It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 217
<< 214  215  216    218  219  220 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
The warning went out to hospitals and other health care facilities that the new strain of swine flu is in the US and that they expect to see a large number of deaths and infected.

Edit: I've checked around the hosptital today, and NOBODY here has gotten this warning. My boss hasn't heard of it, the people in ICU haven't heard of it...the docs haven't heard of it, even.

I don't believe there's been an official warning. At least not to our hospital.

Or, if it has been released, the warning hasn't gotten to us yet.

Edit to add:

In light of what I've seen today in the ICU, however...it fits. That's about all I can say.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity
Eco, do they know if any of the 52 who died had the vaccine?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
People in the US are dying in numbers quite a bit higher than the WHO or CDC are "officially" reporting but the facts are still there, buried in the CDC statistics.

Infants and children have been dying at a rate of 40-50 per week of flu related pneumonia but since that's what they died of they aren't being counted in the H1N1 totals:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/826e010ec84c.gif[/atsimg]

Around 500 people are dying per week in the US of H1N1 but they aren't being added to the "official" H1N1 fatality counts.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lithographyman
Eco, do they know if any of the 52 who died had the vaccine?

Oddly enough, out of all the people who have died in the entire World they all had one thing in common. They were not vaccinated.

Only a handful of people have died from H1N1 after being vaccinated and in all those cases they claim the patients were infected at the time they took the vaccine.

Millions of people have been vaccinated in the US for quite a while now, I don't see or even hear any reports of them getting sick. They're the lucky ones, by the time I'll be allowed to take the vaccine the squalene will probably be in it, if they decide to rush production they'll obviously want to use the squalene to double the amount available.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Thanks Eco...yeah I don't see me geeting the H1N1 vaccine anytime soon here in Arizona

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
People in the US are dying in numbers quite a bit higher than the WHO or CDC are "officially" reporting but the facts are still there, buried in the CDC statistics.

Infants and children have been dying at a rate of 40-50 per week of flu related pneumonia but since that's what they died of they aren't being counted in the H1N1 totals:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/826e010ec84c.gif[/atsimg]

Around 500 people are dying per week in the US of H1N1 but they aren't being added to the "official" H1N1 fatality counts.

Eco,

Thanks for this info.

Did you create this graph from data on a website or can you provide the link for it?

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Expert warning over new swine flu

Three out of five patients diagnosed with the Tamiflu-resistant strain remain in hospital, after it was revealed they could be the world's first cases of person-to-person transmission of the virus, the National Public Health Service for Wales (NPHS) said.

Professor Nigel Dimmock, a virologist at the University of Warwick said: "This is just the beginning. You have got a lot of viruses and if you use Tamiflu at the level they are using it you get resistance.

Five patients catch new strain of drug-resistant swine flu

Health authorities in Britain reported that five patients at University Hospital Wales in Cardiff became infected while, in the US, a cluster of four Tamiflu-resistant cases of the H1N1 virus at Duke University Medical Center, where three of the patients died, was being investigated yesterday.

Tamiflu-Resistant H1N1 Virus Discovered in UK and US

In a recent development which has managed to worry physicians, experts and the general population, epidemic experts have warned that there is a potential vaccine resistant H1N1 virus rearing its head, and investigations for the same are on. The investigations are happening among 4 patients at Durham's Duke University Medical Center and 5 patients currently housed at a hospital in Wales.

Guess it's back to garlic and onions soon....

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
CDC Weekly

Synopsis:

During week 45 (November 8-14, 2009), influenza activity decreased slightly in the U.S. (eco-yeah it went down from the all time high the week prior..)

3,106 (28.8%) specimens tested by U.S. World Health Organization (WHO) and National Respiratory and Enteric Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS) collaborating laboratories and reported to CDC/Influenza Division were positive for influenza.

Over 99% of all subtyped influenza A viruses being reported to CDC were 2009 influenza A (H1N1) viruses.

The proportion of deaths attributed to pneumonia and influenza (P&I) was above the epidemic threshold for the seventh consecutive week.

Twenty-one influenza-associated pediatric deaths were reported. Fifteen of these deaths were associated with 2009 influenza A (H1N1) virus infection, and six were associated with an influenza A virus for which the subtype was undetermined. (eco- too bad they split off the staph related pneumonia cases which double that number)

The proportion of outpatient visits for influenza-like illness (ILI) was 5.5% which is above the national baseline of 2.3%. All 10 regions reported ILI above region-specific baseline levels.

Forty-three states reported geographically widespread influenza activity, Puerto Rico and seven states reported regional influenza activity, the District of Columbia reported local influenza activity, and Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands reported sporadic influenza activity.

So everything is above the baseline and epidemic threshold but hey, every-thing's allright, right?

The CDC sends a more in-depth weekly briefing to all hospitals and healthcare professionals, if any of you work in healthcare and aren't getting them you might want to check with your management...

[edit on 21-11-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

The CDC sends a more in-depth weekly briefing to all hospitals and healthcare professionals, if any of you work in healthcare and aren't getting them you might want to check with your management...

[edit on 21-11-2009 by ecoparity]

You specifically said a warning was sent out.

A weekly briefing from the CDC is not the same thing as an official warning from the CDC. They are two completely different things.

Was it a "warning" or a "weekly briefing"?

Edit to add:

Right. It was a weekly briefing. Jesus....huge difference. A CDC weekly briefing is like a tornado watch. A CDC warning is like a tornado warning.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
So should i get the vaccine or not? If the people who are dying are not vaccinated then it would seem that one should get the vaccine.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

You can't read between the lines?

