It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The Peace Corps has a unit in Kiev, one of my good friends for undergrad is there working now!

I cannot get a hold of her, but I am wondering if they will be allowed to come home or if they will have to stay through this mess (and if coming home they will bring the virus with them)?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Mike; do you know 48 deaths of how many infected? Or in hospital or other related numbers we need to know better?

Regards Sweden

link   

Originally posted by gusan
reply to post by spikey

Exactly how i see it.
Also have in mind Obama declaring state of emergency..for what?! Now we know, they are afraid of something terrible, Norway has a mutation, China has a situation like Ukraina...
They know something we do not. Thats it!

I have not heard anything about China. WHere did you get your info. I will have to do a search on this. Do you have any links on this?

link   
www.google.com...

translated from french:

Four people died and 13 cases of H1N1 have been confirmed in Ukraine, said Saturday the head of the country's health, Olexander Bilovol in remarks broadcast on television.

Mr. Bilovol also said that 36 people had died of pneumonia in four western regions, it is not possible to confirm if these deaths are related to the H1N1 virus.

President Viktor Yushchenko gave much higher figures but referred to all forms of flu combined. According to news agency Interfax, he said that 48 people died and more than 150,000 people were infected.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I find exactly THIS disturbing what you're saying as actually. Why is not MSM reporting it, two options. It's nothing at all, just Ukraine elite's plan to get more votes for themselves in the upcoming elections, or it is the real thing and they want it to be censored to avoid panic.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
reply to post by eraserer

They were articles in mainstream news? Well, at least that is something! We did a quick survey earlier today and got negative reports from members in Belgium, the Netherlands and Sweden. And apparently there is nothing in the msm in the US.

If anyone has information of msm reports in the US then please let us know. It's quite scary in a way that they have not been reporting this at all.

Mike

Yup, mainstream news.

www.tv2nyhetene.no...

www.dagbladet.no...

Norway has suffered more deaths from H1N1 relative to the population than any other European country. Even stranger is the fact that Sweden has only reported two deaths, whereas none have died from the flu yet in Denmark. This has lead some researchers to believe that another variation or mutation of the flu is spreading in Norway.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

A post about five pages back or so said some odd 90 people had it in one location and 24 had died so I did the math. But who knows if those numbers are accurate or not. VERY HIGH and BAD if that is the case. Obviously we have numbers being thrown around all over and repeated so who knows the real story. Asen you're situation seems to be getting worse by the minute. I really wish you the best and thank you again for the continued updates during all of this.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I just found an article on one MSM over here, they only mention schools are closed and so on. All because of the h1n1 flue virus..nothing on the "unknown" cases.

link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

I'd check your maths, if i were you mate!

6% of 81,000 is over 4000!

Not 50.

Even 0.6% is nearly 500!

The mortality rate (so far) is roughly 0.06%.

link   
reply to post by Amagnon

After suggesting to other members that we should be wary of speculating, I'll now respond to you by saying:

COME ON, FOX, CNN, ALL YOU OTHER MSM!!

Do you guys really think you own the damned world?

Take note: In the Ukraine, a beautiful country full of wonderful people...

people are dying and in many cases the doctors don't know the cause...

police are manning checkpoints to prevent people leaving...

their President has ordered military field hospitals set up...

citizens can't even buy medicines...

large hospitals are filling up...

and you wonderful "honest-reporting" media are saying NOTHING?

End of rant (for now).

And Amagnon... star for your post.

Mike

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

I'd check your maths, if i were you mate!

6% of 81,000 is over 4000!

Not 50.

Even 0.6% is nearly 500!

The mortality rate (so far) is roughly 0.06%.

I admit I am bad at math. I get a D in algebra. When I divided 50/81,000 I came up with 6.17 roughly?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Luppakorva

Actually they are; but they are not covering it or giving it any space/time to mention. They just have small notice on the issue that schools are closed..and that the desission was made after 1 death was reported!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gusan

TV report said 1,000 hospitalized, of whom 48 had died.

I'd have to say though that those numbers would not be accurate as these statistics depend on gathering the data from all sources. We also have to consider those people who have not been hospitalized but might have died (and in the country regions people just don't go to the doctor so much), and the fact that there is also a lag on collating data. But even so, that's eleven more than this time yesterday, which I feel is something to note.

Mike

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Twitter account users: use the search function with word -Ukraine- and information is starting to pop up.

Also, to address MSM lack of reporting: start posting on MSM reporters Twitter accounts. i.e. Anderson Cooper, Roland Martin, Candy Crowly, (Those are CNN.)

At the very least, those in the pubic who are subscribed to the accounts will start seeing these notes. Use links to local papers, and local news stories about the sicknesses in Ukraine. etc.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Yes, agree; we have all learned from a year back when it all started ..in any case we have to give Asen y2k the most credibility right now i think. What she sais is not was MSM is saying.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Frankly if the mortality rate turns out to be 0.06% I for one will be incredibly relieved. Seasonal flu typically runs at about 0.1% and I'll take my chances with a seasonal-flu type of condition.

It's still worrying that we are getting reports of a large percentage of deaths in the 20 to 40 age group -- or at least the sub-40 group. This is reminiscent of the 1918 profile. It's also worrying that the symptoms in severe and fatal cases are so atypical for recent flu outbreaks.

However, it's still very early on and this could all die down. It depends on the nature of the beast we are dealing with.

Regards,

Mike

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

since I'm wondering why the media in the West hasn't picked up on this...
Your in the midst of this chaos, are there journalists present there? Is there media asking questions?
Can they even come close enough now?

and I also like to thank you for being our almost only source of information at this time, I wish you good luck and stay safe!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Luppakorva

But that's just the thing...for ANY preventative measure to be effective, the sad truth is, people HAVE to worry/panic!

How else are they going to get people to go and have a jab that may in itself kill them or cause serious injury?

If not for the jab, if people are not bothered or worried one way or the other, they won't even perform the simplest forms of prevention...washing, covering their faces, not sneezing or coughing without a tissue or hankie, voluntarily quarantine in homes etc etc.

The only reason i can think of for not telling us, (and IMO as i've said, panic doesn't ring true for me) is...to wait until MANY of us are infected and dying of this 'new' flu, then announce they are feverishly working on a vaccine, which should be ready soon...people would be demanding a vaccine...not telling them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine, as is the case for the 'swine' flu vaccine.

It doesn't rain, does it!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Try 81000 minus 0.06%..it's roughly 48.6.

You did it the wrong way around.

(Don't worry, i'd be lost with maths without a computer too!)

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Yes, CZ "serious" media usually just repeat western MSM. It is really strange that CZ newspapers didn't come 5 days later after event as usually. May be I should not call all CZ journalists dumb herd
as I often do.

Some conspiracy to stay at theme:
Why western MSM do not report such big event?

a) some really nasty conspiracy is behind
b) they are totally on "swine flu" so any other "bug" is potential distraction from their preplanned propaganda/advertisement schema, so they are deciding how to go with this
ba) western MSM are waiting for decision from their masters

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join