Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 237
<< 234  235  236    238  239  240 >>

join

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

"The original is on a Russian news site, News RU."

Yes. And that speaks miles and miles for itself. They're not going to quote government officials there without confirmation. The penalties, otherwise, could be severe.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Totally off subject of swine flu, but my step mother gets gold shots monthly for her arthritis. She has taken them for 20 years and swears by them, although she still has the rheumatoid in her hands and getting worse. She also has lost the function of one kidney and the other is on it's way out. This loss is due to the gold. She has to drink lots of water to flush her system of the gold, but as I said she swears it works. I personally can not judge, i'm not suffering this pain, but i do question if the gold was worth the kidneys.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
Totally off subject of swine flu, but my step mother gets gold shots monthly for her arthritis. She has taken them for 20 years and swears by them, although she still has the rheumatoid in her hands and getting worse. She also has lost the function of one kidney and the other is on it's way out. This loss is due to the gold. She has to drink lots of water to flush her system of the gold, but as I said she swears it works. I personally can not judge, i'm not suffering this pain, but i do question if the gold was worth the kidneys.

Yes, it does work....it works very well.

It just causes toxicity problems, like her kidney problems. You know, you can buy homeopathic gold at any homeopathic pharmacy. It's called "aurum metallicum". It would still work on her arthritis, but wouldn't cause the kidney problems.
You can buy a low potency over the counter, but she could order it specially in a higher potency, or she could go to a homeopath to get a higher potency. That way, at least she wouldn't continue to ruin her kidneys.

You can buy remedies all over the internet, but if you want the name of a good homeoapthic pharmacy, u2u me and I can give you their number. (They are in California, but they ship all over the U.S. I am not affiliated with them in any way, I just use them as my own homeopathic pharmacy.)

[edit on 2-12-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

I crush a couple of copper tablets (from vitamin aisle in drug store) and mix the powder into hand lotion. I smooth some of that over achy arthritic joints only on an as-needed basis. Seems to work. After a day or two of this I go weeks and months without pain.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

I'll forward the info to her, but like I said, she is my Step mother, Dad married her after my mom died, and so older and set in her ways. I'll have to just be a bit subtle, she probably would not appreciate the above comment I wrote in public! Oh well. But, thanks for the info, I will pass it on.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Thanks wayno, will pass this on too.
Nothing more to say here. second line.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Found this today on the recombinomics website. I don't agree with Dr. Niman pushing the vaccine, but he is doing a good job of posting the latest information on the epidemic.

It seems that the D225G mutation does seem to be widespread, according to him.

Audio:Nov16 Nov 18 Nov19 Nov24 twitter
Live feed of underlying pandemic map data here
Commentary
Transmission of Novel D225G in Norway and Sweden
Recombinomics Commentary 12:57
December 2, 2009

Recently released HA sequences from Norway and Sweden at Genbank and GISAID have D225G and support the spread of the polymorphism, but raise additional questions about the true frequency of the change. Although D225G was present as a mixture in one of the first swine H1N1 isolates, A/California/7/2009, which is the source of the current vaccine, only about 1% of published HA sequences have D225G. Since D225G can grow in cells with alpha 2,3 receptors, which include lung cells, the detection of D225G may be tissue specific and detection in the upper respiratory tract, which is dominated by cells expressing 2,6 receptors, may be limited.

The two recent sequences represent isolates from each anatomical area. In Norway, the sample is from a Danish truck driver who was the first reported fatal cases of H1N1 and the HA sequence, A/Norway/3206-3/2009, was from post mortem lung. In Sweden, the isolate A/Stockholm/48/2009 was from a nasopharyngeal swab from a recovered case. However, both sequences contained tandem polymorphisms usually associated with D225G or D225E. This tandem set of polymorphisms is also found in two earlier isolates from Spain (A/Catalonia/NS2001/2009 and A/Catalonia/NS2008/2009). The presence of the rare coding of D225G in four unrelated cases suggests D225G is widespread, but detection is usually associated with infected tissue samples, so the low frequency is largely linked to frequent collection of nasopharyngeal samples from milder cases.

This distribution is most evident in the sequences from Ukraine, which had 10 HA sequences from 10 cases. 9 of the10 were from western Ukraine and belonged to the same sub-clade. However, D225G was not in the 5 nasopharyngeal washes from survivors, but was in four of four tissue samples (3 from lung) from fatal cases.

This differential detection suggests that D225G is transmitting as a mixture. In addition to California/7, other isolates have given mixed signals at position 225 (coding for D225G and D225E).

This situation is analogous the upcoming paper on detection of Tamiflu resistance (H274Y) in a San Francisco traveler who was not taking Tamiflu. The patient was identified at the entry point to Hong Kong and the sequence containing H274Y was published. However, the upcoming paper indicates that the H274Y was present as a mixture. In the sequence from the virus grown in MDCK cells, the consensus was H274Y, but the tracing showed a small signal for the wild type sequence for codon 274. Cloning from the original tissue sample showed that the H274Y and wild type sequences were present in almost equal amounts. The mixture also explains the rapid appearance of H274Y in patients treated with Tamiflu, supporting the silent spread of the polymorphism.

The same is true for D225G, which is likely transmitting in at a frequency that is much higher than the reported 1%. Moreover, as the viral load increases, the likelihood of the minor population with D225G establishing itself at high levels in the lung increases, leading to more hospitalizations and deaths.

Therefore, a more aggressive campaign of testing lower respiratory tract samples, especially at autopsy, would be useful. Currently, the vast majority of sequences are from the upper respiratory tract, producing a false reading on virus causing the more serious disease.