You mentioned something going on in your hospital you couldn't disclose, I'm guessing thanks to HIPAA.

If you combine what you see with what's hidden in plain sight in the weekly briefing do you see anything that might indicate issues to be concerned about?

Something that might not appear to be related to the H1N1 pandemic at all?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
www.recombinomics.com...

1918 RBD D225G in Lung Cases in Ukraine and Norway
Recombinomics Commentary 11:29
November 21, 2009

For the two 1918 HA variants, the South Carolina (SC) HA (with Asp190, Asp225) bound exclusively alpha2-6 receptors, while the New York (NY) variant, which differed only by one residue (Gly225), had mixed alpha2-6/alpha2-3 specificity, especially for sulfated oligosaccharides.

The above description is from a paper analyzing receptor binding domain differences in sequences from the 1918 pandemic. The New York variant had D225G, the same change found in lung tissues from fatal swine H1N1 sequences in Brazil, Ukraine, and Norway. The above result clearly demonstrated a change in receptor specificity for D225G, which was present in A/New York/1/1918 and A/London/1/1919, demonstrating the same change I 1918 that has been described in 2009. Although WHO stated that this change was "not significant" in the Ukraine samples, it was associated with the fatal cases and is cause for concern. The concern was increased by the announcement from Norway indicating the same change was found in fatal H1N1 lung infections there also.

Although there have been comments that this change was "spontaneous" and did not spread, the finding of the same change in all four deceased patients in Ukraine from two distinct locations, indicates it did spread, as did the finding of the same change in multiple cases in Brazil and Norway. Although the concept of "random mutation" has been used to explain away the sudden appearance of the same polymorphism on multiple backgrounds, the appearance via recombination is a much stronger argument for the same change to appear at multiple locations at the same time.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
www.recombinomics.com...

The WHO said the mutation does not appear to spread and the public health significance of the finding is unclear.

"Although further investigation is under way, no evidence currently suggests that these mutations are leading to an unusual increase in the number of H1N1 infections or a greater number of severe or fatal cases," the agency said.

The above WHO comments on the receptor binding domain change D225G (cited as position 222 in some reports using H1 numbering) is curious. Although WHO claimed that there were no significant changes in the sequences from Ukraine, none of the Ukraine situation updates excluded a receptor binding domain change, and when 10 HA sequences were published at GISAID by WHO regional lab Mill Hill, there was clear evidence of an association of D225G with fatal cases. Of the 10 sequences released, four were listed as deceased, and all four had D225G. None of the six samples which came from patients that were labeled with age and gender but had no deceased designation had D225G. Moreover, three of the four samples from deceased patients were lung samples and all three lung samples had D225G. The samples which had closely related sequences but lacking D225G were predominantly nasal washes, which also presented concerns that the swine H1N1 was differentially detected, due in part to changes in receptor binding specificity.

This concern was based on published data on sequences from samples from 1918 patients. In 1918 the same change occurred. Most samples had a D at position 225, while two samples had D225G (from 1918 and 1919). The tested sample with D225G had a different binding specificity, which would be expected to show differential binding to various tissue types.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wloy7

That's your decision. No one should be telling you what to do in that regard.

The only advice I can give anyone is that the coming week should be looked at as something to take advantage of by those lucky enough to get the early warning.

In my state, only children and adults under 25 can get the vaccine unless they fall into one of the high risk groups with underlying health conditions.

So, I cannot get the vaccine, my wife cannot get it and because one of my daughters has had problems with fevers for weeks after taking vaccinations we will not be vaccinating them either.

When the bad news finally gets out there will be a rush for vaccine, possibly even a "vaccine panic" as a number of virologists are claiming. If you are inclined to take the vaccine and were waiting to see if the virus would mutate into being more deadly, and you are able to get it without mercury in it then this would be the time to do it.

If I were in that scenario I would make the move now before the supply runs out and people start to panic, lines get even longer, etc.

If you are not going to take it or cannot like me and mine, this is the time to secure a supply of antivirals and other medications which will be in short supply in the near future.

It's also a good time to stock up on supplies, fill the car with gas and so on.

The information that has come out on this thread should be taken advantage of fully as the "blessing" it may very well turn out to represent.

No one can say things will get that bad for certain, there are reasons to be optimistic but being prepared is not about waiting until you know with absolute certainty. By then, it's too late. Being prepared means being willing to take the chance you are wrong but feeling the effort is worth it in case you turn out to be right.

If and when things get ugly people will move very quickly. Needed supplies and medication will disappear extremely fast.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

No, the nearest to a "good" reason to intentionally release that "foul plague" on humanity is that some powerful people believe the Earth needs depopulating.

There is no reason to believe that "the government has inside information and plans for the future". Nobody knows that, because even the best of plans can go awry. Even if some people believe they know what's going to happen in 2 or 3 years time, it doesn't mean all the countries' leaders do. They are puppets, lower down on the food chain than one might think.

What if it was an act to save lives of Northern Europeans in th elong run. What if there was an immediate threat and this was a preventive move?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by blujay

We aren't playing Solitaire here, we are playing a sort of Chess game, and it's serious.

Exactly. And who are the players?
There are only a few powerful people who could put this scenerio into play. For the good of mankind of course, utilitarianism.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Ok, so here's a question for everyone here (purely rhetorical, of course):

Anybody know what the CDC protocols would be, if they would get called about a case that is eerily like the kinds of cases we are discussing here on this thread?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Tamiflu resistant strain was just mentioned on our local 6 pm MSM television news.

Global TV British Columbia Canada.

watch video www.globalnational.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 214  215  216    218  219  220 >>

join