It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
We are seeing so many conflicting reports it's really like their trying to confuse us.Some articles peoples lungs are melting then some it's just swine flu. It would be great if we could get some real numbers so we could find the mortality rate which will tell the story. If it is the plague the kill rate is between 5 to 10% even when treated compared to the swine flu which is between .007 and.1.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
double post..

[edit on 31/10/09 by asen_y2k]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

If they report any of this Mike it will sway North Americans from getting the swine flu shot.
They have put too much effort into the hype to back away now.
You know how it goes..create a big fearful scenario HERE, so you don't see the slight of hand over THERE.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I just contacted a friend of mine. He is a doctor. He is very sick, he coud not even talk in the phone properly. He was short of breath and coughing. He said he did anti virals. I asked him if used Tamipflu, he said something like he did and has improved a bit. I am not 100% sure i heard him correctly.
He said last night 500 people were admitted in the hospital and 84 died till now. He is saying mortality is very high. Who knows how many more will die...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Check this out- Link

Talks about the quarantine, police checkpoints(I heard her say militsya...my Ukrainian is weak), talks about lack of masks in stores, the parliament, health minister interview, etc

Someone who speaks fluent rus/ukr please check it out and translate the imp points.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
First report i have found on mainstream news in the Nehterlands.

www.nos.nl...

Here they say Ukraine govenment uses extreme measures to fight the quick spreading of the "Swine flu"

I try and translate or find the article in english later.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeddissad

Yes, CZ "serious" media usually just repeat western MSM. It is really strange that CZ newspapers didn't come 5 days later after event as usually. May be I should not call all CZ journalists dumb herd
as I often do.

Some conspiracy to stay at theme:
Why western MSM do not report such big event?

a) some really nasty conspiracy is behind
b) they are totally on "swine flu" so any other "bug" is potential distraction from their preplanned propaganda/advertisement schema, so they are deciding how to go with this
ba) western MSM are waiting for decision from their masters

No, mate pravdu... Kydz jsou to nejake "zapadni" udalosti, je to normalne, ze cekame 4 - 5 dnu, ale tentokrat je to neco uplne jineho, ze jo?

A ano -- proc neslysime ani slovo z "western" MSM?

Prosim, slysite-li jeste neco zajimaveho o tom, dej nas vedet, okay? Je to mozny, ze mate nejaky zdroje, ktery nejsou pro mne dostupny.

Omlouvam se, ze muj Cesky ma nekolik gramatickych chyb... To umim cist ale jak se pise neni tak jednoduchy, vite.

English (because the T&C here demand it.)

Yes, you're right... When there are some "western" events, it is normal that we wait 4 - 5 days, but this time it's something completely different, isn't it?

And yes -- why have we heard not even a word from the "western" msm?

Please, if you hear something else interesting about this, let us know, okay? It's possible that you have some sources that are not accessible for me.

I am sorry that my Czech has several grammatical errors... I know how to read it but how to write it is not so easy, you know.

s pozdravim,

Mike

[edit on 31/10/09 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Thanks for reporting this asen_y2k,

I hope you are staying indoors, and away from groups, or where groups have been. Stay safe.

Could it be a chemical leak?

This 'melting lungs' thing seems like either Ebola virus, or some kind of toxic chemical in the air.

How is Ukrainian industries safety records?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I have had CNN for almost an hour and nothing. What news station can I watch that is more international?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I come from Finland. I have seen only a short article about this case in the finnish media. Basically it's just telling that Ukrainian government has closed all public events for 3 weeks because of H1N1 infections. At the end of the article, it says that there's also tens of unexplained deaths from pneumonia. That's it. No more information.

Then I found this discussion here on ATS, and was shocked how "big" this emergency really was. I have told my friends about this case but they don't believe me, because finnish media hasn't got any more news about this emergency than the tiny snippet I mentioned. They don't want to read the stuff from "unofficial" sources. I find it sad

God bless you Ukraina.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Tapir]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
I have had CNN for almost an hour and nothing. What news station can I watch that is more international?

If you have a wii and its connected to the internet you can use the "wii news" or whatever its called its international.

Just Google World News and youll find something mate

On an additional note i typed that in and kept getting useless news with no news on Ukraine... Interesting...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

My guess is that bbc is going to be one of the firsts to publish something if they are to publish something about it. American media is what is is.. propaganda

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan
First report i have found on mainstream news in the Nehterlands.

www.nos.nl...

Here they say Ukraine govenment uses extreme measures to fight the quick spreading of the "Swine flu"

I try and translate or find the article in english later.

Okay, thanks for posting that. Here's a version I just did. It's close I hope:

Draconian Measures Against Ukraine Flu

Ukraine has announced draconian measures to halt the spread of the Mexican flu virus. All schools in the country are being closed for three weeks and all public meetings have been canceled. The government is encouraging people to put off travel.

Also, citizens are being advised to wear surgical masks.

The restrictions come at an unfortunate moment in Ukraine, where the campaign for the January 17 presidential elections were due to start. Not even political meetings will go ahead.