In addition, the Ukraine sample with D225G was classified as a "low reactor", raising concern that natural immunity to wild type H1N1, as well as immunity generated by the killed vaccine, which does not have D225G, will lead to high ratios of D225G to wild type, leading to more serious disease.

So, if you read the last few paragraphs, it seems to be saying that the most lethal mutation d225g is probably under-reported because they are only swabbing the nose and throat, the mutation is likley spreading and is likely to spread even more; the mutation is likely to become dominant strain in the community, leading to higher levels of hospitalizations and deaths.

And, oh yes...the killed vaccine that they used did not have the d225g mutation, with means that the vaccine is not effective against the d225g.

All I can say is that I'm glad I've stocked up on remedies for myself, my friends and my family. It's a pity that the hospital probably wouldn't even consider using homeoapthic remedies on our patients. But who knows...if it gets really bad, maybe they will.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Personally I do not intend to have the vaccine. But for those more at risk it seems the big question (aside from any conspiracy theories) is whether it is sensible to refuse the vaccine, simply on the grounds that it does not protect against the new strain. IE, what is the comparable current circulation level of the two strains?

[edit on 2-12-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn1
reply to post by nikiano

Personally I do not intend to have the vaccine. But for those more at risk it seems the big question is whether it is sensible to refuse the vaccine, on the grounds that it does not protect against the new strain. IE, what is the ratio of the two strains?

Well, that's the thing. Months ago, the CDC told everyone to just stop testing for H1N1, and assume that it's all H1N1. (Stupid move on their part, or a corrupt move on their part, depending on which side of the conspiracy fence you sit on.) So now, we don't have numbers on ratios of D225g vs non-d225g, because we don't have numbers on the influenza to begin with!

Starting about a week ago, here in Arizona, hospitals are now required to send cultures into the state health department for anyone who has been hospitalized with flu symptoms for more than 24 hours, but that means we're only going to get data for people who are hospitalized, and not data for people who are not sick enough to come to the hospital. Although, I supposed some data is better than none.

But also, I don't know if any other states are requiring this, or not, besides Arizona. (Although I'm sure a lot of them are.)

If someone is in a high risk group, then I'm not going to tell them not to get the vaccine if they want it. (At least, as a pharmacist I'm not.) But right now, I don't know any physicians who are recommending the H1N1.

For example, I work with a pregnant woman, and her OB-GYN specifically told her NOT to get it. (And pregnant women are one of the high risk groups for H1N1.) He recommended a natural remedy for her if she got sick, although I can't remember which one.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Well I have to say, a former colleague just told me that her doctor advised her not to get the vaccine. Plus she was told pregnant women should definitely not get it. And a doctor on a popular morning UK show recently went out on a limb and said he thought pregnant women should not get it.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

The good doctor says:

... raising concern that natural immunity to wild type H1N1, as well as immunity generated by the killed vaccine, which does not have D225G, will lead to high ratios of D225G to wild type, leading to more serious disease.

Niki, sometimes his language is hard to understand for us non professionals. It sounds like he is saying that even naturally acquired immunity, stemming from contact with "wild" virus, will increase the chances of harm from the mutated virus. I understood from past reports that getting a vaccine could possibly leave one more vulnerable to a bad infection by the mutated virus, but is he now saying that just having had the flu, any flu, will result in the same thing?

I trust in your ability to interpret him for us. Please and thanks,

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
reply to post by nikiano

The good doctor says:

... raising concern that natural immunity to wild type H1N1, as well as immunity generated by the killed vaccine, which does not have D225G, will lead to high ratios of D225G to wild type, leading to more serious disease.

Niki, sometimes his language is hard to understand for us non professionals. It sounds like he is saying that even naturally acquired immunity, stemming from contact with "wild" virus, will increase the chances of harm from the mutated virus. I understood from past reports that getting a vaccine could possibly leave one more vulnerable to a bad infection by the mutated virus, but is he now saying that just having had the flu, any flu, will result in the same thing?

I trust in your ability to interpret him for us. Please and thanks,

Honestly, I don't even know enough about virology to interpret all his lingo. I think virologists have a lingo all on their own. However, I will do my best to give my interpretation:

First of all, let's define "wild type". Here's a good definition:

wild type
n.
The typical form of an organism, strain, gene, or characteristic as it occurs in nature, as distinguished from mutant forms that may result from selective breeding.

So, therefore, this would be my translation of the above phrase from Dr. Niman, my explanations in parenthesis:

"...raising concern that natural immunity (i.e. the type of immunity you get from being exposed to a virus in your every day living situation) to wild type (the original non-mutated strain of H1N1 that was most prevalent before the mutation) as well as immunity generated by the killed vaccine which does not have D225G (when they made the vaccine, they used the original (wild type) strain, and not the mutated (D225g) strain) will lead to high ratios of the mutated strain (the strain with the D225g mutation) vs the wild type (non-mutated) H1N1...

This means that due to the fact that our natural immunity is to the non-mutated strain of H1N1, and due to the vaccine used the non-mutated strain of H1N1, we have no immunity to the D225g mutation. Therefore, the mutated strain will most likely begin to appear in higher numbers than the non-mutated original strain (the "wild type" of H1N1).

This happens as the virus evolves, because the mutated virus will now survive better than the virus without the mutation, because there is no immunity in the human population to this mutation. Therefore, the mutated virus now has an evolutionary edge to survival that the original (wild type) virus does not.

