It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 226
<< 223  224  225    227  228  229 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Hello,

I have been plowing through these posts, and I find all these theories interesting, but what does any of it have to do with with the flu in the Ukraine?

Does anyone have information about that situation?

I think that is what this thread is about.

Not saying your many theory's are not interesting.

Just want some information.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

"Maybe you should write it up in a scientific paper and release it for peer review in the medical journals or work on contacting all those professionals and advise them of the errors they are making rather than wasting those efforts on a forum.

What's it going to be next, HIV? Anything but swine flu, right?"

"Swine Flu"? I thought it was once "Mexican Swine Flu"? Then it was H1N1? I think I could place your knowledge on the head of a pin and have lots of room to spare.

Listen lady, if you'd like to leave this forum, the door is wide open, but don't worry about me wasting my efforts here, because I intend to continue them.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Here's a link for you:

www.thenewamerican.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
And another................

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by calohan

You really don't know that H1N1, Swine Flu, A/H1N1, California Flu, Mexico Swine Flu are all the same thing? Glad I could clear that up for you, they're all the same virus, sport.

No one said a word about you leaving, I just suggested you should include the medical and science professions in your efforts, being that you know more than all of them.

I can post pubmed and other journal articles all day long for everyone to ignore, I already have but I'm looking forward to seeing you do the same. I can't wait to read all that evidence backing up your claims.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Somebody else's opinion........................ Didn't the Swine Flu originate in Mexico?

Mizzou J School10:34 PM
The transfer of tuberculosis is common in boarder states with Mexico since tuberculosis is near epidemic proportions there. The Health Department here attempts to continue to treat immigrants but they don't come back regularly for continued treatment so a stronger strain of tuberculosis is created. I don't know about Swine Flu but the tuberculosis is a real and present danger. We need to vaccinate all our children at school for free. It doesn't matter what their origin.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
You should combine your links into one post rather than spamming the forum in the future.

Both of those articles state that lots of people die from TB. Neither of them claim that the swine flu deaths are actually TB deaths.

Neither one is a medical journal, either.

I've already covered that TB is killing lots of people, so far more than swine flu but TB is not sweeping the entire World and will not go pandemic and wipe out 5 percent of the population like the swine flu has in the past.

Really, if that's your complaint, that more people died this year of TB I can make a long list of other things that killed people. That's really not the point and you're actually off topic.

Let's see the proof that TB is actually killing the swine flu victims, please.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by calohan

ah... now i got it.

We need to vaccinate all our children

that, together with posting links to the articles based on WHO and CDC claims...

and you're calling us big pharma agents? this is silly.

i'm done.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by jedi_hamster]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by calohan

Somebody else's opinion........................ Didn't the Swine Flu originate in Mexico?

The transfer of tuberculosis is common in boarder states with Mexico since tuberculosis is near epidemic proportions there. The Health Department here attempts to continue to treat immigrants but they don't come back regularly for continued treatment so a stronger strain of tuberculosis is created. I don't know about Swine Flu but the tuberculosis is a real and present danger. We need to vaccinate all our children at school for free. It doesn't matter what their origin.

Spicy food and little dogs with great big eyes originated there too. OMG! It's possible tacos or Chihuahuas are behind the pandemic.

Those bastards!

Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on Thu Nov 26 2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Let's hope this epidemic doesn't explode when everyone gets on planes this holiday weekend.

Off topic....but have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone in the USA. And for those not in the USA....have a happy Thursday.

Gobble gobble.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Groups: Swine flu focus bad for other diseases
By BRADLEY S. KLAPPER and FRANK JORDANS Associated Press Writer
May 20th, 2009 | GENEVA

WHO spokesman Thomas Abraham said some issues had to be dropped when the agency's 193 member nations decided to shorten their annual meeting because their ministers were needed at home to prepare against a possible flu pandemic.

But he said the assembly was still taking on a "broad agenda" that went far beyond swine flu to deal with improving basic health care and tackling global killers like TB

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Oct. 21, 2009
Swine Flu Cases Overestimated?
CBS News Exclusive: Study Of State Results Finds H1N1 Not As Prevalent As Feared
By Sharyl Attkisson

(CBS) If you've been diagnosed "probable" or "presumed" 2009 H1N1 or "swine flu" in recent months, you may be surprised to know this: odds are you didn’t have H1N1 flu.

