabout 3 hours ago from web

#H1N1 Map of Ukraine outbreak #swineflu http://(link tracking not allowed)/2n3Fuv2:23 PM Oct 30th from web

#H1N1 Fatalies in western Ukraine approach 100 - 3 week halt #swineflu http://(link tracking not allowed)/1UH3jb1:15 PM Oct 30th from web

What's the username?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Evidences of bio-war attack on Ukraine:

www.kavkazcenter.com...

The epidemic in Ukraine out of control:

www.kavkazcenter.com...

The last link mentions "strain No. 14" - a deadly weaponized plague developed in the former USSR, which is disseminated through WATER.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

um no fast fix delete your old cookies and cache

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahemot
Evidences of bio-war attack on Ukraine:

www.kavkazcenter.com...

The epidemic in Ukraine out of control:

www.kavkazcenter.com...

The last link mentions "strain No. 14" - a deadly weaponized plague developed in the former USSR, which is disseminated through WATER.

Tip: Use babelfish.yahoo.com... to translate the links.

Some interesting parts:

“The symptoms of this illness in practice do not differ from symptomatology “pig influenza”. Only bacteriological examination can determine it. And in the ministry they know about that which people can kill not influenza, namely plague”, he said. The same version is discussed on Wednesday physicians [Ivano]-[Frankovshchiny]. “The anatomical pathologist, who made opening, it saw lungs and said that such can only from pulmonary plague”, said doctor of one of the local hospitals.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mkross1983

Link

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
those links are not in English. Is there way to translate? I am also curious as to the twitter site about the urkarine situation.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

IN ENGLISH

translate.google.com...

translate.google.com...

[edit on 1-11-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Situation in Belarus is reportedly the same as Ukraine, but seeing the country is the last dictatorship in Europe - the government is not commenting on independent reports.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

Googles translator does a MUCH worse job than Babelfish. But thanks anyway.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Youtube are having problems.

I wonder if they are under denial of service attacks to make news from Ukraine more difficult to spread.

link   
Babelfish link
Very scary, if true!

Increasingly more frequently sound statements, that this is the epidemic of pulmonary plague.

Already that first sentence should make you read the whole article. There comes more, way more, all supported by sources. Wish i´d see such articles in MSM...

reps to ahemot, nice (or baaaad) find!

[edit on 1-11-2009 by euleberlin]

[edit on 1-11-2009 by euleberlin]

link   

Originally posted by euleberlin
Babelfish link
Very scary, if true!

Increasingly more frequently sound statements, that this is the epidemic of pulmonary plague

Already that first sentence should make you read the whole article.

And nothing in the western mass media. Its quite stunning.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Link

Sorry, it looks like you were replying to my twitter username question but it links to an article that doesn't mention twitter.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
BELARUS AND MODOVA?

I've seen a few posters mentioning similar outbreaks in Belarus and Modova, possible in Poland as well.
Can anyone provide a link to a source about this? I searched but can't find it.
thanks

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Opps wrong link!

I'll U2U the correct one

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

reply to post by nikiano

State of Emergency, blackouts are in place and emergency broadcast begins. Expect the news coverage to be limited and controlled.

Duh... I am such an idiot sometimes!

Now it makes sense...that's why Obama called a State of Emergency.

Makes sense...maybe they're trying to prevent a massive rush and hoarding of anti-virals and antibiotics.

Well, don't worry, seriously...I work in a hospital, and I can confirm that every hosptial in the US was given out tons of antivirals back in May, in case a scenario happens here like it has in the Ukraine. So, if there is a total outbreak, we are covered here in the U.S. with antivirals. If it's not resistant by then.

I am just a very curious person, so I'm glad that there are these underground websites for some of us to get the news anyway.

Here's the big question....will they shut down ATS for sharing news, when the blackout is in force? I hope not.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ukmadmax

We are trying to get a grip on reality. The true reality -- or at least as near as we can get to it -- not the watered-down, fake-and-filtered version that the msm is serving up.

Also, many of us have good reason to be concerned. We live close enough to what's going on that it could well be on our doorstep very shortly, if it's not already.

If you are able to remain completely unconcerned then that's fine. But please allow us the right to try and find out what is really going on, when in many places the sainted "honest reporting" mainstream media are not saying a word!

This is not about scare-mongering. It's about trying to counter that notion by getting reliable information -- information that is becoming increasingly hard to come by. It's about the President of Ukraine issuing pleas to other countries to send aid, because his country cannot cope on its own. It's about trying to find out why the silence from major western powers has been deafening.

I can get in my car and drive and be at the Ukrainian border tomorrow morning, probably passing people from there who are headed to my own city. Ukrainian border controls or not, I can tell you from experience that there are ways out.

And others here on this thread are closer than me or actually in the affected areas. Like the OP, for example.

So we don't need you to tell us how we should be feeling, thank you very much.

Mike

[edit on 1/11/09 by JustMike]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

You're so off the mark it's not even funny. There is NO WAY in hell US hospitals are prepared for a major serious viral outbreak like what's happening in Ukraine. NO WAY! I'm an RN and I work in a major US hospital. Our ERs are already overcrowded and on code diversions daily. People would freak out and flood the ERs and spread this thing like crazy. We'd run out of antivirals in a matter of weeks. Most hospitals DO NOT stock pile medicines. They might have gotten a larger than normal supply this year but hardly anything that would sustain a major outbreak of a very deadly and contagious virus. Most ICUs are already very busy add deadly virus victims requiring ventilators, and scarce monitoring equipment and you have a VERY bad situation in the US if this outbreak occurred. America overall is VERY disorganized when it comes to natural disaster or bioterrorism. VERY VERY DISORGANIZED! Hell nowadays people go into a hospital and COME OUT with an infection. Last place I'd want to be is near a hospital with lots of other sick people. Unfortunately I work in one.

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join