(I re-wrote that part several times to try to make it as clear as possible...sorry!)

My own personal analogy:

When Darwin first tried to explain evolution, he tried to use "natural selection" as the only means of it occurring. We know now that evolution did not happen prescisely as he thought it did (it happens more in rapid fits and starts, rather than slow natural selection over a long period of time)....but it is true that the strongest do survive. Those that are more adaptable to change also survive better over those who are not. So "stronger" also can mean more adaptable, too.

Think about the studies that they've shown about who survives better in a crisis...people who can adapt and can change with the changing circumstances.

Same with survival on a larger scale. Evolution is about survival on a larger scale, and we are witnessing viral evolution as it is happening.

Mutation is how evolution happens in viruses. (Although I'm sure the first humans to evolve a new trait were also called "mutants", too, before the mutation became prevalent. And still are. But...I digress.)

A mutation is a genetic adaptation to the virus' outside world....a way of surviving that his fellow virus could not. The mutation gives those virus an edge to survival.

Therefore, when Dr. Niman says that the ratio of mutated virus to wild type will become higher....he is saying that the mutation will give those virus who are mutating an evolutionary advantage over the non-mutated virus....and eventually, the mutated form will begin to beat out the "wild type" (the original strain) of H1N1.

And...that is the evolution of a virus. And unfortunately, also the makings of a terrible epidemic. What is most beneficial to viral survival is not most beneficial to human survival.

I hope that helps, and is not too long winded.

Edit to add:

Almost makes you wonder, if an epidemic is nature's way of culling the herd? But that is a topic for another time, or another thread.

And evolutionary mutations in human populations being misunderstood as deviancy or illness....boy that's also a discussion I'd love to have on another thread, too!

Sorry..., I found a lot of typos and grammatical errors the first few times I tried to write that....I tried to go back through several times to clean it up. Sorry!!

Edit to add one more thing:

Of course, if a natural epidemic is nature's way of culling the herd, a manufactured epidemic could be man's way of culling the herd, too. So, if someone released a virus with the full intention of it mutating, then you can imagine the implications....

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
"BOISE, Idaho (AP) - The infectious bacterial disease brucellosis has been found in a beef cow in eastern Idaho, and state agriculture officials are scrambling to see if the infection is isolated or if it has spread to other herds."
www.breitbart.com...

Must be disease season.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Yes, I was confused about his meaning. He was only saying that the mutated virus would become more prolific.

Somewhere on this thread there have been references to the fact that people who got the jab were more likely than others to have a severe form of illness once another (different) virus came along. There were reports out of Canada specifically stating those who got regular flu shots may get more severely ill than others from H1N1.

Similarly there were stories of Cytokene reaction being more likely in those who had flu shots for regular H1N1 than for those who didn't. A different issue.

J.J. I am sure, given the interference and artificial manipulations of corporation scientists in animal husbandry will have the same bad consequences as their intervening artificially in human health. The whole world is showing us the effects of ill thought out schemes by scientists who work for and on behalf of large multi national corporations who's only motive is short term profit.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
reply to post by nikiano

Yes, I was confused about his meaning. He was only saying that the mutated virus would become more prolific.

Somewhere on this thread there have been references to the fact that people who got the jab were more likely than others to have a severe form of illness once another (different) virus came along. There were reports out of Canada specifically stating those who got regular flu shots may get more severely ill than others from H1N1.

Similarly there were stories of Cytokene reaction being more likely in those who had flu shots for regular H1N1 than for those who didn't. A different issue.

J.J. I am sure, given the interference and artificial manipulations of corporation scientists in animal husbandry will have the same bad consequences as their intervening artificially in human health. The whole world is showing us the effects of ill thought out schemes by scientists who work for and on behalf of large multi national corporations who's only motive is short term profit.

Yup...exactly. That's why a little bit of knowledge can be a bad thing. Just because we can do something scientifically, doesn't mean that we should. Just because we could create vaccines, didn't mean that in the long term, they would be beneficial for society.

Unfortunately, the FDA has a long history of approving something based on short-term data, and never looks at the long term data. Nor, do they ever even THINK about the long term consequences.

As far as the other stuff you mentioned, the cytokine storm being more prevalent in those with the vaccine, I honestly have no idea about that. Like you, I've heard about it, but I haven't seen any data on it. So, I have no idea.

But if that is the case....that's pretty scary. (And another reason for me, not to get the vaccine.)

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Wow, it's so funny that you silver has an affinity for the eyes, nose, and throat.

Last night was the first time I had tried colloidal silver, and after an hour, I could definitely feel it in my eyeballs.. No joke. Eyes felt a little like I had smoked weed. Also my throat slightly constricted, my voice went a tiny bit higher. And also, I could feel a very slight tingling in my fingers and toes, so I would definitely say it effects nerves as well. So I would definitely vouch for what you said.

So what exactly is the best form of silver to fight off lung ailments? Silver phosphate? Where can it be bought, or can it be made?

[edit on 2-12-2009 by seattletruth]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
reply to post by nikiano

Wow, it's so funny that you silver has an affinity for the eyes, nose, and throat.

Last night was the first time I had tried colloidal silver, and after an hour, I could definitely feel it in my eyeballs.. No joke. Eyes felt a little like I had smoked weed. Also my throat slightly constricted, my voice went a tiny bit higher. And also, I could feel a very slight tingling in my fingers and toes, so I would definitely say it effects nerves as well. So I would definitely vouch for what you said.

So what exactly is the best form of silver to fight off lung ailments? Silver phosphate? Where can it be bought, or can it be made?

