It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano
No kidding! I just went on CNN.com. Nothing. Foxnews.com...Nothing.
Not even in the health section.

Amazing....I mean, think back to a few months ago when they were hyping up the swine flu like crazy. You would think that THIS development would be all over the news.

Think about SARS a few years ago....remember how they were all over that in Japan?

I cannot believe there is NO coverage of Ukraine right now. Makes me think that a blackout has been ordered....

There is an anti=panic in place in all media news rooms. This is enforced by the White House. Also alot of people are so saturated with the swine flu obsession that many will laugh and do nothing... This is why a pandemic will be really big sooner or later.

link   
Flutracker.rhizalabs

A Polish member reporting, on his/her national radio, that many are escaping Ukraine and fleeing to Poland. Hospitals are allegedly turning patients away.

link   
OK, so why did this virus get released in Ukraine? Perhaps because of this:

Ukraine is one of the largest countries in Europe, with 46 million people, and serves as a vital transportation point for natural gas from Russia.

Despite its deepening economic crisis, Ukraine has had no finance minister since February 2009. It also has no foreign minister or defense minister. The transportation minister just stepped down. The interior minister has offered to resign as well, after being accused of drunken behavior.

The deadlock has led the major European nations to voice growing alarm that Ukraine is incapable of dealing with its disintegrating economy.

They fear that an economic collapse in Ukraine could reverberate throughout the former Soviet bloc and beyond.

Source

Bingo? This could be exacly whats needed to push Ukraine over the edge. The US economy is pretty much set up to crash whenever they want it to. Perhaps the Sovjet bloc and Europe is next.

And I bet they dont like this either:

Whatever the discord, Ukraine is more free than most former Soviet republics, with a relatively uncontrolled news media and a far less repressive security apparatus.

Problem, Crisis, Solution...

[edit on 1-11-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Ive been reading this from page one, Asen, my prayers and thoughts for you and whomever in the country experiancing this.....now, I remembered watching a documentry awhile back on the 1918 influenza epidemic and watched it again a bit ago, there is a Virologist named Professor John Oxford. He has for years been studying the previous influenzas saying there had to have been a precursor to the 1918 flu, He found one man in France who, in 1916, had the hemorragic reaction before the 1918 outbreak. I looked the Professor up online and found his address, now since anyone can look this up, I feel I can post this here....also, since he is a Virologist AND in London, maybe somehow this story can be sent across to the western MSM???

Professor of Virology
Scientific Director of Retroscreen Virology Ltd.
Centere for Infectious Diseases
Bart's and the London
Queen Marys School of Medicine and Dentistry
327 Mile End Road
London
E1 4NS
United Kingdom

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I'm on Twitter following a guy covering the situation.

# #H1N1 Attack rate explodes in Ukraine as fatalities top 50 #Swineflu http://(link tracking not allowed)/1ryzdvabout 3 hours ago from web

#H1N1 Map of Ukraine outbreak #swineflu http://(link tracking not allowed)/2n3Fuv2:23 PM Oct 30th from web

#H1N1 Fatalies in western Ukraine approach 100 - 3 week halt #swineflu http://(link tracking not allowed)/1UH3jb1:15 PM Oct 30th from web

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k

Originally posted by Copernicus

The temperature inside the lungs gets raised to 55 degrees....

The vaccine probably only makes you more vulnerable to this unknown decease.

Hope this wakes up the western media to our dire situation here....

Thats why I made the video before i went to bed last night . There are some more on my channel too.

Good luck man. My prayers are with you.

Funny how youtube has been temporarily down now.... In MID DAY

[edit on 1-11-2009 by seattletruth]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedtobehuman
There is definately something wrong with the western media. Usually everybody tries to jump onto a story like that. Maybe there are restrictions in the US due to the national emergency plan that is in place since a week. But this does not explain why everybody else keeps quiet.

I am really at a loss to explain this. I am in Canada, not the US, and yet there has been absolutely not one single word about this on the CBC website.

It would appear that the BBC, CBC and all mainstream media in the US are in lockstep shutdown on this one. It looks like a coordinated effort.

This is really strange in that Canada has millions of people with Ukrainian heritage. The CBC should have been all over this. Two emails and I have yet to get an answer from them. Something more than fishy. It can't help but make one more worried about what the truth is behind all this.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Financial Times have an article up about this situation. They also have another article with today's date on it about The Ukraine: here.