In fact, you probably didn’t have flu at all. That's according to state-by-state test results obtained in a three-month-long CBS News investigation.

The ramifications of this finding are important. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Britain's National Health Service, once you have H1N1 flu, you're immune from future outbreaks of the same virus. Those who think they've had H1N1 flu -- but haven't -- might mistakenly presume they're immune. As a result, they might skip taking a vaccine that could help them, and expose themselves to others with H1N1 flu under the mistaken belief they won't catch it. Parents might not keep sick children home from school, mistakenly believing they've already had H1N1 flu.

Why the uncertainty about who has and who hasn't had H1N1 flu?

In late July, the CDC abruptly advised states to stop testing for H1N1 flu, and stopped counting individual cases. The rationale given for the CDC guidance to forego testing and tracking individual cases was: why waste resources testing for H1N1 flu when the government has already confirmed there's an epidemic?

Some public health officials privately disagreed with the decision to stop testing and counting, telling CBS News that continued tracking of this new and possibly changing virus was important because H1N1 has a different epidemiology, affects younger people more than seasonal flu and has been shown to have a higher case fatality rate than other flu virus strains.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
NIH Public Access
Author Manuscript
Popul Dev Rev. Author manuscript; available in PMC 2009 September 10.
Published in final edited form as:
Popul Dev Rev. 2000 ; 26(3): 565–581.

The 1918 Influenza Epidemic's Effects on Sex Differentials in Mortality in the United States

Andrew Noymer and Michel Garenne

This study presents a new finding from reexamination of published statistics on death: the 1918 influenza had a strong and fairly long-lasting effect on differential mortality by sex, diminishing the earlier female advantage. The mechanism we posit is a selection effect, whereby those with tuberculosis (TB) in 1918 were more likely than others to die of influenza.

From a biological perspective, the link between influenza and TB may include a third pathogen. Tuberculosis infection causes lung cavities to form, which become a breeding ground also for non-TB bacteria, including Staphylococcus aureus. This would have had the effect of priming
tuberculous individuals for S. aureus superinfection in the event of co-infection with influenza.

It is highly plausible that TB infection laid the ground for the massive secondary bacterial pneumonias that killed the victims of the flu in 1918.

(The authors acknowledge the support of the Rockefeller Foundation, grant number HS-9810. David Bloom, Leo
Goodman, Ulrich Mueller, Ndola Prata, George Rutherford, Ross Stolzenberg, and Kenneth Wachter provided useful
Comments)

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by yakoff

D225G Swine flu mutation - Same receptor as 1918 Spanish flu pandemic found in Ukraine virus

According to analysis of genetic testing done by the World Health Organization, the Ukraine flu virus is an H1N1 mutation that is similar to the 1918 Spanish flu epidemic.

The H1N1 mutation in the Ukraine also includes the symptoms of bleeding in the lungs, and has been described as an infection that completely destroys the lungs.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I hope well translated qoute from the biggest newspaper in Czech Rep. idnes.cz :

"Repeated, and by different methods conducted surveys for swine flu H1N1 virus presence, at beginning didn't prove any presence of this virus. Infection by swine flu was not proven until death of patient," Ms Jenšíková said. Even if presence of swine flu was verified earlier, the treatment procedure would stay unchanged.

"Patient examinations didn't show signs of possibility that he is infected by swine flu at beginning, but this was confirmed after the autopsy. Thus it is not possible to say unequivocally that swine flu was immediate cause of dead," mentioned spoke person of faculty hospital in Pilsen Ms Renata Renata Jenšíková.

Rest of the article is not so significant but you can try google translator if interested. Just be careful - it can produce translations with just opposite meanings with Czech language.

This statement clearly show case of hemmorhagic H1N1 flu living deep in lungs.
Just to complete picture: overall health care is on quite good level here, microbiology and connected sciences have long and sound tradition here even despite communists era. So if they looked for H1N1 they did it thoroughly with state of the art technology - just because they can and are curious.
Also i want to note that physicians/patients here are not so manipulated by bigbizz interests as in USA yet - but situation is worsening rapidly year by year.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by zeddissad]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by calohan

Yes Mexico was the origin. Mexico has an oozing problem. Oozing people, drugs, and disease. Also a rabies mutation, which I contend prompted the government to use H8N5 against stray dogs (also oozing) near the flashpoint of H1N1. Human error could have easily released the wrong virus.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Jane Burgermeister is making threats of violence against various people again.... This time she wants to chop the heads off Swedish journalists for some reason.