[edit on 2-12-2009 by seattletruth]

You just conducted a "proving" of silver on yourself! lol! Congrats!

But, yes, argentum phosphoricum (silver phosphate) would have more of an affinity to the lungs. However, it's not a very common remedy. For example, when you go into the homeoapthic section of the health food stores, you won't find it in the rows of homeopathic medications that are usually kept on the shelf.

So, you have two options. (A third option is that you could make it, but I don't know how to make silver phosphate, nor would I know how to create it in a lab without consulting a chemistry book. Sorry!)

1. You could call up a homeopathic pharmacy and ask them to make it up for you, but if they don't have it in stock, they might charge you extra to make it, which sort of defeats one of the purposes of homeoapthic remedies. Remedies are pretty cheap, but if they make it up for you specially, it's going to add a few bucks onto the cost, not to mention shipping and handling.

2. If you're wanting the silver just for the flu, you could go with a similar remedy that is cheaper and more readily available. Ferrum phosphoricum, for example, is a known flu remedy, and ferrum is just one row above argentum on the periodic table of elements. And ferrum phosphoricum is a common remedy that you can find at any of the health food stores that sells homeopathics.

Or, you could also go with any of other standard flu remedies that have an affinity for the lungs. Here's a list of the most common homeoapthic remedies for influenza. You could look at it and see which one sounds most like you:

Specific Remedies

Aconite (ACO): This remedy is useful for a flu that comes on suddenly and intensely accompanied by fever, anxiety, constricted pupils, and strong thirst. The person may feel fearful or agitated, and the fever can alternate with chills. Symptoms are often worst around midnight. Exposure to cold wind or a shock of some kind often precedes the illness.
Sudden onset of the flu with great anxiety and fear. She thinks she is about to die.
*Symptoms come on very suddenly, especially after exposure to a dry, cold wind or from an emotional shock or fright.
*High fever, dry cough, sore throat and feeling of great worry and fear.
*The individual is very restless.
*Fear of death with anxiety, tossing and trembling.
*Croupy cough, early stages of croup.
*Pneumonia with sudden onset.
*Coughing up of blood.
Better: in fresh air
Worse: in a warm room, in the evening or at night, lying on the left side, hearing music, when exposed to tobacco smoke.

Allium Cepa. (ALL-C): the nose runs freely, there is sneezing, irritable cough, the face is swollen and looks inflamed. This remedy is often sufficient at the outset to cut short an attack, or at least modify the severity.

Apis Mellifica (APIS): If a person has dry fever that alternates with sweating, facial flushing, and a very sore throat with swollen tonsils, then this homeopathic remedy may be prescribed. Pain may extend to the ears, and the eyelids may be swollen. Exposure to cool air and cold applications may bring relief. Despite the fever, thirst usually is low. The person can be very irritable, disliking interference.

Arnica (ARN): Flu with soreness, as if bruised internally and externally.
*Sends others away saying, "I'm fine, there's nothing wrong " when evident that they are very sick.
*Complains that the bed feels too hard.
*Fear of others approaching and touching them because their body is so sore.
*Desires sour drinks and alcohol.

Arsenicum album (ARS): The person is chilly and exhausted. Anxious restlessness. He may be thirsty, but only takes small sips. May experience nausea with burning pain, or vomiting and acrid diarrhea. If the flu is respiratory, a watery, runny nose with sneezing paroxysms and a dry or wheezing cough. The person's head is hot, while the body is chilly.
Its periodicity makes it suitable to epidemics, and it suits the early symptoms when the affection is the upper portion of respiratory tract. The burning dryness and copious watery excoriating secretion and the involvement of the conjunctiva are unmistakable indications. Lethargy and prostration are prominent. Chills, flushes of heat and severe cold symptoms, discharge irritating, sneezing and prostration. Specific when the throat is inflamed with tenderness of the glands.
Extremely restless, oversensitive, anxious and weak.
*Fear of death.
*Extreme prostration, out of proportion to the disease.
*Very restless, can't stay in one place.
*Does not want to be left alone.
*Chilly.
*Pale face with an anxious expression.
*Burning pains that are better with warm applications.
*Thirsty, drinks in small sips often.
*Worse between 1 and 2 a.m.
*Vomiting and diarrhea are common.
*Diarrhea with acrid, offensive, watery stools.
*Too neat, upset by clutter.
*Desires fatty and sour things, especially lemon.

Baptisia (BAPT): Looks drowsy and drunk. Flu with high fever and a feeling of being bruised all over.
*Flu that comes on suddenly.
*Sensation of being bruised and sore all over, the body and limbs feel scattered.
*Profuse sweating with high fever and intense thirst.
*Dull red face, looks dazed/sluggish as if they may fall asleep at any time.
*The bed feels hard (Compare with Pyrogenium and Arnica)
*Stupefying headache, w/ confusion.
*Delirium with strange sensations, as if there is somebody else in bed with him, parts of her body are separated, etc.
*Patient smells bad.

Belladonna (BELL): Indicated w/ sudden, intense symptoms including fever, red face, hot skin, and extreme sensitivity to light and jarring. Other symptoms- a very red sore throat, pounding headache, nagging cough, or other throbbing and inflammatory symptoms. The person's hands and feet may feel cold despite high fever. Chills and heat may alternate.
Flu w/ high fever, red face and dilated pupils. Dryness and burning heat. Everything is intense and concentrated in the head.
*High fever that comes suddenly, often as a result of a change in temperature (e.g. becoming chilled or overheated, washing the hair).
*Flushed face, sore throat, eyes wide/staring, pupils dilated, bright red tongue, red throat w/ white spots on the tonsils.
*Constriction on attempting to swallow
*Ejection of food and drink through the nose and mouth from spasm.
*There may be confusion, delirium or vivid hallucinations.
*Twitching and starting.
*Headache.
*Symptoms tend to affect the right side of the body.
*Craving lemon or lemonade.
*General aggravation 3 p.m.
Better: standing, sitting upright, in a warm room.
Worse: any noise, bright light, movement, lying down, night.

