It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

BBC world news would be the one to look at.. I don't really know about BBC America, but my guess is it's something completely different than their news programs.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Right now it seems this is the most important thread. This could be the key to how this whole H1N1 situation plays out or the key to a new virus that has sprung up. Right now I am only checking and responding to this thread.
I really wish there was mainstream media coverage because all information based upon the internet at this point.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luppakorva

BBC world news would be the one to look at.. I don't really know about BBC America, but my guess is it's something completely different than their news programs.

I am going to call my cable company to see where BBC world news is; it does not appear to be in my line up.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I've been watching this with interest and am very concerned right now.

Still no reports in the UK MSM.Shocking show really.I realise they don't want to panic anybody but,NO news at all?Astonishing

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zeddissad

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm glad to hear that from a Czech.

I know what you mean about some of those "independents". But at least we are getting some information here, which in many countries they are not.

No problem about the beer. Glad to. Just send me a U2U and we can arrange to meet.

But if you hear any "whispers" then let us know. We all have our own contacts and you might hear something that I won't. My wife will check with Slovak friends to see what information they are getting.

EDIT: I'd be very glad if you could keep us up to date with the local Czech media. I didn't mind doing it but you would doubtless manage it a lot better and faster than me. So -- thank you!

zatim ahoj,

Mike

[edit on 31/10/09 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Finally there is something in the local paper in Canada. There is much the same information with a few details filled in, such as markets charging double the price for lemons, and pharmacies threatened with fines for not stocking enough meds.

www.windsorstar.com...

just checked and there still is nothing on national tv, CBC. (3:26 EST) I sent them an email asking why not?

[edit on 10/31/2009 by wayno]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

By no means am sure they are to show anything at all, but just a guess.. I trust them the most from international media.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k
I just contacted a friend of mine. He is a doctor. He is very sick, he coud not even talk in the phone properly. He was short of breath and coughing. He said he did anti virals. I asked him if used Tamipflu, he said something like he did and has improved a bit. I am not 100% sure i heard him correctly.
He said last night 500 people were admitted in the hospital and 84 died till now. He is saying mortality is very high. Who knows how many more will die...

Even for acute cases of hospital admissions, 84 out of 500 is a very high mortality in a single day. That's 16.8%! It looks like it will be very important to find out how many people have severe cases, but have not been admitted to hospital due to a shortage of beds.

Stay in touch, okay?

I got your latest U2U reply and sent one back to you.

Mike

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I googled "Ukraine Outbreak" and in the results came up this page

I don't know how reliable the news website is but it has some photos of what I assume is people from Ukraine which are all wearing the surgical masks

zik.com.ua...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
reply to post by GypsK

Yes, that's the way I guessed they meant it. The original rough-translation sentence reads "Also seven million meters gauze released for foot caps of it." so I had to tidy it up to make some reasonable sense.

Yes they released seven million meters gauze bandages to make mouth protection masks.

www.nos.nl...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Russia establishes checkpoints in Voronezh oblast near the border with Ukraine.
www.baltinfo.ru...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This doesn't make sense to me. This seems to be one of the most important world events going on right now. In watching CNN they have mentioned about things happening in Britain some sort of past terrorists type event yet not this. I just called my cable provider and they said there is no international news station in america.
The customer service guy said don't worry about it; it in the Urkarine. It could go over the whole world for all we know. I have an auqintance in Hungary which is in Europe so I bet he would get to him first. I have not heard from him in a long time though.
He has changed his e-mail so no clue how to get a hold of him. I know he travels around Europe so hopefully he aviods the Urkarine.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
On the borders of the Lvov, Ivano-Frankovsk and Ternopol regions there are police quarantine posts which do not allow cars to leave outside the borders of these areas.

7ja.net...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Still no mention of it on BBC, Sky etc here in the uk from what i can see.

Ive just switched over to Russia Today and its reporting the story.