If I say the words “Marie Antoinette”, “Ludwig the XVI”, “1793″, “guillotine” - then what are the images popping up in your tiny, corrupt brains? If anyone of you put up a single more misleading placard about the vaccine against the swine flu, if anyone of you show a single more lying news report about the ongoing mass vaccinations, if anyone of you keep on avoiding to give the swedish people all the information that governments and rulers around the world are intentionally keeping away from the citizens, if anyone one of you keep feeding us with the illusion that everything is okey and there is nothing to worry about, if any of you, starting today, the 11th of October 2009, keep on lying to the swedish people, deceiving the swedish people, give disinformation to the swedish people, spread distraction to the swedish people, then you will have to pay very dearly for this.

source

She's still telling the Joseph Moshe fable.... I guess it's time to contact him directly and let him tell everyone it wasn't him.

This is the kind of ranting and raving that leads to people being locked up in rubber rooms. Then again, the people who try to instigate violence usually turn out to be working for the government in some capacity.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
WHAT ARE THE RELATIVE CHANCES OF SWINE FLU BEING BEHIND PULMONARY HEMMORRHAGE?

Although it is in the differential, in a single word, REMOTE:

Oill PA, Roser SM, Galpin JE, et al: Infectious disease
emergencies-Part III: Patients presenting with respiratory
distress syndromes, In Infectious disease emergencies
-Teaching Conference, University of California, Los
Angeles, and Harbor General Hospital, Torrance (Specialty
Conference). West J Med 125:452-478, Dec

Pulmonary Hemorrhage

Massive hemoptysis is a frightening event for both patient and physician. Even the slightest amount of blood in the expectorated sputum is of great concern. Physicians in the emergency department,
however, usually do not get involved unless the amount of bleeding is significant. By definition, this has been categorized as hemoptysis
that produces more than 600 ml blood in 24 hours.

The cause is most commonly the breakdown of lung tissue secondary to a chronic infectious process, such as bronchiectasis, pulmonary tuberculosis or fungal disease, and lung abscess. Bronchogenic carcinoma can also be a cause of hemoptysis, but this usually does not cause a pulmonary hemorrhage, except occasionally terminally.

*Chief of Respiratory Therapy, Division of Respiratory Diseases,
Harbor General Hospital; Assistant Professor of Medicine,
UCLA School of Medicine.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
IT IS AGREED UNIVERSALLY THAT SWINE FLU IS A RARE CAUSE OF PULMONARY HEMMORHAGE

Probl Tuberk Bolezn Legk. 2005;(1):40-3.

[Pulmonary hemorrhages of different etiology: diagnosis and treatment]

[Article in Russian]

Ventsiavichus V, Tsitsenas S.

Hemorrhage is one of the most pressing problems in lung diseases. The paper analyzes the results of medical and surgical treatments for pulmonary hemorrhages. A total of 724 patients with hemoptysis and bleedings of various etiology were treated at the Thoracic Unit in 1985-2003. Pulmonary hemorrhages occurred in 442 (61%) patients with pulmonary tuberculosis and in 282 (39%) patients with nonspecific lung diseases.

And the mechanism through which TB (a mycobacteria) invokes such hemmorhagic disease is below: 

An Interstitial and Hemorrhagic Pneumonitis Induced by Mycobacterial (TB, Avian TB, Swine TB) Trehalose Dimycolate.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by yakoff

D225G Swine flu mutation - Same receptor as 1918 Spanish flu pandemic found in Ukraine virus

According to analysis of genetic testing done by the World Health Organization, the Ukraine flu virus is an H1N1 mutation that is similar to the 1918 Spanish flu epidemic.

The H1N1 mutation in the Ukraine also includes the symptoms of bleeding in the lungs, and has been described as an infection that completely destroys the lungs.

Oh damn...I will be flying out to Lviv, Ukraine in 2 days. I have two packs of Tamiflu with me. Any idea will the Tamiflu be effective against the mutated strain??

Mod edit: (Mod error)

[edit on 26 Nov 2009 by Hellmutt]

new topics

top topics

<< 223  224  225    227  228  229 >>

join