Bryonia (BRY): Bryonia is good if symptoms include a headache, cough, constipation, thirst, and irritability.
Symptoms: Prescribed when a person feels very hot and dry, is thirsty for cold drinks, and experience aching all over.
*Grumpy and feels miserable with the flu
*Wanting only to lie still and be left alone
*Headache, muscle aches, and cough or stomach pain
*Everything feels worse from even the slightest motion.
*Dry mouth, w/ thirst for long cold drinks.
Extremely irritable, talks about business. Flu with a severe, throbbing headache, body pains. All symptoms are worse from any motion.
*Slow onset.
*Thirst for large amounts infrequently, preferably cold.
*Pains (headache, body pains) better by pressure. Lies on the painful part.
*Dryness everywhere, dry tongue, with generally a white coating
*Nose bleed
*Pneumonia, especially of the right side; pleurisy (pain on breathing and coughing).
*Business: worries, talks and dreams about it.
*Wants to go home. May be confused and not realize she is at home.
Better: pressure, rest
Worse: any excitement, noise, touch, movement, bright light, from eating and coughing and at around 3am and 9pm.

Carbo -Vegetalis (CARB-V): "Corpse reviver"
Desperate cases.
* Cold; even the breath and tongue are cold; very pale, air - hunger, asks for the windows to be opened, to be fanned.
* Shortness of breath. Must sit up in bed.
* Bloating, indigestion, and tremendous amount of gas.
* Life seems to be draining away.

China (Cinchona officinalis- CHIN): Ailment from loss of fluids: blood loss, vomiting, diarrhea.
Desperate cases.
* Debility with chilliness.
* Anemic; pallid; weak. Sensitive to touch: motion: to cold air.
* Worse at regular period: alternate days, every third day, every seven days, etc.
* Weariness of the limbs, with desire to stretch, move or change position.
* Painless diarrhea with a lot of gas.

Dulcamara (DULC)
This is one of our best remedies in the acute form; the eyes are suffused, the throat is sore and the cough hurts because of muscular soreness. If brought on by damp, cold changes in the weather, Dulcamara is indicated. Useful remedy for the debility following the flu, as it is usually of the pure nervous type. It is the great post-influenza remedy.

Eupatorium Perfoliatum (EUP-PER): Eupatorium is helpful for severe aching deep in bones that makes you feel sore allover.
General Characteristics: Great thirst for cold drinks
Specific symptoms:
* Deep ache in the bones and muscles
* Eyeballs hurt
* Exhaustion
* Desires cold food/drinks, which are vomited as soon as they warm in the stomach
* Painful cough
* Yellow tongue
* Tremendous aching, as if bones are broken
* Fever preceded by chills, especially from 7-9 AM
This remedy has much soreness/aching of entire body; hoarseness and cough, w/ great soreness of the larynx/upper respiratory tract. Cold symptoms with thirst and drinking causes vomiting. The cough is a very shattering one, hurts the head and chest, and the patient holds the chest w/ hands. Pains as if bones are breaking are characteristic of the remedy. Many physicians rely on this remedy in influenza almost exclusively in the early stages.
*Feels as if run over by a truck, with pain deep in the bones.
*Bursting headache and sore eyes.
*Thirsty for ice cold water (opposite to Gelsemium, which is not thirsty).
*Chills running up and down the back.
Worse: movement

Ferrum phosphoricum (FERR-P): This remedy may be helpful during flu associated with the following symptoms:
*Fever
*Headache
*Rosy cheeks
*A feeling of weariness
*Sensitive eyes
*A short hard cough
*Strong thirst
*Vomiting after eating
This remedy is also prescribed in early stages of flu or fever, even if symptoms are not especially clear.

Gelsemium (GELS): Take Gelsemium if you have heavy, droopy eyes; feel weak and tired, with aches and chills up and down your back; and want to be alone.
Symptoms: Hot head/face w/ chills that go up and down the back; burning headache without any sense of thirst, etc.
Other symptoms:
*Fatigue and achiness that come on gradually, increasing over several days
*The face feels heavy, w/ droopy eyes and aching.
*Headache may begin at the back of the neck and skull
*Chills and heat running up/down the spine.
*Anxiety
*Dizziness
*Moderate fever
*Trembling
*Perspiration
This remedy corresponds to commencement of trouble- the patient is weak, tired and aches throughout body; intense aching and muscular soreness. There is constant chilliness and the patient seeks warmth; the fever is less acute than that of Aconite, and the cough is hard and painful. There are paroxysms of sneezing with excoriating discharge, and great apathy.
*Paralytic weakness (feel as if run over by a truck)
*The number 1 flu remedy
*Slow onset
*After worrying about a forthcoming task or event such as a public speaking engagement.
*Sore throat.
*Bursting headache beginning in the neck and extending over the head to eyes and forehead; relieved by copious urination.
*Double vision often before/during the headache. Eyelids heavy- can't keep them open.
*Fatigue, heaviness and dullness. Legs feel weak/shaky- just want to lie in bed.
*Pain in muscles.
*No thirst.
*Aching muscles.
*Chills begin in the hands/feet, run up and down the spine.
Worse: early morning and last thing at night, in the sun, and when exposed to tobacco smoke.
Better: urination, fresh air
Comparisons:
*BRY also has pains, but is much worse from any movement. GELS does not want to move due to fatigue and heaviness, not aggravation from movement.
*EUP-P patient also feels as if run over by a truck, but the pains are more severe, and they are felt in the bones. In addition, EUP-P patient is thirsty, and GELS patient is not.