9 regions of western ukraine have been placed on quarantine alert, kiev also thoguh there is no reported cases there. 48 deaths, 1 of which is confirmed swine flu, others unknown respiratory illnesses. The worst affected region has over 1300 people in hospital.

There was a mention in the report that it could perhaps be a hoax designed to tip the due elections one way or another. Rallys concerts etc will of course be banned whilst there is a outbreak of this seriousness.

The ticker at the bottom of the screen said more on these storys at rt.com...
whether its featured there or not i dont know.

Been following this thread myself since lastnight and wasnt sure if it was perhaps a hoax or not, no offence to the op but you gotta take everything with a pinch of salt these days. Lets just hope its some sort of scam by the government there to delay the elections and not the mutation of swine flu that everyone fears it might be.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Maybe they think they will be able to contian whatever this is so they feel it is irrelvant to talk about it. They probably don't want to panic people. I would rather be pancked and in the know as opposed to non-panicked and taken by suprise.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Still not being reported in the west but it is now being reported in the far east.www.etaiwannews.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
CZ MSM unisono reports Ukraina outbreak as a/H1N1. But reporting is obviously non-professional. No question why is "a/H1N1" outbreak at Ukraina so bad. Its "pig flu"! So say our brave journalists - do not believe them. They are probably not lying purposely just now, but they do not know about what they are talking.
Independent media are silent as expected.
Next step is to call my Russian connection

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
German MSM cover this, but ALL say it´s H1N1:
news.google.de...
Makes me sick, they all lie intentionally, although they know, that it´s not yet confirmed that it´s H1N1.

They seriously want us to take the damn vaccine...
Here´s a SPIEGEL article about H1N1, no mention of Ukraine, but one interesting sentence in this context:
www.spiegel.de...
google translated

On Friday three other swine flu patients had died in Germany, including first time a patient with no known medical history. Exner said the case showed that an infection could proceed seriously even in otherwise healthy people. Kekulé stated that in very rare cases, the swine flu induces a direct pneumonia. "The virus can affect directly the lower respiratory tract and then cause death. Health expert Gottschalk said: "All the cases so far were only skirmishes, now it goes off."

Makes me wonder if it´s here already...

[edit on 31-10-2009 by euleberlin]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Beegs

I understand your skepticism, especially considering the political shenanigans in the Ukraine in the past. However it seems far too an extreme way to go about things, really. My own feeling is that this is for real and my private communications with the OP don't sway me from that. Rather, they strengthen it.

In any case, if it were all a setup, why would the OP bother to post on ATS? He has been a member of good standing here on ATS since Feb of 07, with 14 threads and over 35,000 ATS points and is not one who is given to hoaxing. If he believed the matter were a hoax I'd expect him to say "all this stuff about lots of deaths from a mystery disease is just a trick."

But no, he's not saying that at all. He's telling it as he sees it, and it fills in some details in the rather large but muddied picture we are getting from various sources.

The fact of the matter is that the event is being reported in the msm in some countries (with others now picking up on it), with the focus being on the medical emergency rather than the upcoming elections (in mid-Jan next year).

The amount of confusion over the facts regarding casualties, hospitalizations and even the nature of the pathogen itself, are all pretty typical of a "panic in progress" type of situation rather than a cynical attempt by the Ukrainian powers-that-be to derail the electioneering processes in their nation. In any case, if they wanted to put the elections off it would have been easier to stage such an event just after the New Year. With it coming now, around two-and-a-half months before election day, there is ample time for people to discover if this is for real or not, and if it's all a setup, then those in power will doubtless not be after the elections finally occur.

I say none of this in criticism of yourself, for as I stated, a degree of skepticism is not unwarranted. I just feel that in this case, if we are being fooled then so is the OP, and he by multiple sources, including his own teachers (who are doctors) and even a friend who is also one. On balance, I think that's pretty unlikely.

Best regards,

Mike

[edit on 31/10/09 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I agree with whoever said that this thread is probably the most important one we have right now. T Hings are developing fast.

Everyone who hasn't should star and flag this thread to get more attention.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join