IMF warns Ukraine on aid

The International Monetary Fund has warned that it could cut financial assistance to Ukraine, one of the world’s most recession hit economies, after the country veered “off track” by adopting populist wage and pension increases.

The warning came after Viktor Yushchenko, Ukraine’s president, on Friday signed the increases into law, ignoring warnings from the IMF and Yulia Tymoshenko, his prime minister and bitter rival. The standoff is rooted in a rivalry between Ukraine’s political leaders ahead of a hotly contested presidential election to be held in January.

Fears loom that such cut-throat rivalries could plunge Ukraine, a country where European banks hold a 40 per cent market share and where the west has jostled with Russia for influence, into a financial meltdown ahead of the elections.

Interesting timing or interesting tiding?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This might have been posted but just in-case:

05:39 p.m. Doctors are calling on citizens not to vaccinate against influenza, because such vaccination in the midst of the epidemic may injure the health, coordinator of epidemic influenza in Lviv Miron Borysevich claimed at a press conference, proUA.com reports.

"When an outbreak of influenza begins, nobody is being vaccinated. From the point of view of epidemiology this can not be done because it is harmful. It may harm the patient," - he said.

At the same time, doctors advise not to communicate with people who are sick. If you have to contact with sick people, use flu masks.

A closed meeting has been held in Ivano-Frankivsk, at which participants agreed that epidemic of the so-called "pneumonic plague" is being spread throughout Ukraine. But the problem is its form is unknown, it is ATYPICAL nobody knows how to treat it.

PNEUMONIC PLAGUE has an acute course than other forms, over and is accompanied by a very high mortality rate. The incubation period of primary pneumonic plague rarely exceeds more than 1-4 days. It begins, as a rule, suddenly - with shivering, fever, headache, myalgia, weakness, nausea. The symptoms of pneumonia - cough with phlegm, chest pain, shortness of breath - usually appear on the second day of the disease. Blood spitting, growing respiratory disorders, heart failure, respiratory failure, shock are being observed. In primary pneumonic plague phlegm usually is watery or mucinous, foamy, with blood or visibly bloody.

A secondary pneumonic plague occurs as interstitial pneumonia. Phlegm is scanty and more dense and viscous than in primary pulmonary plague. It is believed that in this regard, patients are less contagious.

Source

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth

Ive never seen it be down like this before. Sites like these have load balancing, mirrors and everything. Not even a message. Someone has pulled the plug.

Lets hope it comes back up soon. Its our best chance to follow whats happening in Ukraine.

Edit: Its up.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

Was thinking similar thoughts too.

Strangely, all the main twitter pages (covering Swine Flu) have not reported in months

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The Minister of Health of Ukraine Vasily Knjazevich: Ministry of Health plans to declare quarantine in all territory of Ukraine.

www.vesti.ru...

Comment: It seems that this outbreak is unstoppable in Ukraine. The last hope is to block all movement across the international borders of Ukraine. Russia and Belarus have already done this. However, EU countries are still waiting for the decision of some bureaucrats in Brussels until it may be too late ...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Originally posted by seattletruth

Ive never seen it be down like this before. Sites like these have load balancing, mirrors and everything. Not even a message. Someone has pulled the plug.

Lets hope it comes back up soon. Its our best chance to follow whats happening in Ukraine.

dude it is not down it works fine you seem to be posting this in alot of threads for some weird reason

[edit on 1-11-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Its back up and working for me, was down when i tried about 5mins back though. Watching the clip linked above now.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

dude it is not down it works fine you seem to be posting this in alot of threads for some weird reason

Two threads. And it was down for a couple of minutes.

link   
Youtube is up!!

link   

Originally posted by Beegs
reply to post by Copernicus

Its back up and working for me, was down when i tried about 5mins back though. Watching the clip linked above now.

normal non ordinary maintenance

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ahemot

Oh, it is too late for the European Union. The virus has probably spread into Poland (we need to monitor the situation)

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

150.000 people in western parts of the country diagnosed with respiratory illness?

That sounds almost insane... considering it hasnt even reached the capital yet.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

I also tried the link to youtube and got an apache server "error 400" message. So I tried to get into youtube by google. Still the same message.

Sooooo... Fast fix (if you have Firefox):

left click "History" on browser top line,

left click "Show all History"

left click "Organize"

If you have the latest version it will select all. If you don't,

left click "Select all"

left click "Organize" again

left click "Delete"

If you have the latest version, after the first click on "Organize" just click "Delete".

The video should now load and play.

Try it and let me know if it works.

Regards,

Mike

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join