Influenzinum
Best used as a prophylaxis before exposure to the viral infection. Made from current year flu vaccine.

Kali Sulphuricum (KALI-S): Yellow, slimy
*Fever with easy sweating
*Yellow slimy tongue, nasal discharge, ear discharge, diarrhea.
*Cough with easily expelled yellow slimy sputum.
*Thirsty. Averse to hot drinks.
*Wants to lie down, but it makes her worse, so she must walk for relief.

Mercurius Solubilis (MERC): Useful when you suffer from a lingering flu that just doesn't seem to go away. You may have a sore throat, bad breath, and tender, swollen glands.
Dirty, smelly, drooling.
*Increased salivation, offensive breath, profuse offensive sweat.
*Filthy tongue, large, flabby, tooth - notched
*Thirsty
*Craves bread and butter.
Worse: night, heat of bed

Nux vomica (NUX-V): Prescribed for flu associated with thoroughly chilled feelings, cannot get warm, limbs and back are aching, stomach upset. Other indications are:
*high fever
*violent chills
*strong nausea
*cramping in the digestive tract (or painful cough/constricted breathing if flu is respiratory)
*headache
*oversensitivity to sound, bright light, and odors
*often very irritable
*feels worse from exertion
*Feels worse from being cold in any way
*Flu with great irritability and oversensitivity. Easily offended, angry, cold.
*Irritable, impatient, angry and easily offended.
*Very chilly. Chilliness on the slightest movement. On the slightest exposure to the open air, shivering and chilliness for an hour; dreads the open air. Slightest draught he gets chilled. He cannot get warm. Great coldness not removed by heat, or by bed coverings. Wants to be completely covered.
*Very sensitive to light, noise, odors.
*Shivering/chilliness immediately after drinking.
*Fastidious. Wants everything just so.
*Collapse and fatigue states from overwork.

Oscillococcinum (aka Anas barbariae): Widely used for prevention and treatment of flu. It is best used at onset of flu symptoms, but can be used later.

Phosphorus (PHOS): Indicated for flu when it is accompanied by:
*fever with an easily-flushing face
*feels very weak and dizzy
*Headache
*Hoarseness
*sore throat
*cough
*stomach pain and nausea or vomiting
*strong anxiety
*wanting others to be around to offer company and reassurance
*strong thirst, with a tendency to vomit when liquids warm up in the stomach
*The flu quickly affects the lungs, especially the base of the right lung. Lots of cough. Bleeding.
*Bloody sputum, bright red.
*Craves cold drinks, which may be vomited when they become warm in the stomach.
*Burning, ressure and constriction in the chest; worse lying on the left side; worse lying on the painful side (patient and the cough).
*Nose bleed, bright red.
*Cough, worse talking and laughing.

Pulsatilla (PULS): Clingy and weepy when sick.
*Flitting chilliness; chills in spots. Chilly in a warm room.
*One sided chilliness - heat - sweat. One cheek red, the other white.
*Palpitations with anxiety: must throw off the clothes.
*Dry cough at night, better sitting up, worse on lying down again.
*Thick yellow-green discharge from nose. Yellow*green expectoration.
*Craves butter, cream, pastries.
*Thirstless.
*Tearful, craves company and sympathy.
Worse: external warmth, closed room
Better: open air, outside, slow motion

Pyrogenium (PYROG): Septic states.
*Extremely restless. Has to keep on moving, rocking, wringing, for momentary relief.
*The bed feels too hard, aching everywhere, feels beaten and bruised.
*Everything is offensive: sweat, breath, discharges, stool, etc.
*The pulse is abnormally rapid for the temperature. High temperature with slow pulse, or the reverse.
*Creeping chills in the back, with a thumping heart.
*Bursting headache.
*Rapid bed sores.
*Feels as if someone else is in his bed.
*Consciousness of the heart beating.

Rhus Toxicodendron (RHUS-T): A person who needs this remedy during flu feels extremely restless and complain of achy, stiff muscles. Other indications:
*fever is often accompanied by bone and muscle aches
*teasing cough
*sore throat
*red tongue
*nausea and bloating
*soreness and stiffness may be felt all over,
*feels better from hot showers or from getting up and pacing.
*feels worse when waking up, after lying in bed, or from keeping still too long.
*symptoms are often relieved by rubbing and stretching, but especially warmth and movement.
*Influenza with severe aching in all the bones, sneezing and coughing. Cough worse evenings- caused by a tickling behind the upper part of the sternum. Especially useful in cases brought on by exposure to dampness. Much prostration and depression, and burning tongue, stupor and delirium. Aching pains, nightly restlessness are keynotes symptoms.
*Stiff and restless, better with movement.
*Restlessness. Wants to move all the time.
*Aching and stiffness in the joints, worse on first starting to move and better with continued movement.
*Red triangle on the tip of the tongue.
*Intense fever: thirsty: great prostration: weeps without knowing why.
*Severe aching in the bones.
*Fear of poisoning. She may refuse taking medicine feeling it is poison.
*Anxiety and fear which are worse at night.