Uncertainties
It is not clear exactly how many are suffering from flu in the country. According to official figures from the Ministry of Health there is only one person who has died from the flu. However, President Yushchenko has stated 48 deaths. He also said that 5000 people were in hospital. The Minister of Health gives (states?) thirteen infections.

According to Prime Minister Tymoshenko, the Government’s efforts are to bring the flu to a halt. Emergency funds are to be used to to secure the purchase of additional antiviral drugs. Also seven million meters of gauze are being made available to combat it.

End of translation.

(Not too sure about that last sentence.)

Sure some variations in the figures there -- and the nature of the situation. Seems like a sanitized report, which is possibly a taste of what we'll get from the big msm when they get round to finishing their reports.

Mike

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Also seven million meters of gauze are being made available to combat it.

this means bandages, seven mil meters of bandages so people can make their own masks

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luppakorva
reply to post by dreamseeker

My guess is that bbc is going to be one of the firsts to publish something if they are to publish something about it. American media is what is is.. propaganda

BBC america is that the same thing? It is not informative as a cooking show is on right now? I wander if a more conservative news station might cover it such as FOX news. I know a lot of the more liberal media seems to try to make it seem like everything is ok.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
There are lots of conflicting reports and misconceptions in this thread, in my opinion.

First of all, pneumonic plague is a bacterial infection, not a virus. Everything that has been reported thus far - conflicting though it may be in terms of whether it is H1N1 or a new/unknown strain of influenza or something entirely different - has said that this is a virus, and not a bacterial infection.

With that said, influenza is, to my knowledge, the most common cause of VIRAL pneumonia, and the most common indirect cause of SECONDARY bacterial pneumonia, so the two frequently go hand in hand. It isn't unreasonable at all to speculate that this might simply be a high incidence rate of secondary bacterial infections coupled with an H1N1 (or even just normal seasonal flu) epidemic. I have to stress though that that's all that is; speculation.

So if we assume that reports are at least accurate in that this is a VIRUS, and not literally pneumonic plague, we have to ask, what viruses can cause hemorrhagic pneumonia? In rare cases seasonal influenza can lead to this complication. There has been speculation that it may be more common in H1N1 infections. This wouldn't be out of line with earlier studies indicating the novel H1N1 strain has a greater propensity to infect lung tissue than most seasonal influenza strains. We also need to keep in mind that hemorrhagic pneumonia can be a complication of many different bacterial infections (Legionella, etc.) of the respiratory tract, which, again, aren't uncommon in people who already have viral pneumonia or even just a bad case of the seasonal flu.

So, what is worrying about these reports? Well, what's most worrying at least to me, is that presumably doctors in Ukraine are using standard treatments, and in any least 37 cases over a very short period of time, they haven't worked, and the final result has been death. So either we're dealing with a more pathogenic form of influenza, an entirely new virus, antibiotic-resistant bacterial strains, or absolutely horrible medical standards (or some combination of the above.) Otherwise, several standard antibiotic treatments would have treated these people, even in the unlikely case that this is pneumonic plague.

Just my two cents.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Izmail, Ukraine's port city on the Danube near the Romanian border has been quarantined.
forum.od.ua...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Very nice Czech. OK, I have no other sources than you have from CZ MSM and you interpreted them well into English. I'll check also CZ/SK "independent" media, but they are usually dependent on UK/US independent media
.... so dead end.
Tomorrow I'm going to Prague so we can have a beer if "pandemic" situation turn better. Otherwise it would be probably better to limit personal meetings.
EDIT - I want to thank you for reporting CZ media - even if you are not native. It is big shame that nobody? (even me) didn't took your role. Thank you very much.

PS for all. I'm fluent in Czech language so I'll try to report things from this domain. Another thing is, that it was BioLab at Moravia (Czech republic) which reported contaminated "vaccine" delivered by Austria/Magyar branch of Baxter to about 10 labs in Europe earlier this year. This story was almost suppressed by MSM worldwide but there are still some traces in local newspapers here. So if anybody is looking some material around just ask me.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by zeddissad]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Tapir

Ahh Fellow Finn
. Not in Finland right now myself but nice to see someone else from Finland here as well.

Indeed pretty much nothing yet in Finnish media and I actually don't expect anything coming out today neither. They react pretty slowly to things such as this.

I think the best bet is to look for alternative sources for the time being.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Yes, that's the way I guessed they meant it. The original rough-translation sentence reads "Also seven million meters gauze released for foot caps of it." so I had to tidy it up to make some reasonable sense.

I make a fair proportion of my living by proofing and/or revising translations so I'm used to seeing all sorts of weird and wonderful phrasing.

Seven million metres sounds like a lot, but in a country whose population is around 46 million or so, it's not a huge amount once it's equitably shared around.

If it gets equitably shared around.

Latest TV report here is quoting figures of 150,000 people who are "suspected" of being infected. Also the TV news reports that while the borders were to be closed, that has not yet happened.

Mike

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join