Sabadilla (SABAD): Sneezing is the great keynote of this remedy. Sneezing and lachrymation on going into the open air. The throat swollen and pain is worse on empty swallowing; sneezing excessive- shaking the body. Shudderings w/ gooseflesh chills creeping upwards- prominent symptoms. Frontal headache, dryn mouth, w/out thirst and cough, worse on lying down- additional symptoms.

Sticta (STICT): Nasal catarrh; headache, thirst, nightly expectoration, great watering of eyes, runny nose, hoarseness of voice, frontal headache and depression of the whole system. Tubercular subjects attacked by the flu.

Sulphur (SUL): This remedy is often prescribed if the flu is very long-lasting or has some lingering symptoms such as the case when people have neglected to take good care of themselves. The person may feel hot and sweaty, with low fever and reddish mucous membranes. Symptoms, either digestive or respiratory, will often have a hot or burning quality. Heat aggravates the symptoms, and the person often feels worse after bathing.
*Hot, burning sensations. This is a well known remedy for skin irritation.
*Partially recovers and then relapses.
*Very sensitive to the open air and drafts (opposite to Pulsatilla); worse from washing and taking a bath.
*The crown of the head is very hot but the feet are cold.
*The soles of the feet burn at night; they must be put out of the bed.
*Hungry and starving at 11am, but not before then.
*Often left-sided
*This one is hard to figure out. Your professional homeopath will know when it is indicated.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The word “cytokine storm” has erroneously been hijacked to connote that it happens only through a viral infection. This isn’t true. It is a nonspecific event common to several diseases.

A cytokine storm occurs when the body's immune system over-reacts to an intruder, either a virus, a bacteria or the class of bacteria called mycobacteria, by producing high levels of cytokines, which are signaling chemicals that help mobilize immune cells capable of removing infectious agents from the body. When too many cytokines are produced, they can stimulate an inflammatory response in which the accumulation of immune cells and fluid at the site of infection may prevent affected tissues and organs such as the lungs from functioning properly and may even cause death.

At all times, white blood cells circulate in the bloodstream and are the first to sense if, as mentioned, a virus or bacteria or a mycobacteria such as TB has infiltrated the body. Immediately, our body sends immune cells, including T-cells and macrophages, to attack the infection. During this stage, ideally, our immunity functions properly, and immune cells attack the microbes so they do not get too strong a foothold in our lungs. This, however is not always the case with diseases that have been with us for eons.

For reasons not completely known, too many immune cells can be sent to the infection site. This happens when a particular type of molecule in the body, known as cytokines, activate the immune cells at the infection site and cause more immune cells to flood the site of infection. This propagates what is referred to as a “cytokine storm” where far too many immune cells are caught in an endless loop of calling more and more immune cells to fight the infection. The “cytokine” storm ends up inflaming the tissue surrounding the infection……but such inflammation is common not only to influenza but bacterial infections and tuberculosis as well.

When the infection is in the lungs, severe inflammation caused by a “cytokine” storm can cause permanent lung damage. A prolonged “cytokine storm” could eventually shut down breathing altogether. Airducts get clogged and cells no longer properly absorb oxygen. This is what, many say, makes the “cytokine storm “so deadly in certain epidemic strains, such as certain strains of Influenza. But even "bronchitis", pneumonia, tuberculosis, and sepsis are capable of triggering a deadly “cytokine storm“.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Thanks Nikiano, but can you explain the 'proving' process? You said you give healthy people the medication.. but what does that prove? Just that they didn't get sick or die. You said that clinical trials evolved from 'provings', but I guess I just don't understand the proving process.

Sorry if this is off-topic... But considering this thread has been mostly about the D225G mutation, and the vaccine has been shown to be ineffective (at the least), and possibly harmful, to do "original antigenic sin" (at the most), it seems like education on other treatments can't hurt...

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
reply to post by nikiano

Thanks Nikiano, but can you explain the 'proving' process? You said you give healthy people the medication.. but what does that prove? Just that they didn't get sick or die. You said that clinical trials evolved from 'provings', but I guess I just don't understand the proving process.

Sorry if this is off-topic... But considering this thread has been mostly about the D225G mutation, and the vaccine has been shown to be ineffective (at the least), and possibly harmful, to do "original antigenic sin" (at the most), it seems like education on other treatments can't hurt...

Sure, no problem. The term proving "proving" is from the German word "Prufing", which means test or examination. (I had to look that up.) So, basically, when we are doing a proving, we are doing a "study" on the action of drugs on humans. Just like we call it a "clinical drug study" when we test the effects of pharmaceutical medication in humans. Similar concept, different words.

Here is the complete definition of "proving" from Yasgur's homeopathic dictionary:

Proving: the process of determining the medicinal/curative properties of a substance. This process involves the administration of substances either in crude form or in potency to healthy human subjects in order to observe and record symptoms. A test of the action of a drug upon the healthy body, and a record of the unusual sensations/symptoms produced and/or alterations from the normal health experienced by one taking the drug.

Interesting quote on provings:

"It is a well known fact that Hahenmann resoned from the working definition that drugs do not have healing powers, but that they are impulses of illness. A drug proving produces an illness called pathogenesis, or pathopoiesis. This artificial illness is also transmitted to the paitent. It is stronger than the natural illness which is replaces and causes to vanish.....The healing occurs because of the artificial drug disease that replaces the natural illness is stronger, yet of a much shorter duration, and soon after having distinguished the natural illness, is disappears on it's own." -G. Von Keller

So, basically, what you did was take some colloidal silver. Now, I'm assuming colloidal silver is plan silver metal suspended in some kind of suspending agent (and I checked, and it is indeed microscopic pieces of silver suspended in a suspending agent).

So let's take a look at the symptoms you got from taking silver, versus the symptoms of metallic silver (argentum metallicum) from various homeopathic materia medica books:

You said this happened when you took colloidal silver:

Last night was the first time I had tried colloidal silver, and after an hour, I could definitely feel it in my eyeballs.. No joke. Eyes felt a little like I had smoked weed. Also my throat slightly constricted, my voice went a tiny bit higher. And also, I could feel a very slight tingling in my fingers and toes, so I would definitely say it effects nerves as well.

From the Materia Medica about argentum metallicum, I find this:

Eye symptoms:

From Norton:

ARGENTUM METALLICUM. eye symptoms:
Margins of lids very thick and red. Violent itching and stinging in the canthi.
Clinical. This remedy has proved useful in some cases of blepharitis, relieving the severe itching of the lids and angles of the eye. One case of stricture of the lachrymal duct improved very rapidly under its use until lost sight of. T. F. A.

Throat symptoms:

From Vermulen:
Hoareness of professional singers and public speakers, worse when talking, singing and reading aloud. Total loss of voice, or alternation in timbe of voice. Strange noises in larynx.

And here is a direct quote from a silver proving:
"Shortley before falling asleep, observed when inspiring quietly two tones, a higher and a lower one, as from the mouthpice of an oboe, coming from low down in throat."
Also,
"Thereafter in ingerior of the throat (the larynx) a kind of curious throbbing, cracking, or creaking, something like a metallic reverbation such as the frozen brooks ssometimes give forth in spring on breaking of the ice."

Let's also look at the (peripheral) nerve symptoms. (Silver also has tremendous effects on the central nervous system, too, by the way.)

From Vermulen:
"electric" shocks on falling asleep and during asleep. "On going to sleep was prevented from doing so by first and electric shock in right lower extremity, and then by two similar shocks of upper part of body, which had their exploding spot clsoe to occipital foramen.''

From Lees:
The action on the nervous system stands out as the chief trend of silver in the organism and indeed especially on the central, the silver maladies have a slowly progressing deep penetrating character....
....A series of complaints appear in the peripheral nerves. Dental pains are aggravated by contact with cold water. Drawing pains in the left infraorbital region, in the lower jaw and the teeth are mentioned many times so that argentum nitricum comes into consideration for facial neuralgia. Neuralgia pains are observed especially in the sternum and the ribs, in the region of the sternal junction of the fifth left rib and along the entire border of the left lower ribs. These pains are aggravated by contact.
Severe, cutting, drawing, lancinating pains go through to the back, along to the sacrum and shoot like lightning through the arms and legs. Crawling as if insects were on the skin, sticking and biting in the skin, feeling of part going to sleep, complete the picture from the sensory side, the tendency to trembling and convulsions, the heaviness, fatigue and stiffness especially in the calves from the motor side. It has already been stated that the peripheral symptoms have led to use in disease of the spinal cord, in particular tabes, bit they may offer still other signs of silver. ...

So, you can see, that what you experienced in your proving of silver, is similar to what other provers showed in previous "provings" of silver... and that was how they were able to discern which symptoms would be well treated by silver....and what affinities of the body silver has.

Now, when provings are done, the substance is usually given in crude form or in low potencies, such as 6c, 30c, or even 6x...just depends on the substance.

Also, when a proving is done, the "provers" (study subjects) will not know what substance they are proving. It's like a blind clinical drug study. They are not told until afterwards what the substance was, to keep it "blind".

When I went to homeopathy school in 2007, they did a proving of a "locust", the grass-hopper like insect. It was quite interesting to watch! I wasn't able to be a prover because I was already taking a remedy of my own (so I was disqualified) but I got to help out a bit and watch the process unfold. There were about 30 provers in that proving, and nobody found out what the substance was until all the data collection was complete.

This is what happens: 30 people came into the room one night at 7pm. They explained the process: that everyone would take a 30c potency of the substance. That night, they were to start writing down all symptoms. if they did not get symptoms the first day, they could take another 30c the second day. If they did not get symptoms the second day, they could take another 30c dose the third day. After that, no more. The max anyone could take was 30c. The very sensitive provers would only need 1 dose to start getting symptoms.

Every prover was assigned to a "supervisor" who would call them periodically to find out how they were doing.

At the end of 30 days, everyone handed in their notebooks of symptoms...and then after all the notebooks were in, they told the provers what the substance was.

So, that's basically a proving. Make sense? Let me know if I didn't explain it very well!

Basically, it comes down to this: what homeopaths call "proving symptoms", people in western medicine call "side effects". Because in western medicine, we don't care about closely matching the medicines to the person's constitution. Why? Because in western medicine, we just (unfortunately) treat the disease... we don't treat the whole person. In homeopathy, we treat the whole person. (i.e. This means that in homeopathy we use one remedy for all their symptoms, and in wester medicine we use 10 drugs for 10 symptoms.)

So, in western medicine, we get, um, I guess what you would call "collateral damage" from treating only the disease; we get side effects. And then, we have to use more and more and more drugs to then treat the side effects of the drugs.....and so the person is then taking 10-15 drugs, instead of 1 remedy. And now you know why I'm leaving pharmacy....but once again, I digress.

(Edited for clarification on a few points).

top topics

<< 234  235  236    238  239  240 >>

join